Wednesday, August 4, 2021

Exploring More Around The Grid

 Hiya everyone! Tonight I am back with some more Around The Grid in 80 Days Hunt 9 prizes, all of which are either $1L if you find the hidden one or $25L if you prefer to purchase it from near the hunt sign in each store. We are looking for orange starfish as the hunt object, which can be disguised in some very clever ways :) I am always impressed by the quality of hunt prizes that would normally cost much more than what we are paying for them, and relish the opportunity to look around both familiar stores and ones that are new to me while I'm on the hunt path. This path lasts until the end of September, so you have plenty of time to enjoy!


My first look this evening is the .:S&B:. Salsa Micro Mini Dress Risk, which has a flirtatious secret. It comes in standard sizes along with Freya, Isis, Venus, Kupra, Legacy, Maitreya, Hourglass, Physique, and TMP mesh body versions. The risky secret is that the zipper in the front is mirrored by the one in the rear, which reveals a brief wedge of bum cheek. The dress has sheer lace accents with hearts embroidered on it, which is an extra detail I can definitely get behind ;)


Many of us include beach scenery or somewhere with a pool in our travel itinerary, so it is very handy to have a sweet swimsuit prize like the one from Starlight Apparel. This is their .{SA}. Marva Queen Bikini, a two piece whose top and thong bottom are each included in sizes for eBody Classic, eBody Curvy, Freya, Isis, Venus, Maitreya, Hourglass, Physique, Tonic Curvy, and Tonic Fine mesh bodies. The fabric has a few different colors and styles of crowns on a soft pink background, just right for any queen.


Another great warm weather option is the Read Me Swim W prize from ::REA:: which is one of two prizes hiding there. The other is a pair of coordinated male swim trunks, so be sure to follow the correct hint to find the one that matches your avatar :) This one piece swimsuit has playful straps that would leave some interesting tan lines in RL, LOL, and is provided in two standard sizes (S, L) for classic avatars plus eBody, Maitreya, Hourglass, and Physique mesh body versions. There is also a HUD with 6 fun textures that match the "read me" concept quite well.


Boho Soul is a relatively new store in SL, and I am very excited to meet them with this (BSB) Leafy - All Colors prize. There is a men's gift inside the same starfish, so be sure to help your male friends find this one as well :) The dress has a flirty opening at the waist in the front, and a tulip style skirt that I adore. It comes in Freya, Isis, Venus, Maitreya, Hourglass, Physique, Tonic Curvy, and Tonic Fine sizing, with a 6 color HUD so you can change the look if you wish. They are all soft pastel shades, so I found it tricky to choose a favorite!


For my final look this evening, I found the starfish at Park Place Casuals and claimed their Jody Travel Outfit. This charming set includes the tank top and leggings/shirt each sized for eBody, Freya, Isis, Venus, Maitreya, Ocacin, Hourglass, Physique, TMP, Tonic Curvy, and Tonic Fine mesh bodies. The keds (sneakers) fit Belleza, Legacy, Maitreya, Ocacin, Slink, and Tonic flat feet. There is also a set of standard sizes packed separately inside, so be sure to unpack that to wear with classic avatars. 

Hair note of the night: I am wearing the newest release from Truth Hair, called Trinket, which I picked up in the Essentials pack for a wide range of colors. Its bangs (fringe) are a separate piece so you can leave them off if you wish, and the stylist tab on any color HUD offers the ability to wear each side behind or in front of your shoulder. As much as I love curls and waves, this sleek style really caught my attention! Also noteworthy is that there is a brief sale going on at the Truth mainstore, so you can save 50% on everything except giftcards if you visit before the 7th. 

It is such a weirdly busy week for me, and now I have an appointment tomorrow to have blood drawn so I will be fasting for 12 hours starting pretty soon. Always fun, LOL, isn't it? I am morbidly curious to see how many tubes of blood it will take to do 3 pages worth of tests. In SL news, I am curious to see how the announcement about Linden Labs doing away with gachas will be affecting things since I do regularly visit events that are based solely on gachas. Most stores I visit have at least a few it seems, but if they are not legal in many countries then unfortunately I can see the need to eliminate them. We have until the end of the month to take advantage of the ones that currently exist, but reselling the prizes will still be allowed after that. I am trying to look at it as part of life (second or first) that things change and evolve over time, and I've dealt with stores and events (like my beloved Wash Cart Sale) closing, so I will adjust to this too. There is bound to be something new on the horizon that will be enjoyable too :) I hope you're all having a pleasant day/evening, many magical magpie hugs to everyone!!

Credits:
All Hunt Prizes from Around The Grid 9:

Photo 1:
Dress: .:S&B:. Salsa Micro Mini Dress Risk $1L Hunt Prize

Photo 2:
Bikini: Starlight Apparel .{SA}. Marva Queen Bikini $1L Hunt Prize

Photo 3:
Swimsuit: ::REA:: Read Me Swim W $1L Hunt Prize

Photo 4:
Dress: Boho Soul (BSB) Leafy - All Colors $1L Hunt Prize

Photo 5:
Outfit: [Park Place Casuals] Jody Travel Outfit $1L Hunt Prize

Head: GENUS Project - Genus Head - Classic Face W001 - Mocap 
Hair: TRUTH Trinket - Essential
Skin: 7 Deadly s[K]ins - DELIAH apricot (BOM)
Ring: (BENTO)~~Ysoral~~ .:Luxe Ring Lyanna 4:. (Marketplace)
Body/Hands/Feet: Maitreya Mesh Body - Lara
All Poses: Verocity  (Various Sets)

No comments:

Post a Comment