Monday, March 30, 2020

Shop Till You Drop

Hiya everyone! Tonight I am really excited to show you some selections from The Wash Cart Sale, whose spring round theme is simply "Shop Till You Drop!". Dozens of designers have carts loaded with selections from $10L - $50L, including an exclusive offer that you will only find during this round until the 15th of April. I have been a huge fan of this event for most of my SL experience, as it goes back way further than my blogging adventures, so it is a huge honor for me to be a small part of their team :) I also discovered a fun opportunity to claim free gifts, called the Stay At Home Club. A group of generous designers got together and decided to give out gifts to keep us all occupied and looking fashionable while we stay at home in RL. No group is needed, but you can join to be updated on when new gifts are added, and the website is very helpful with links and photos of what gifts are currently being offered. I clicked the apparel button to find all the treats this evening.


Our first stop is the Dark Water Designs cart at The Wash, where I chose two of their lovely Ruffle Dress colors to show you. Mint is on the left, with Rose on the right, and each come in standard mesh sizes plus Freya, Isis, Venus, Legacy, Maitreya, Hourglass, and Physique mesh body sizing. There is a pair of panties included in each size too, and there is also a HUD with each, 3 textures to choose from in the same pretty hue. Each dress is just $25L, and there are other colors there too so you have lots to choose from. Their cart is linked directly in my ending credits, and you can visit the Dark Water Designs mainstore by clicking here.


Another cart I always look forward to seeing is from Roped Passions, who were already on my mind lately from visiting their store during the Twisted hunt :) This look is two of their $25L cart offerings called (RP) Vintage Suspender Outfit, with Teal on the left and Red on the right. There are 4 other colors to choose from too, whatever hues tickle your fancy. The outfit is a single mesh piece and comes in 3 classic sizes (S, M, L) along with Freya, Venus, Maitreya, Hourglass, Physique, Tonic Curvy, and Tonic Fine versions. The link for the mainstore is right here, and the ending credits will whisk you directly to their cart at The Wash.


This is one of the many treats available for the Stay at Home Club, from Faida and called Amanda. It is for the Maitreya mesh body, and includes a notecard telling you how to change colors via chat command menu in local text. You will be typing /3 and one of the 6 colors on that notecard, and the trim stays that lovely gold while the bodice background changes. Just claim the free gift by visiting Faida, no group tag needed.


Normandy is offering a gift to make our time at home more enjoyable too, their Nite Jumper [Stripes]. It is provided in Freya, Hourglass, Legacy, and Maitreya sizes, with a HUD that lets you choose from 22 colors each for the jumper and the border. Mixing and matching the colors is a fun way to come up with new looks, and I am loving the flattering form-fitting design.


For my final look, I visited Paper.Sparrow and picked up their Stay at Home free gift called Moon Alex Top. It has a HUD to choose from a black or white background with all the moon phases pictured on the front, and the flirty top comes in sizes for Freya, Isis, Venus, Legacy, Legacy Perkier, Maitreya, Hourglass, Physique, Tonic Curvy, and Tonic Fine bodies. I added my favorite Delizio marketplace freebie here, their jeans in blue which is one of several colors included as system/BOM layers plus Maitreya and Omega appliers. 

How is everyone holding up? I am doing okay, still trying to shake an intense dream (nightmare?) where the quarantine became more serious and the government was using armed drones to make sure people stayed home. What I have noticed is that my daily routine usually takes place here in my home, so that hasn't changed much for me, but my worry for other people has increased considerably. I guess I'm lucky in some ways and unlucky in others, pretty average. I enjoyed reading about a friend who has a cupcake shop and did no-contact deliveries of free cupcakes and coffee to first responders :) They deserve our deepest gratitude, that's for sure, and her gesture probably brought some smiles to people who need them most. I am trying to hold onto any happy thought I can, so that is one for tonight. I hope you're all having a safe and peaceful day/evening, many magical magpie hugs to everyone!!

Credits:

Photo 1:
Dress Left: Dark Water Designs - Ruffle Dress, Mint $25L Wash Cart Sale
Dress Right: Dark Water Designs - Ruffle Dress, Rose $25L Wash Cart Sale

Photo 2:
Outfit Left: Roped Passions (RP) Vintage Suspender Outfit Teal $25L Wash Cart Sale
Outfit Right: (RP) Vintage Suspender Outfit Red $25L Wash Cart Sale

Photo 3:
Outfit: Faida - Amanda $0L Stay At Home Gift

Photo 4:
Outfit: Normandy-Nite.Jumper [Stripes] $0L Stay At Home Gift

Photo 5:
Top: Paper.Sparrow Moon Alex Top $0L Stay At Home Gift
Pants: Delizio - Jeans + Applier for Maitreya + Omega (shown in Blue) $0L Marketplace


Head: GENUS Project - Genus Head - Classic Face W001 - Mocap 
Hair: TRUTH HAIR Eternity - Redhead 
Skin: 7 Deadly s[K]ins - JULIE dew (system layer for BOM)
Ring: (BENTO)~~Ysoral ~~ .:Luxe Ring Lyanna 4:. (Marketplace)
Body: Maitreya Mesh Body - Lara
All Poses: Verocity (various sets)


No comments:

Post a Comment