Thursday, November 28, 2019

Feeling Thankful

Hiya everyone! Tonight I decided to choose a group I am thankful for, FabFree in SL, and share some of their current group gifts with everyone. Their group is free to join and is the in-world presence of the FabFree in SL blog, a longtime favorite read of mine that I highly recommend to learn about gifts, sales, special offers, and events throughout SL. Whether you are new to the grid or an experienced resident, you will find useful information there :) There are many designers who have gifts waiting for FabFree group members, just visit with your tag active and look for the rainbow FabFree sign.


My first look is our gift from ! SALTY ! in their temporary location in the air while the Flawless sim undergoes a little renovation :) Her name is Luna and she is a sleeveless gathered delight in black with built in belt. The gift includes sizes for Freya, Isis, Maitreya, Hourglass, and Physique mesh bodies. 


Such a pretty way to show off a bare midriff and hourglass figure :) This is the gift from Alias! called Oh Fall, and it is quite versatile since it includes a HUD with 10 autumnal texture choices for the top which all look great with the long black skirt. The top and skirt each come in standard mesh sizes plus Freya, Isis, Venus, Maitreya, Hourglass, Physique, TMP, Tonic Curvy, and Tonic Fine versions.


GLITTER has two gifts for FabFree, the newer of which is this lovely Lindsey Fitmesh Dress Bluette. It is provided in 5 classic sizes and 5 fitmesh sizes for classic avatars, plus mesh body versions for eBody, Freya, Isis, Venus, Maitreya, Hourglass, Physique, TMP, Tonic Curvy, and Tonic Fine. The layers at the waist remind me of tulip petals, such an intriguing style!


Another little black dress that is far from basic, this is the BWC In Black Dress. The sheer floral panel on the top complements the lacy hem beautifully, while making this dress somehow both flirty and modest. It comes in sizes for Freya, Isis, Venus, Maitreya, Hourglass, Physique, Tonic Curvy, and Tonic Fine mesh bodies.


My final look this evening is a revealing one, the Black Lace Bustier Negligee by COVETED!. It is included in sizes for Freya, Isis, Venus, Maitreya, Hourglass, Physique, and Legacy mesh bodies, and has various levels of transparency for a seductive feeling. Again, I am a fan of all the little details, like the unique straps and the lace beneath the bra cups. 

As I mentioned in my title, I am feeling thankful for many things this year as we approach Thanksgiving. The fact that my grandmother is still with us at 93 and after surviving a stroke a few years ago is a miracle, and getting together with family and friends at her house will be a special occasion for sure. I have a houseguest arriving momentarily to join us for dinner, and they will be here until Friday night so will be understandably busy the next couple of days. Right now my plan is to skip blogging tomorrow but probably post the following evening, but if that becomes too much of a challenge I will try to give a heads up on twitter. Our Thanksgiving traditions are a bit complicated as a blended Italian-American family, so we have: fruit salad, Italian wedding soup, pasta with meatballs and sausage, then the turkey and sides (potatoes, stuffing, veggies, etc.) and homemade cranberry sauce, finishing up with several desserts. All of these are homemade, organic where possible, locally sourced, etc., so it is quite a feast and one that takes all day to eat. I will probably be there for 8 hours or more, so you can bet I'll need a nap after all that! I generally take tiny portions of most of the above while totally skipping others, and lots of leftovers always make their way to everyone's homes.

Back to the gratitude I want to express...I am very fortunate to have family, friends, and Xan in my life, and I am grateful for whatever remaining health I have. I really need to mention how much I appreciate all of you who read my blog and give me a reason to do this, it provides a sense of purpose in my sometimes bleak existence and I thank you. If you celebrate, please have a very Happy Thanksgiving, and if not I still wish you a beautiful day of course. Sending many magical magpie hugs to everyone!!

Credits:
All Group Gifts for FabFree in SL:

Photo 1:
Dress: ! SALTY ! - Luna $0L FabFree Group Gift

Photo 2:
Outfit: Alias! Oh Fall $0L FabFree Group Gift

Photo 3:
Dress: GLITTER LINDSEY FITMESH DRESS BLUETTE $0L FabFree Group Gift

Photo 4:
Dress: BWC In Black Dress $0L FabFree Group Gift

Photo 5:
Dress: Black Lace Bustier Negligee by COVETED! $0L FabFree Group Gift

Eyeshadow: alaskametro<3 "#onfleek" makeup - eyes 01 !TESTER! $0L Wearable Demo

Head: GENUS Project - Genus Head - Classic Face W001 - Mocap 
Hair: TRUTH HAIR Apple - Redhead 
Skin: 7 Deadly s[K]ins - ZELLA cotton candy (system layer for BOM)
Ring: (BENTO)~~Ysoral ~~ .:Luxe Ring Lyanna 4:. (Marketplace)
Body/Hands/FeetSlink Hourglass Physique Mesh Body Bundle (Redux) V4.0.1
All Poses: Verocity (various sets)

No comments:

Post a Comment