Monday, February 27, 2023

The Fifty Anniversary

 Hiya everyone! Tonight we are celebrating the 1st anniversary of The Fifty, an event brought to us by the same folks as Fifty Linden Fridays. If you join the Fifty Linden Fridays (FLF) group for free, you can claim dozens of generous gifts by clicking the purple envelope in front of each display. There is a very nice variety, and unpacking them all when I got home felt like revisiting Christmas :) This round just opened and will last until the 20th of March, so we can grab demos and come back whenever we wish for some retail therapy. I enjoy supporting the designers who work so hard and offer us these terrific gifts, and let's not forget top quality items for just 50L each week!


My first look of the evening is the Safira. Rylie Bodysuit Mint gift, a flirty little number with crossed halter straps and ruffles at the high cut hips. There are sizes for Legacy, Perky, Maitreya, Petite, and Reborn mesh bodies included, as well as a HUD with both textures seen above (floral and solid). The fabric is on the sheer side, and that loose bow in the back is such a pretty detail. 


For my next look, I slipped into the -Pixicat- gift which is their Misha Top (Royal). The sleeves are gently slid off the shoulders, and the fleur de lis print is a golden delight :) We receive Freya, Legacy, Perky, Maitreya, Petite, and Reborn mesh body sizes. I paired it with the Delizio jeans in blue, one of several colors they offer for free on the marketplace in system/BOM layers and appliers for Maitreya and Omega.


The Delizio jeans were also a cute choice to wear with the (NO) Skull Reveal - Crop Top which is our gift from Nylon Outfitters. It includes sizing for eBody Classic, eBody Curvy, Freya, Isis, Venus, Legacy, Perky, Maitreya, Hourglass, and Physique bodies. The image on the front is a wonderfully drawn sketch of a girl's face divided in the middle to open up and show off the skull inside.


I love having items I can hold or hug in SL, so I'm having lots of fun showing off two huggable gifts here :) On the left I'm snuggling with the Fake Society x Plush Buddy Boba / Cream, which has furniture and hold versions so you can decorate your home and carry this one around with you. The sweetie on the right is our [Cosmic Dust] - Mint Bear gift, which has male and female hold versions along with a decor one to rez out in your home. The animation for the left hand melted my heart, as it made me tickle and scritch the bear's head ♥. 


For my final look of the night, I chose the lovely Apple Blossom Asheleey - The Fifty Gift. This mini dress has a t-shirt style top decorated with a striped band across the chest, and the hemline is slightly raised on the sides thanks to the gathering that is tied with pale pink strings that hang down each thigh. Claim this gift and you'll get Legacy, Perky, Maitreya, and Petite sizes to choose from. It is such a cozy style, and the colors have me ready for spring.

I'm afraid I may be the bearer of bad news if you haven't heard yet, but Ivey Deschanel has sadly passed away. She was the owner/designer of Sn@tch, whose work appeared here quite often as I was very much a fan of her style, and those fishing sets we could get for free were always just amaaazing. She had lost her partner in December, and had her own health battles over the past few years, so a small part of me wonders if she simply felt she was ready to join her partner in whatever the afterlife holds. This is the second painful loss this year of SL women I greatly admired, so my already bruised heart is hurting for sure. I send my love and sympathy to all of her friends for such an immense loss.

My weekend was otherwise fine, just a touch of windburn from my farmers market outing since I had to wait in line for a while for the special lunch offering. I picked up some new products from two of the chefs there, all of which are frozen and a couple are thawing in my fridge for the next few meals :) I hope you're all having a pleasant day/evening, many magical magpie hugs to everyone!!

Credits:
All Group Gifts from The Fifty:

Photo 1:
Bodysuit: Safira. Rylie Bodysuit Mint $0L FLF Group Gift

Photo 2:
Top: -Pixicat- Misha Top (Royal) $0L FLF Group Gift

Photo 3:
Top: Nylon Outfitters (NO) Skull Reveal - Crop Top $0L FLF Group Gift

Photo 4:
Plushie Left: Fake Society x Plush Buddy Boba / Cream $0L FLF Group Gift
Plushie Right: [Cosmic Dust] - Mint Bear $0L FLF Group Gift

Photo 5:
Dress: Apple Blossom Asheleey - The Fifty Gift $0L FLF Group Gift

Pants Photos 2-4: Delizio - Jeans + Applier for Maitreya + Omega (shown in Blue) $0L Marketplace

Mesh Nails: N.Kolour+KOSMETIK: Omega Coffin Nails - Medium // Maitreya
Head: LeLUTKA Fleur Head 3.1
Hair: TRUTH Eternity - Redhead
Skin: 7 Deadly s[K]ins - REFLECTION cotton candy (BOM)
Ring: (BENTO)~~Ysoral~~ .:Luxe Ring Lyanna 4:. (Marketplace)
Body/Hands/Feet: Maitreya Mesh Body - Lara
All Poses: Verocity  (Various Sets)

No comments:

Post a Comment