Friday, October 7, 2022

Through The Glass Darkly Hunt

 Hiya everyone! Tonight we are exploring the Through The Glass Darkly Hunt, a gridwide $1L hunt with the prizes also being offered for sale for $25L at each store's sign if you prefer not to hunt for the $1L hidden one. The hunt object is an oval mirror with intricate carved wooden frame, and purple glass or at least it looks to be reflecting something dark purple. There are hints and preview images on the website for the hunt, as well as all of our landmarks so it is very helpful to have open and available while you look for your prizes. I was curious about the name so I googled it, turns out there was a movie two years ago by that name which I did not see but sounds intriguing.


ZFG started my evening with a chuckle, thanks to their SEE cropped sweatshirt. It says "I see dead people" in red, then an explanation beneath "OK, they are technically stupid people but give me a minute" LOL! *Disclaimer: I am not promoting violence, just amused by the snark as people acting stupid can bring out the sarcasm in the best of us.* The hoodie has pale gray sleeve cuffs to match the drawstring, and is provided in Kupra, Kups, Legacy, Perky, Maitreya, and Petite mesh body sizes. If you've been here to my blog before, you may recognize the jeans I am wearing as a frequently appearing favorite of mine, the blue pair from the Delizio fatpack of jeans that are free on the marketplace. There are several colors in system/BOM layers and appliers for Maitreya and Omega.


Next I visited AdelleArts Manor Fashions, where I was happy to find their TTGD Hunt Prize outfit. The wrapped dress with built in tied belt comes in sizes for Belleza Isis, Maitreya, Slink Physique, and Tonic Curvy bodies. The matching shoes fit Belleza, Maitreya, Slink, and Tonic feet, and there is also a pair of tights as an Omega applier included but not shown because for some reason it just wouldn't cooperate for me. We even receive a hairstyle that I'm not wearing in this photo, but is a dark ebony shade to match the outfit.


Georg Bellic Design brings us into the spooky season with their hunt prize, ~GBD~ Orla Dress Halloween. It includes Freya, Isis, Legacy, Maitreya, Hourglass, Physique, and Reborn mesh body sizes, with a HUD that offers 3 colors each for the dress, corset, and lacing. This means we can change the look on a whim :) I am enjoying the batty friends on the corset, and the shiny texture that looks like it would squeak (like a bat?) if touched. 


I also visited The Sissy Bar at their new location, where I found the mirror containing the (TSB) Through A Glass, Darkly Hunt outfit seen above. The cropped jumper comes in standard mesh sizes along with Freya, Isis, Venus, Maitreya, Hourglass, and Physique sizing, while the leather pants are in Freya, Isis, Venus, Maitreya, Hourglass, and Physique sizes. The top has such a fun pattern for this time of year, an orange moon behind a haunted looking house with a witch alight on her broom, soaring through the air. 


My final look this evening is the delightful Hallow's Eve Sateen Minidress prize from {Poeme}. I do love a good strapless dress like this, and it looks great in black with occult symbols such as skulls, ouija planchettes, and pentagrams adorning it. The prize includes sizing for Altamura, eBody Classic, eBody Curvy, Freya, Isis, Hourglass, Maitreya, Petite, Signature, Star, Tonic Curvy, Tonic Fine, and Tonic Minim bodies. I feel mystical yet flirty in it :)

Whew, what an evening...I was just about to try to nap when the housemate summoned me to the kitchen, to inform me that the 20+ year old fridge/freezer apparently died, freezer first which is why we didn't notice sooner. Everything in it, including drippy ice cream, was completely melted and nearly room temperature (eww) so we had to throw it all away. That was a messy production and used lots of trash bags and paper towels, so not a very environmentally friendly experience either. The items in the fridge were cold but not cold enough, so unopened beverages are probably fine but nothing else can be guaranteed safe. I politely refrained from pointing out that I've been advocating for a new fridge/freezer for several years because of the dangerous broken drawer and the ice maker that stopped working over a decade ago. I have a mini fridge up here in my office that is now full, and we are borrowing another mini fridge from my parents tomorrow. The new full sized unit will be ordered tomorrow, and I will be glad to have a new one even if it was bad timing and irritating circumstances. Speaking of irritating, lol, he is having his annoying friend as a houseguest this coming weekend and none of what happened today will be changing that. I just tend to hide up here when this happens, so nothing too unusual. I hope you're all having a decent day/evening, many magical magpie hugs to everyone!!

Credits:
All Hunt Prizes from Through The Glass Darkly:

Photo 1:
Top: ZFG SEE $1L Hunt Prize
Pants: Delizio - Jeans + Applier for Maitreya + Omega (shown in Blue) $0L Marketplace

Photo 2:
Outfit: AdelleArts TTGD Hunt Prize $1L Hunt Prize

Photo 3:
Dress: Georg Bellic Design ~GBD~ Orla Dress Halloween $1L Hunt Prize

Photo 4:
Outfit: The Sissy Bar (TSB) Through A Glass, Darkly Hunt $1L Hunt Prize

Photo 5:
Dress: {Poeme} Hallow's Eve Sateen Minidress $1L Hunt Prize

Head: LeLUTKA Fleur Head 3.1
Hair: TRUTH Labyrinth - Blonde
Skin: 7 Deadly s[K]ins - TEUNTJE cotton candy (BOM)
Ring: (BENTO)~~Ysoral~~ .:Luxe Ring Lyanna 4:. (Marketplace)
Body/Hands/Feet: Maitreya Mesh Body - Lara
All Poses: Verocity  (Various Sets)

No comments:

Post a Comment