Friday, July 1, 2022

SL19B Gets Frosted

 Hiya everyone! Tonight we take a look at some of the free gifts found on the Frosted region at the SL19B Shop & Hop, one of 20 regions in this 19th birthday extravaganza. It is amazing to think of all that has been created and has evolved in Second Life during almost 2 decades, and I have been delighted to witness much of it. The shopping portion of the event has a few days remaining, and nearly every designer is offering a free gift in addition to discounted offers and exclusive items. Every time SL holds a Shop and Hop event, it is always well worth visiting!


For my first look of the evening, I slipped into the lovely ::ALTER::Fany Mini Dress / Nude gift. This ruffled wrap dress has slit sleeves and is tied in the back just like on the sleeves, in a soft beige shade. Our gift includes Freya, Hourglass, Kupra Bimbo, Legacy, and Maitreya mesh body sizes.


Then I had fun trying on both versions of our [[2Love]] Hanna Top & Skirt gift, Nude and Orange. Each is packaged separately with the top and skirt in sizes for Freya, Hourglass, Legacy, and Maitreya bodies. Since they are individual pieces, you could mix and match the tops and skirts if you wish :) The pinky tan and the burnt orange colors do go well together, don't they? Especially since both have a sparkly looking texture.


Our gift from MONOMANIA is their Gentlewoman Choco outfit, one of the few that adheres to our Steampunk theme of the event :) The blouse with vest (one piece) and pants are each provided in Freya, Isis, Venus, Maitreya, Hourglass, and Physique sizes, while the shoes fit Belleza, Maitreya, and Slink mid height feet. The rich brown color definitely reminds me of dark chocolate, and there is a refined air to this outfit that straddles the line beautifully between masculine and feminine.


One of the best parts of multiple gifts is the chance to combine them to create a new look, like I did here. I started with the [ADD] Beverly Dress - OrangeC, which fits Legacy, Perky, Maitreya, and Petite mesh bodies. The scoop sides and mostly bare back are beautiful details, as well as the plunging neckline laced loosely together just above the navel. Then I added the gift from Dark Mouse called *DM* Abstract Leaves Necklace & Earrings. Each of these has a HUD so we can choose from 4 metals and 4 pearl colors. You can see a closeup view of the necklace for a better idea of the leaves and the way the pearls resemble berry clusters. 


My final look features a new feathery friend I made at Shop & Hop, although instead of feathers he seems to be intricately carved and painted :) It is the :[P]:- Chonkbird Gift - from Petrichor, and has a built in hold pose to show off our bird in your choice of 8 colors via HUD. I love birds of all shapes and sizes, so I definitely couldn't resist this chubby cutie. 

It was a busy day making plans for the weekend, and I watched another episode of Stranger Things (one more to go before the final two are released very soon) that had my mind reeling. So many answers, so many more questions! The storyline has always pulled me in, even if the gore this season has been challenging for me. I look away a lot, but am still getting the gist of it. My houseguest will be arriving late tomorrow evening, probably while I am in the midst of blogging, and will be here until Monday evening. I am planning on taking my usual Saturday off from blogging, no other changes at this point but something could come up last minute I guess. Overall I am still eager to share all sorts of goodies with you this weekend as always :) I hope you're all having a fantastic day/evening, many magical magpie hugs to everyone!!

Credits:
All Gifts from SL19B Shop & Hop - Frosted Region:

Photo 1:
Dress: ::ALTER::Fany Mini Dress / Nude $0L SL19B Gift

Photo 2:
Outfits: [[2Love]] Hanna Top & Skirt. Nude & Orange $0L SL19B Gift

Photo 3:
Outfit: MONOMANIA - Gentlewoman Choco $0L SL19B Gift

Photo 4:
Dress: [ADD] Beverly Dress - OrangeC $0L SL19B Gift
Jewelry: Dark Mouse *DM* Abstract Leaves Necklace & Earrings $0L SL19B Gift

Photo 5:
Bird: Petrichor :[P]:- Chonkbird Gift - $0L SL19B Gift

Head: GENUS Project - Genus Head - Classic Face W001 - Mocap 
Hair: TRUTH Curious - Redhead
Skin: 7 Deadly s[K]ins - BRIONIE marshmellow (BOM)
Ring: (BENTO)~~Ysoral~~ .:Luxe Ring Lyanna 4:. (Marketplace)
Body/Hands/Feet: Maitreya Mesh Body - Lara
All Poses: Verocity  (Various Sets)

No comments:

Post a Comment