Sunday, April 1, 2018

Easter in the Land of Rainbows

Hiya everyone! Tonight I am pleased to share some of the many fantastic prizes from the Land of Rainbows Easter Egg Hunt, which runs until the 6th of April. You will be searching their beautiful sim for over 70 decorated eggs that you can click to claim free prizes, no group needed. It is an adult sim so no child avatars are permitted, and the adult nature of the sim allows for some intriguing prizes like a set of decorative buttplugs. That one made me giggle! Land of Rainbows is an LGBT+ community destination, and all adults are welcome there. You will land in a building with an egg example and a sign that can guide you on the hunt, but basically I suggest exploring every path and area you encounter for the eggs...take your time and enjoy the work that has gone into the vibrant landscape. There are clothing/accessory prizes for ladies and gents, plus home decor, gadgets and more.


My first look is a prize from [E]legance, their dress called Happy Easter. It is provided in sizes for Freya, Isis, Venus, Maitreya, Hourglass, and Physique, and I would recommend wearing this with your favorite bodysuit or shirt layered beneath to wear in non-adult areas. I always wonder if I sound like a prude when I suggest ways to make things more modest, but it's really a case of knowing that many stores I visit have rules about how people are dressed and it is easy to adapt outfits to conform to those.


I'll tell you all a secret: I am not very successful at adjusting accessories to fit my avatar at times, and it is a bit embarrassing that after 10 and a half years in SL I still haven't gotten the hang of it. Why do I mention this now? I was so tickled to see that this prize from M&M STYLE called MIMI has the cute backpack attached to each size, so no editing needed! Those sizes would be 5 standard, 5 fitmesh, Freya, Isis, Venus, eBody, Maitreya, Ocacin, Hourglass, Physique, TMP, Tonic Curvy, and Tonic Fine, so one to fit just about every shape or size. There is also a HUD included that lets you choose from 4 color combinations, 3 of which have text on the front and on the backpack, as you can see above. I do enjoy a nice comfy sweatshirt, and even more so when it has a touch of sass.


*PowerDesign* has an outfit hiding in their egg called Savannah, and this lovely dress comes with earrings and matching necklace. The dress is provided in standard mesh sizes plus Freya, Isis, Venus, Maitreya, Hourglass, and Physique versions, with a HUD that offers 8 color/texture choices. Some are subtle and others are dramatic, I liked them all so much it was hard to narrow down to just these two to share as examples.


If you are craving a soft floral look to celebrate spring, look no further than the prize from Wicca's Wardrobe. Their egg holds this Iris Dress for Easter 2018, a delicate slip of satin with a halter neck whose straps trail down the back so prettily. It comes in sizes for Maitreya, Hourglass, and Physique mesh bodies, but could possibly work with others.


For tonight's final look, I decided to display some playful pinstripes on my nails, courtesy of the prize from IP Nails. Their Freaky Fatpack comes with appliers for Maitreya/Bento, Omega, Slink/Dynamic, and Vista Bento, each with 6 colors to choose from. There is enough variety to be able to wear these with so many different outfits, I love the possibilities!

Today was enjoyable but tiring, and tomorrow will be spent traveling then visiting with family. I have decided to take a vacation day from blogging, so I wish all who celebrate a very Happy Easter now :) For those who don't, I as always wish you a beautiful Sunday and a peaceful weekend, and I will return soon. Many magical magpie hugs to everyone!!

Credits:
All Prizes from the Land of Rainbows Easter Egg Hunt:

Photo 1:
Dress: [E]legance Dress "Happy Easter" $0L Hunt Prize

Photo 2:
Outfit: M&M STYLE MIMI $0L Hunt Prize

Photo 3:
Outfit: *PowerDesign* Savannah $0L Hunt Prize

Photo 4:
Dress: Wicca's Wardrobe - Iris Dress [Easter 2018] $0L Hunt Prize

Photo 5:
Nails: IP Nails Freaky Fatpack $0L Hunt Prize

Head: [GA.EG] Barbara Bento Mesh Head
Hair: TRUTH HAIR Polly - Redhead
Skin: 7 Deadly s[K]ins - BRITNEY cotton candy (Omega head/body)
Eyes: *Inkheart* - Soul Eyes - Memories
Ring: (BENTO)~~Ysoral ~~ .:Luxe Ring Lyanna 4:. (Marketplace)
Body: Maitreya Mesh Body - Lara
Nails: Slink Utilities HUD
Hands: Slink AvEnhance Hands Female-Casual (UPDATED 3/8/2017 to Dynamic/Bento)
Feet: Slink AvEnhance Feet Female Deluxe Pack
All Poses: Verocity (various sets)

No comments:

Post a Comment