Friday, August 16, 2019

Midsummer Harambee Charity Market

Hiya everyone! Tonight I would like to share some treats from the Midsummer Harambee Charity Market, for an organization to help a community in Kenya with schooling and such. The word harambee means "working together" in Swahili, and I think it is a beautiful name to remind us to be kind and helpful to each other. In addition to the sales event, there are some free gifts and a $1L hunt that means there are yellow boxes at many of the displays. Explore and have a pleasant visit, and you can even donate at one of the kiosks there if you are so inclined. The event is open until the 22nd, so just under a week remaining to stop by.


My first look is one of the GIULIADESIGN free gifts, called Stella 05. It includes the tank style dress in Freya, Isis, Venus, Maitreya, Hourglass, and Physique sizes, while the boots come in the same sizes so they fit your legs properly.


Another free gift awaits at the GIULIADESIGN display too, their Folletina 6 outfit. The dress and boots are each provided in Freya, Isis, Venus, Maitreya, Hourglass, and Physique sizing, and there is an earcuff for the right ear too. It is hiding in my hair, but I do appreciate having jewelry included with this playful outfit. The belt is built into the dress, and I love the dainty bows.


*ASIA* has two generous free gifts for us as well. This is their lovely ADELLE red, with a sheer romper in sizes for Freya, Isis, Venus, Maitreya, Hourglass, Physique, Tonic Curvy, and Tonic Fine. The gladiator type sandals are included too, in Maitreya, Hourglass, and Physique flat sizing in matching crimson. 


The other *ASIA* gift is this striking GINGER gold, a top and skirt linked together as a single piece in sizes for Maitreya, Hourglass, and Physique. The matching shoes with built in sheer socks come in the same mesh sizes. This is such an appealing look!


For my last look of the evening, I combined two treats from different designers. The top is the free gift from _!_L.C.T.M_!_ which stands for "Loca Como Tu Madre", which I had to google to make sure of what it meant. It is crazy like your mother ;) The top is called Aloha, which is what the lovely toucan in the image on the front is wishing us, and it comes in standard mesh sizes plus Freya, Isis, Venus, Maitreya, and Slink versions. The vibrant skirt is a $1L gift from Sweet Intoxication, called Cargo Skirt - Magenta. It is provided in Belleza, Maitreya, Hourglass, Physique, and TMP sizes, all with that great bow on the front and plenty of pockets. I can't tell if there is a slight ombre of light to dark going down from waist to hem, or if it's just my lighting or my eyes. Either way, these look fun together or you can pair them with anything you prefer from your inventory.

I can't decide if I should be wondering if it's naptime yet, or if it's autumn yet. I think that sums up my day, hot and tiring, with a bonus of having an ingrown toenail dug/ripped out that was pretty uncomfortable. At least that toe will heal in a couple of days and the ingrown part won't bother me any more for quite a while :) Eventually my toes might get the hint, and let the nails grow correctly. *fingers crossed* Tomorrow is dinner with my parents, so I am looking forward to that, and then my usual busy Saturday. I hope you're all having a glorious day/evening, many magical magpie hugs to everyone!!

Credits:
All Gifts from the Midsummer Harambee Charity Market:

Photo 1:
Outfit: ***GIULIADESIGN***STELLA 05 $0L Event Gift

Photo 2:
Outfit: ***GIULIADESIGN***FOLLETINA6 $0L Event Gift

Photo 3:
Outfit: *ASIA* ADELLE red $0L Event Gift

Photo 4:
Outfit: *ASIA* GINGER gold gift $0L Event Gift

Photo 5:
Top: _!_L.C.T.M_!_ Top Aloha Gift $0L Event Gift
Skirt: ::Sweet Intoxication:: Cargo Skirt - Magenta $1L Event Gift

Head: GENUS Project - Genus Head - Classic Face W001 - Mocap
Hair: TRUTH HAIR Kare - Redhead 
Skin: 7 Deadly s[K]ins - LIEF cotton candy (Omega head/body)
Ring: (BENTO)~~Ysoral ~~ .:Luxe Ring Lyanna 4:. (Marketplace)
Body: Maitreya Mesh Body - Lara
Hands: Slink AvEnhance Hands Female-Casual (UPDATED 3/8/2017 to Dynamic/Bento)
Feet: Slink AvEnhance Feet Female Deluxe Pack
All Poses: Verocity (various sets)

No comments:

Post a Comment