Sunday, February 8, 2015

Introducing Myself and My Blog

Hiya everyone, I am really excited to do something I've been thinking about for a very long time, which as you can guess is creating this blog. In Second Life I'm Dawn Tokyoska, and I've been a part of this fascinating world since September 2007. During this time, I've been overwhelmed by the generosity of designers who share freebies, group gifts, hunt prizes and the like with the rest of us, and I am eager to showcase some of those here. I just hope I can do them justice. I am an avid hunter, aided by my wonderful partner Xan, and between hunts we tend to spend our time in SL just fishing or exploring a random fun place.

Why "Midnight Magpie",  you may wonder? It was something I'd been bouncing around in my head for a while, I wanted something that reflected a glimpse of first life me, and I am a true night owl who loves all types of birds. I also couldn't resist the allusion to Midnight Manias, which I definitely enjoy slapping. Magpies like finding treasure, and I like finding bargains in SL so that is treasure to me. If I can help you add beauty to your second life, I treasure that opportunity as well!

Basic avatar information...I don't currently use any of the mesh bodies that are gaining in popularity, but will always note if something I post has appliers available for those of you who do enjoy them. I use SLink feet in all 3 styles (flat, mid, and high), and would be lost without skin HUDs to automatically match them. My hands, well when I started noticing the popularity of SLink manicures and received several as group gifts etc., I decided that I wasn't ready for the investment of the hands so I bought the nails when they became available. So what you see on me is the SLink Enhancement Fingernails for default hands. They were only $150L but do float off my fingertips when a pose or gesture involves moving my fingers. Maybe someday, but for now I'm pleased with these as an affordable way to wear all those gorgeous manicures to be found all over the grid! My avatar's general body type is petite, no mesh breasts or butt here, again I will tell you if there is an applier available with anything I post though. I wear a modifiable shape that I have altered so much over the past several years that it bares no resemblance at all to the original. She's fitted for a standard mesh size small in all the sliders that they mention in those notecards, but occasionally that varies.

I think that's enough about me for now, I will sum up by thanking you for reading this post and sharing a picture of my look of the day. I'm sure my photoshop skills will improve.




Dress: Soul Designs Valerie Dress - Red  $0L (Add Some Red Hunt 2 Prize)
Shoes: Baby Monkey Olwen for Slink high feet (NOT free)
Earrings/Necklace: Redrose Jewelry $0L (Add Some Red Hunt 2 Prize)
Hair: TRUTH Hair Feronia - Gingers (NOT free)
Nails: La Boheme LoveActuallyColor $0L (Prizes for Stupid Cupid 3 Hunt)
Skin: .::WoW Skins::. Allegra Group Gift Sept (Group has $350L fee to join)

Closer view of the jewelry/manicure, wedding ring is from Virtual Impressions and not included...

No comments:

Post a Comment