Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Steamy Wednesday

Hiya everyone! Nope, my night is not steamy because of the weather (still several inches of snow and ice outside) but rather because I am working on the Steam XII Hunt. The theme is From Earth to the Moon, a Jules Verne novel from 1864 which I have not had the pleasure of reading yet but will hopefully remedy that eventually :) Meanwhile the basic idea is to search for the hidden gear at each stop (this round it is silver, other rounds have used various colors of the same shape) and each store should have a sign with a hint giver. If you see footprints on the ground, tan with a pattern of gears inside, that is a path to guide you towards the prize but is not used at all stores. Maybe you enjoy roleplaying in SL, or perhaps you just appreciate a change of pace, whatever your reasoning I hope you find some terrific prizes as I have. To get started, you can visit the information center and don't forget to click that blog link above.


This first outfit is one of several mini hunt prizes at Mountain Rose, where each one you find will give you the next clue along with a gift (or set of gifts). This is from #03 and is their Lady Diplomat, part of a set that includes a male prize as well as CK and TD boys and girls each. The ladies' diplomat look consists of the skirt and jacket in standard fitmesh sizes, along with the Steampunk hat with resize script and even the fun spyglass cane shown here in its open version, plus a closed version. Included but not shown because I had a temporary SL glitch are a pair of matching boots. Since I relogged until the glitch went away, I was able to hide my Slink feet to show you other boots and they are much like the one in the third photo below, just colored a deep blue for this outfit.


This is such a fun look! Continue along that mini hunt and you will find this in prize #06, The Inventor which is shown in its Lady version but also includes Mens and CK boy, CK girl, TD boy, and TD girl. The ladies' costume is a one piece layered overalls/shirt in standard mesh sizes, plus the resizeable tool belt I am enjoying so much, and the matching hat with resize script. Even the boots are included and have a resize script too, since comfort is important while you are inventing. Is it weird that my first thought was Steampunk Super Mario?


I am definitely ready for adventure in this prize from stop #09 in the Mountain Rose mini hunt, and it is aptly named The Explorer. Like the others, it has a Ladies and Mens version, plus CK and TD each for boys and girls. The Explorer Lady starts with the sassy dress in standard mesh sizes, the boots which have a very Victorian feel to me (similar but in blue were the ones I mentioned from that first photo above) and let's not forget my awesome backpack and helmet which each have a built in resize script. Included but not shown, a pair of leggings in system layers so classic avatars only. I'm sure I have some appliers for leggings, tights, or pants that could work out just fine.


One last look of the evening, this is the female prize from Destiny's Designs (yes, that does mean there is a male prize too) called Gambler's Lady. It is beautifully detailed, starting with the blouse in 5 standard fitmesh sizes, the skirt and shawl each in 8 fitmesh sizes including Belleza, Maitreya, and Slink. The bowler hat, necklace, and goggles are lovely touches, as you can see in the closer view of that necklace. Included but not shown, gloves in 3 sizes (none of which fit my arms) and hair with a color HUD so you can adjust the color. I have to admit, I was too attached to my newest Truth Hair purchase made just prior to taking these photos, to remove it ;) Her name is Miriam and I chose her because I wanted something with a classic style, and I find those soft waves to be very romantic. 

It has been a quiet day here, although I was informed that the roads are pretty clear but parking lots are not, so going places is fine until you need a parking space. I've noticed that before around here, they seem to feel unburying half the usual spots is good enough but then the brave souls who trek to the stores have to squabble over every spot like a flock of pigeons with a single breadcrumb. Hopefully the temperature will rise enough to melt some of it the next few days, slowly enough to avoid flooding of course. *fingers crossed* I hope you're all having a terrific day/evening, magical magpie hugs to each of you!

Credits:
All Prizes from the Steam XII Hunt:


Photo 1:
Outfit: Mountain Rose Lady Diplomat (Mini Hunt Gift #03) $0L Hunt Prize

Photo 2:
Outfit: Mountain Rose The Inventor - Lady (Mini Hunt Gift #06) $0L Hunt Prize

Photo 3:
Outfit: Mountain Rose The Explorer - Lady (Mini Hunt #09) $0L Hunt Prize

Photo 4:
Outfit: Destiny's Designs !~DD~! Gambler's Lady $0L Hunt Prize

Hair: TRUTH HAIR - Miriam - gingers
Eyes: * Inkheart * - Seth Eyes - Hope (Size S)
Skin: .::WoW Skins::. Irina 2016 Tan
Nails: Slink Utilities HUD
Body: Maitreya Mesh Body - Lara
Hands: Slink AvEnhance Hands Female-Casual (UPDATED 3/8/2017 to Bento)
Feet: Slink AvEnhance Feet Female Deluxe Pack

No comments:

Post a Comment