Tuesday, April 28, 2020

No Place Like Home

Hiya everyone! Tonight we continue with the bounty of Stay at Home Club gifts, thanks to the many generous designers who want to lift our spirits while we protect each other by staying home. I am so proud to be a part of the SL community, particularly when I get to witness some of my fellow residents banding together and supporting all of us this way :) There are several categories on the website, so be sure to peek at all of the tabs to see what else is being offered besides the apparel seen here this evening. We are all going to come out of this mess with highly fashionable and well-accessorized avatars as well as freshly remodeled homes at this rate! We will have had extra time in SL along with all these fantastic free gifts, plus any regularly scheduled events to shop at, so plenty of opportunity.


This first look is a cute strapless mini from I.M.C. which is simply named Stay at Home Dress. The belt is well coordinated with the pattern of the dress, with strands dangling down the front beneath a metallic closure. It comes in Hourglass and Maitreya sizes, to fit two very popular mesh bodies. 


I also stopped by the Luziefee store, where I happily claimed their gift called LUZ - Beach Pearl 1. This gathered gown reminds me of a modern toga, while the colors made me think of soothing ocean waves and glistening sand. This gift includes plenty of sizes: 5 classic, 5 fitmesh, and versions for Belleza, Maitreya, Hourglass, and Physique mesh bodies. 


Pink Passion has a sweet gift for us, their Flower Romper whose creamy color is a great backdrop for small pink blossoms scattered about. The halter style has a sexy bare back, and would be great for showing off your favorite tattoo perhaps :) The gift consists of Maitreya and Hourglass sizes.


I also got to enjoy the female gift from No Shot called ~NS~ Striped Swimsuit, and I specified female because there is also a pair of striped shorts for the guys. Our swimsuit has a bare belly and crossed straps in the back, and comes in sizes for Alice, Altamura, eBody Curvy, Freya, Isis, Venus, Legacy, Maitreya, Hourglass, Physique, and TMP bodies. There is also a HUD provided with 6 color choices, all with vivid black stripes that really stand out against any hue.


My final look tonight is a sensual Asian gown from HAIKU called Sai #StayatHome. It is designed for the Maitreya mesh body, with daring side slits that basically turn the front and back into slender panels of rich silk with golden trim. There is a HUD included, but I did not see any buttons on it that affected the dress in any way (there are ones to get the store's landmark and marketplace link) but it is possible that SL was simply being difficult for me at the time. That has been happening a lot lately, for example our skybox did not rez for Xan and me 2 of the past 3 evenings. I'm sure there are a lot more people are spending time in SL and it may be straining their servers, as I have seen problems mentioned in groups and on social media with textures and objects not rezzing. My plan is to be patient and keep my fingers crossed :) 

Ahh, the joys of anxiety...I visit a podiatrist every 9 weeks like clockwork (insurance sets that timeframe) to get my toenails taken care of because I am very prone to ingrowns, and have 3 currently digging in and hurting. Over 2 months ago I scheduled my next visit for tomorrow, and they are still treating patients so I am trying to steel myself for a scary outing. I keep reminding myself that people are not visiting a foot doctor because they are ill from the virus, and they are surely cleaning things very well, and I will be wearing a mask...common sense can't always chase away fear though. Only one doctor is on call at a time, and they are not having anyone sit in a waiting room but bringing us back to the exam room immediately, so I know they are doing their best for everyone's safety. My dental appointment earlier in the month had been canceled by them as non-essential, and I was fine with that since I am not having any particular issues or discomfort like with my ingrown toenails. Oh well, I hope you're all having a safe and pleasant day/evening, many magical magpie hugs to everyone!!

Credits:
All Gifts for the Stay at Home Club:

Photo 1:
Dress: I.M.C. Stay at Home Dress $0L Stay at Home Club

Photo 2:
Dress: Luziefee LUZ - Beach Pearl 1 $0L Stay at Home Club

Photo 3:
Outfit: {Pink Passion} Flower Romper $0L Stay at Home Club

Photo 4:
Swimsuit: No Shot ~NS~ Striped Swimsuit $0L Stay at Home Club

Photo 5:
Dress: [HAIKU] Sai #StayAtHome $0L Stay at Home Club


Head: GENUS Project - Genus Head - Classic Face W001 - Mocap 
Hair: TRUTH HAIR Shadow - Redhead 
Skin: 7 Deadly s[K]ins - EVERLASTING cotton candy (system layer for BOM)
Ring: (BENTO)~~Ysoral ~~ .:Luxe Ring Lyanna 4:. (Marketplace)
Body: Maitreya Mesh Body - Lara
All Poses: Verocity (various sets)

No comments:

Post a Comment