Saturday, June 24, 2023

SL20B Shop and Hop

 Hiya everyone! Tonight it's time to head to the SL20B Shop & Hop, which is the shopping portion of Second Life's 20th birthday extravaganza. There are a whopping 24 regions filled with hundreds of designers' displays, 4 adult regions and 20 moderate. I'm sharing gifts found at Hollyhock this post, which is one of the moderate ones, randomly chosen as well I had to start somewhere ;) I keep the gifts organized by region so it makes it a little easier for you to locate, but there is also a listing on the SL blog of all the participants and direct landmarks. The theme is Our Fantastic Future, so the build has a new look and some of the offerings are themed but not all. I so look forward to these events, and am tickled pink to be a part of such a wonderful community as we have in Second Life. There is a little something for everyone, and this is a very impressive landmark that Linden Lab is proudly celebrating so come join in the fun!


KaiDesign has a generous set of 4 gifts at their display, so I am starting this evening with two of them here :) The *KD* Yaba top and *KD* Yaba skirt have the same dark denim fabric with delicate pattern, each with clever styles. The top is a cropped halter in sizes for Kupra, Legacy, Perky, Maitreya, Petite, and Reborn bodies, while the skirt is asymmetrical with daring side slit in Kupra, Legacy, Maitreya, and Reborn versions. We can wear them together or separately, just depending on our mood really. The other gifts are different pairs of lighter denim sandals, which you will have to claim to see ;)


I've been a fan of Sway's for a very long time, especially their annual Advent calendar/hunt, so it was no surprise to see two terrific gifts from them among their many summery offers. Their Swim Ring [Quack] rainbow includes wearable and rez versions, so yes this is the wearable ;) The holding pose is built in so my hands naturally rested on either side of the duck's head, and the rainbow gradient makes it so colorful and cheery. The other gift is a tent, so maybe you feel the urge to go camping in your back yard? I used to do that in RL, so it will be fun to do the same virtually.


Next I changed into the *CK* Deep night dress free gift from Candy Kitten. This beauty will fit eBody, Legacy, Maitreya, and Petite mesh bodies, and is a flirty combo of deep plunging back and strapless top. The bra cups and hip slits are each trimmed in black lace which is a dramatic contrast to the pale blue fabric with lovely pink roses, and for some reason I am thinking this could double as lingerie with that sexy lace. 


All this walking around and exploring could make any avatar hungry, right? So be sure to stop at the MIDNA display to claim their free and adorable Cat Drink. This tasty dessert beverage has a built in holding pose, and looks like a rich berry milkshake topped with chocolate and a scoop of ice cream decorated like a cat head. This is not the only edible treat you'll see at SL20B, so your avi will be well nourished and treated to visual feasts at the same time.


For my final look of the evening, I had to slip into a marketplace freebie bikini to show off as much skin as possible since the skin is decorated with a terrific tattoo gift! The bikini is from LOVELACE, their Basic Bikini - BLACK (Classic Avatar), and comes in system/BOM layers. Back at SL20B we have the charming Juna. Uccy Tattoo which is also system/BOM layers so I hope you have a compatible mesh body by now :) There are ultra light, light, medium, and dark versions provided, so I am sharing the dark on the left above and the ultra light to the right. This way you get the general idea of its range from darkest to lightest, and can join me in admiring the beautiful floral branch that a sweet bird is perched on. The artwork is stunning, and the coloring of the bird made me think robin initially but the body (head, beak, tail) doesn't seem to match up. I'm also not certain what tree branch is being depicted, none of which detracts from how much I love this tattoo. 

It was a dull and rainy day, and I wound up not going to my parents' for dinner as I usually would on a Friday so that is a bit of a bummer. As long as my anxiety doesn't get the best of me, I will be going to the farmers market in the morning though :) Missing it last week was frustrating, so I am eager to visit again. Otherwise I am still exploring SL20B and picking up gifts from a few more Shop & hop regions this weekend, which may mean dealing with crowds and lag but I expect it to be well worth the effort as always. I hope you all have an amazing weekend ahead, many magical magpie hugs to everyone!!

Credits:
All Gifts from Shop & Hop - Hollyhock Region:

Photo 1:
Top: KaiDesign *KD* Yaba top (sl20b gift) $0L SL20B Gift
Skirt: *KD* Yaba skirt $0L SL20B Gift

Photo 2:
Floatie: Sway's Swim Ring [Quack] rainbow $0L SL20B Gift

Photo 3:
Dress: Candy Kitten *CK* Deep night dress free $0L SL20B Gift

Photo 4:
Drink: MIDNA - Cat Drink $0L SL20B Gift

Photo 5:
Tattoo: Juna. Uccy Tattoo $0L SL20B Gift
Bikini: LOVELACE Basic Bikini - BLACK (Classic Avatar) $0L Marketplace

Mesh Nails: N.Kolour+KOSMETIK: Omega Coffin Nails - Medium // Maitreya
Head: LeLUTKA Fleur Head 3.1
Hair: TRUTH Valiant - Essential
Skin: 7 Deadly s[K]ins - REFLECTION cotton candy (BOM)
Ring: (BENTO)~~Ysoral~~ .:Luxe Ring Lyanna 4:. (Marketplace)
Body/Hands/Feet: Maitreya Mesh Body - Lara
All Poses: Verocity  (Various Sets)

No comments:

Post a Comment