Tuesday, August 18, 2020

Pocketful of Sunshine

Hiya everyone! Tonight I went for a bit of variety, starting with some Stay at Home Club gifts. These are free to everyone, no group tag needed, and are a very thoughtful way for many of the designers in SL to help lift our spirits during these trying times. I am so grateful that there are such generous and caring people in our wonderful community :) Then I stopped by the Fable 5 shopping and gacha event, Once Upon a Time is the theme so we have some creative takes on that. I am pleased to show you an exclusive sale item from there this evening, found at the [Ari-Pari] display. Lots of exciting things to see tonight! My title is a random song that popped into my head earlier, combined with imagining these looks as being ideal for a sunny summer day.


Northern Sky Creations has changed their Stay at Home Club gift to this terrific NSC Picnic Dress, a long strapless sundress with all sorts of seasonal treats on the fabric's pattern. It includes sizes for eBody, Freya, Isis, Venus, Maitreya, Hourglass, and Physique mesh bodies. All that fruit looks yummy, and now I want a smoothie ;)


The summer fun continues with this gift from Solstice, their Stay at Home Tropical Bikini. The slightly tilted top and dramatically dipped bottom each come in Freya, Isis, Venus, Legacy, Legacy Perky, Maitreya, Hourglass, Physique, Tonic Curvy, and Tonic Fine sizing. I already loved the pattern, then I saw the rear view and got a look at that toucan, wow! You can also see a toucan's head on the top towards the lower hem, but the rear one was more noticeable I suppose.


I also visited The Bold Llama T-Shirt Co., where I happily claimed their Stay at Home Club gift called California Tee. It says California Dreaming on the front, against a backdrop of palm trees in a blue heart, for an attractive effect. The gift includes standard mesh sizes as well as eBody, Freya, Isis, Venus, Maitreya, Ocacin, Hourglass, Physique, TMP, Tonic Curvy, and Tonic Fine versions. One suggestion I have is to pair it with your favorite jeans, as I have done here with the Delizio blue which is one of several colors in their marketplace fatpack freebie. All their colors come in system/BOM layers plus appliers for Maitreya and Omega.


*twirls around in a circle, giggling* I will never get tired of floral patterns, since there are just so many possibilities...color combinations, types of flowers, there seems to be a type to fit any mood. This gift from -Paradiso- called strapy mini dress Lara is delightful for my current mood :) As the name indicates, it is designed for the Maitreya Lara mesh body (their only body to date, so if you have a Maitreya body, this is the one!) with straps that connect behind the neck, leading down to the edging around the back. The style straddles the line between edgy and feminine, and I am here for it.


My final look of the evening is the exclusive from [Ari-Pari] for the Fable 5 event, their gorgeous Rosabella Dress. It is provided in Freya, Isis, Venus, Maitreya, Hourglass, and Physique sizes, with matching hair roses that have a built in resize script. Just as handy is the included HUD to choose from 5 colors for those roses, and 5 colors of the rosy pattern so you can create your perfect pairing. The color I chose for the roses on the left above would look just as pretty with the dress's texture on the right, thanks to that purple hue of the greenery. The high-low hem is a real head-turner too, giving a flash of thigh especially when walking. This fantastic look can be yours for just $175L, if you head to Fable 5 before the end of August. You can even try out a demo first to ensure it fits you just as nicely as it fits me :) I do suggest demos in general before purchases whenever possible.

I am headed to an early appointment tomorrow, so I will not be able to blog tomorrow evening. I will take the day (night) off and return on Wednesday evening with more free and affordable treats for you to enhance your wardrobe with, as we all deserve to do from time to time. I have even been sifting through some older inventory to see what I can live without, and I have been amazed to find things from 2012 or even older still hanging around unused. I kept a few things for sentimental reasons,especially if a creator is no longer active in SL, and have been amazed at how many memories these outfits brought back. The next folder I attack will either be shoes or hair, both pretty hefty segments of my inventory. I found shoes from before mesh feet existed, and even if I loved them I don't think I can find a way to wear them anymore. Oh well, I hope that you are all enjoying your day/evening, many magical magpie hugs to everyone and I will be back soon!!

Credits:

Photo 1:
Dress: Northern Sky Creations NSC Picnic Dress SAH $0L Stay at Home Club Gift

Photo 2:
Bikini: Solstice - Stay At Home - Tropical Bikini $0L Stay at Home Club Gift

Photo 3:
Top: The Bold Llama T-Shirt Co. STAY AT HOME California Tee $0L Stay at Home Club Gift
Pants: Delizio - Jeans + Applier for Maitreya + Omega (shown in Blue) $0L Marketplace

Photo 4:
Dress: -Paradiso- strapy mini dress Lara $0L Stay at Home Club Gift

Photo 5:
Dress: [Ari-Pari] Rosabella Dress $175L Fable 5 Event Exclusive

Head: GENUS Project - Genus Head - Classic Face W001 - Mocap 
Eyeshadow: alaskametro<3 "Fierce" - eyeshadow 02 FIT B $0L Wearable Demo
Hair: TRUTH HAIR Kitten - Blonde
Skin: 7 Deadly s[K]ins - BILLY marshmellow (system layer for BOM)
Ring: (BENTO)~~Ysoral~~ .:Luxe Ring Lyanna 4:. (Marketplace)
Body/Hands/Feet: Maitreya Mesh Body - Lara
All Poses: Verocity (Various Sets)

No comments:

Post a Comment