Friday, December 1, 2017

Free and Fabulous

Hiya everyone! Tonight I am having fun showing off some gifts for the FabFree group, which is short for Fabulously Free in SL. The group is the inworld representation of their amazing blog which I have been following for as long as I can recall, a terrific resource for new and more seasoned residents alike to find gifts, sales, new stores, events, and more. With your group tag (free to join, of course) you can visit many designers to pick up special group gifts such as the ones I am sharing tonight. You can probably tell that it makes me happy to endorse the blog that helped inspire me to start Midnight Magpie, as they were the first that I read on a regular basis. Each store featured tonight has a sign that you can click and then join the group from local chat, just look for the vivid rainbow stripes :) Then when you find the sign, the gift is usually very close if not actually touching the group sign. Easy peasy, and these stores are delightful to visit.


This first outfit can be found at AsHmOoT and is called Large Sweater + Skirt Au.v. which is probably short for autumn version, guessing based on the leaves of the skirt. There is an extra layer to the sweater that is sheer, giving it a slightly fuzzy appearance, so my image may look slightly blurry because of that but it gives a cozy look in person :) The gift includes sizes for Belleza Freya, Isis, Venus, eBody, Maitreya, Hourglass, Physique, and Classic bodies. Random thought, this would look great with the gold/chocolate diamond jewelry I blogged yesterday from the marketplace.


Glitter has their lovely Claire Dress as a FabFree gift for us, in system layers as well as appliers for Maitreya, Belleza, Slink, Omega, and eBody. The skirt panels are provided in standard mesh sizes, so much better than the old prim style that couldn't move when we do. I love the hints of purple trim on the bodice, a fun contrast to the bright red.


On the left above, I am wearing our gift from Ecce Bellus which is called Meow Knit Top and comes in standard mesh sizes plus Belleza Freya, Isis, Venus, Maitreya, eBody, Slink Hourglass, and Slink Physique. I was drawn to its elegance, sometimes animal faces etched onto a shirt will look more cartoonish (which is great too!) but this one has a different feel. Another wonderful gift on the right, this time from Eclectic Stars, which is called Sweetie - I Rebel and includes standard fitmesh sizes along with Belleza Freya, Isis, Venus, eBody, Maitreya, Slink Hourglass, Slink Physique, TMP, Tonic Curvy, and Tonic Fine. The vintage look captures the nostalgia associated with the original Star Wars movies, yet is timely with the newest installment due in about 2 weeks. Go ahead and geek out, I sure did!!


I am feeling pretty in purple with our FabFree gift from Virtue, called Melody Top {Pink Dots}. This store focuses on modest styles, which can be hard to find in SL, and this high necked top comes in sizes for Freya, Isis, Venus, Maitreya, Hourglass, and Physique mesh bodies. That belt and sweet bow caught my eye, and the color looks like a rich plum to me. You can pair this with your favorite pants, skirt, or leggings, while I am wearing it here with a gift from the marketplace that I turn to quite often while blogging. They are the gift from Delizio, jeans in several colors for system, Omega, and Maitreya, and I am wearing the black color here and in the prior photo.


Are we ready for the holiday season? Hello Dave can help your nails get ready too, with their FabFree gift called Early Wrapping. They are compatible with Slink, Omega, and Maitreya hands, with 5 subtly different designs to mix and match or choose your favorite. I know that Hello Dave has exciting things planned for this upcoming month, an Advent calendar for group members and a hunt (much like the Halloween one I posted early in October) for everyone. I will have more details for everyone once they start, as well as some sneak peeks because I love sharing their nails.

I had a much needed acupuncture session earlier, and now am awaiting my houseguest to arrive any minute for a long weekend of fun and tasty food. Then Saturday morning I have an additional visitor for the day, suddenly I feel like a social butterfly :) I am still not sure what my blog schedule will be like this weekend, but I will be switching to morning blog posts for much of December to be able to show you Advent calendar items with enough time for you to go claim them. Saturdays will probably be the exception to that because of my regular RL plans. I hope you are all having a great day/evening, with many magical magpie hugs to each of you!!

Credits:

Photo 1:
Outfit: AsHmOoT_A/W CoLL_Large Sweater+Skirt/Au.v. $0L FabFree Group Gift

Photo 2:
Dress: Glitter CLAIRE Dress panel mesh skirt+Appliers $0L FabFree Group Gift

Photo 3:
Top Left: .:Ecce Bellus:.Meow Knit Top -FAB FREE $0L FabFree Group Gift
Top Right: Eclectic Stars - Sweetie - I Rebel $0L FabFree Group Gift

Photo 4:
Top: Virtue Melody Top {Pink Dots} $0L FabFree Group Gift

Photo 5:
Nails: Hello Dave - Nail Appliers - FabFree Early Wrapping $0L FabFree Group Gift

Pants Photos 3/4: Delizio - Jeans + Applier for Maitreya + Omega (shown in Black) $0L Marketplace

Head: [GA.EG] Barbara Bento Mesh Head
Hair: TRUTH HAIR Apple - Redhead
Skin: 7 Deadly s[K]ins - Birdie Cotton Candy (Omega head/body)
Eyes: * Inkheart * - Seth Eyes - Moss
Ring: (BENTO)~~Ysoral ~~ .:Luxe Ring Lyanna 4:. (Marketplace)
Body: Maitreya Mesh Body - Lara
Nails: Slink Utilities HUD
Hands: Slink AvEnhance Hands Female-Casual (UPDATED 3/8/2017 to Dynamic/Bento)
Feet: Slink AvEnhance Feet Female Deluxe Pack
All Poses: Verocity (various sets)

No comments:

Post a Comment