Tuesday, June 30, 2020

Visions of Sugarplums

Hiya everyone! Tonight's visit to the SL17B Shop and Hop event brings us to the Sugarplum sim, one of 10 sims packed with talented designers offering discounted selections and of course, gifts to help celebrate SL's 17th birthday :) If you are a shopaholic who enjoys free treats, this is an ideal place to visit even if it is a bit crowded. The event is open until July 12th, so almost two weeks to go which is plenty of time to grab some demos and indulge in a little retail therapy. The sim names seem to be wintry themed, but celebratory nonetheless, and it caused my post's title to sound like I have the wrong month ;)


My first look this evening is the charming Candy kitten gift, called Teddy set dots. It consists of the gathered top with detached puff sleeves and pleated skirt, each in sizes for Freya, Legacy, and Maitreya bodies, plus the fun bear collar with built in resize script. The feminine flavor of the pale pink is balanced by the chains draped on each side of the skirt, and you can easily leave the collar off and wear a different necklace if you prefer. I noticed a lot of people wearing pink earlier, which made me happy since usually I am the only one not wearing all black if I am sporting any other colors.


Speaking of colors, the gift from Avanti has plenty of them swirled together for us. This is their Kemi Dyed Set, with two versions of a flattering tube top and mini skirt each in Alice, Freya, Hourglass, Legacy, and Maitreya mesh body sizing. You could mix and match them I suppose, but today I was feeling the bold pops of color from version 1 together, and the delicate but no less beautiful twists of pink from version 2.


This pretty floral dress is the Belle Epoque gift named Dana, and she is provided in sizing for Legacy and Maitreya bodies. I really appreciate the style, with the wrapped skirt tied at the hem with those long trailing strands that fall below the knee.


Secrets of Gaia has created an exclusive gift for anyone who visits, the SoG SLB17 Gown in eye-popping bright blue. This flattering style is beyond floor length since it falls beautifully all around, and the halter neckline is connected to the back by a slender chain along the spine. The texture is flecked with tiny sparkles, and the shadowing really draws attention to every curve. This gift includes sizes for Freya, Hourglass, Physique, Legacy, and Maitreya bodies.


For my final look of the evening, I selected the gift from lassitude & ennui which is called Elemental leather top - SLB gift. These are all created for the Maitreya mesh body and there are 3 colors included, so you will receive the purple and teal seen above as well as a red version that has a rusty tinge to it so it is a terrific choice for leather. The jeans I am wearing are from my favorite marketplace freebie, a fatpack of jeans from Delizio that come in system/BOM layers plus appliers for Maitreya and Omega. You can get creative and pair the tops with whatever you prefer though, they are versatile.

It was a busy day, and tomorrow is going to be unexpectedly hectic too. I found out recently (yes, during a global health issue) that my new family doctor up and left the practice, so once again I have no doctor to prescribe all my fun medications. Apparently explaining that most doctors in the area are not taking new patients during a pandemic does not matter, and they refused to refill my scripts. Sigh. So I managed to get an emergency visit with a new doctor tomorrow somehow, LOL, well it was initially next week but the office called back to offer a slot opened up by a cancellation. It was sheer luck, and I am grateful, although not used to going out two days in a row lately so I guess I am feeling a little frazzled. New doctors make me nervous anyway, just hoping we click :) I have heard good things, so I am feeling positive too. I hope you're all having a lovely day/evening, many magical magpie hugs to everyone!!

Credits:
All Gifts for SL17B - Sugarplum Sim:

Photo 1:
Outfit: Candy kitten *CK* Teddy set dots $0L SL17B Gift

Photo 2:
Outfit: .:Avanti:. Kemi Dyed Set *Gift* $0L SL17B Gift

Photo 3:
Dress: Belle Epoque { Dana } SL17B GIFT $0L SL17B Gift

Photo 4:
Dress: Secrets of Gaia SoG SLB17 Gown $0L SL17B Gift

Photo 5:
Top: lassitude & ennui Elemental leather top - SLB gift $0L SL17B Gift
Pants: Delizio - Jeans + Applier for Maitreya + Omega (shown in White) $0L Marketplace


Head: GENUS Project - Genus Head - Classic Face W001 - Mocap 
Eyeshadow: alaskametro<3 "Noelle" - eyeshadow 04 !TESTER! $0L Wearable Demo
Hair: TRUTH HAIR Kitten - Redhead 
Skin: 7 Deadly s[K]ins - MERRY cotton candy (system layer for BOM)
Ring: (BENTO)~~Ysoral ~~ .:Luxe Ring Lyanna 4:. (Marketplace)
Body: Maitreya Mesh Body - Lara
All Poses: Verocity (various sets)

No comments:

Post a Comment