Friday, September 15, 2023

Palomma Plaza Presents

 Hiya everyone! Tonight's post features several gifts found at Palomma Plaza, which you may know is a tribute to Palomma Casanova of The Free Dove. It was such a meaningful part of SL for all those years, and it is touching to see her tradition of gathering generous designers together, providing free gifts, continued in her memory. The group is free to join, and I love the "Doves Angel" tag :) I spent years directing people to The Free Dove, and I continue to do so (same sim/region Gallii so old landmarks do work) with Palomma Plaza. This evening we're taking a look at some Le'La gifts and one from Enchantress, so two neighboring displays that my landmark should direct you with a red arrow directly between. This post almost didn't happen at all, thanks to a weird SL glitch, which I'll explain at the end.


My first look is the charming {Le'La} Marina Dress gift, a lacy wrap dress with slender spaghetti straps and built in belt. There are 5 standard mesh sizes as well as Freya, Isis, Venus, Maitreya, Hourglass, Physique, and TMP mesh body versions. We also receive a HUD with 5 colors to choose from, so changing up the look is simple and fun :) Lace is such a versatile aspect to add to any outfit, as it can be elegant or girlie or even a bit Goth with some dramatic black lace overlaying a dark fabric. 


Another gift that has lace overlay (this one being a bit edgy and playful) is the {Le'La} Elisse Outfit V2. The corset top and low waisted mini skirt are each provided in standard mesh sizes as well as for Freya, Isis, Venus, Maitreya, Hourglass, Physique, Tonic Curvy, and Tonic Fine bodies, and the included HUD has 5 choices for the top and 4 for our skirt. The zippers on the skirt are so fun, aren't they? This outfit shows off our shoulders, midriff, and legs to their best advantage.


Next I slipped into the {Le'La} Raisa Romper gift, which has great dropped sleeves that mimic the ruffle on the bodice, and is divided into bold contrasting color segments. There are 5 standard sizes along with Freya, Isis, Venus, Maitreya, Hourglass, Physique, and TMP body sizing. The HUD offers 10 color combinations, mostly black and another hue but two are white with a different color like I picked for the right side above. The left was just me looking forward to Halloween fashions ;) I had a black and white blouse (RL) with sheer sleeves that was very similar to this with the contrast thing, back in the early 90s I think, so it is fun to see aspects of fashion reemerging from time to time.


Our cleverly designed {Le'La} Dioniss Dress V2 is another gift with lace and lacing, both the sheer fabric type of lace and the tied corset style of lacing :) The neckline is great too, with a strap acting as a choker necklace connected to the back, so it still looks like a strapless front with no need to add a necklace. There are standard mesh sizes included, plus Freya, Isis, Venus, Maitreya, Hourglass, Physique, and TMP mesh body versions. You can also guess that there is a HUD, with 7 colors for our slightly sheer lace fabric. That rear view is giving us peek-a-booty, LOL, so you might want to add some panties if you're headed somewhere modesty is essential.


My final look is from Enchantress, whose display is next to the Le'La one which is convenient since I associate the two stores with each other, as their main locations are on the same region. This is the [Enchantress] Addie Dress Gift, whose lovely beige color made me think of champagne. The bold ruffle (flounce?) on the bodice shows off its strapless style very nicely, and the lace overlay on the rest of the bodycon dress is of course a great touch. This gift includes sizing for Freya, Isis, Venus, Maitreya, Hourglass, and Physique mesh bodies.

Whew, okay so this morning I had been in SL for a few hours and was ready to take my blog photos/notes, so I picked up these treats from Palomma Plaza and tried to teleport home. Crashed instead, which occasionally happens and I didn't think it would be a big deal. Spoiler alert LOL, it was :P  When I logged back in, I started getting errors in my upper right screen and local chat saying "Your inventory is experiencing issues. Please contact support of your grid." I'll be honest, I didn't understand and still don't (my grid? like not just Linden Lab, but something more specific?) but I got the fun blue swirl of death and had to force close the program. Logged back in, same error 20x or so, same freezing. Eventually I managed to get to my settings before it froze and clicked to clear inventory cache, but as soon as I logged back in and it all repopulated the error came roaring back. By then it was 2AM SL time (5AM mine), and I took a screenshot to send a support ticket to SL then just gave up for a while. I had my therapy session at 4 this afternoon, and after it was over (5ish) I had a little time before dinner so I decided to give it one more go, and by some miracle I got logged in successfully with no errors. Yay! 
TL;DR - Inventory problem errors several times with frozen viewer, 12 hours later logged back in and they resolved themselves.
So I still don't understand what happened, and I have no earthly idea what to do if it happens again, which means I am relying heavily on luck 🍀 I guess. If it happens again, my alt doesn't even have a bloggable body or skin because I have given her absolutely no $ but I might have to just in case. What I mean there is that her TMP body isn't consistently represented in what I find to blog, and her free Lucybody fits Maitreya but I don't have the BOM HUD for skin ($250L) for it so she would have a mismatched face/body. She has a Genus free head that I have some old group gift skins for, no longer available so I'd hesitate to blog with them. Poor Magpie, she was an experiment gone weird I guess. Her name is MidnightMagpie Resident so I just think of her as Magpie or even Maggie, because I like to nickname things :) Next time I get lindens, I'm paying her enough for the Lucybody HUD so she can be my pinch hitter if my main account gets funky again. It was a rough but effective therapy session, and I am looking forward to dinner at my parents' tomorrow evening. I hope you're all having a nice day/evening, many magical magpie hugs to everyone!!

Credits:
All Group Gifts from Palomma Plaza:

Photo 1:
Dress: {Le'La} Marina Dress $0L Palomma Plaza Gift

Photo 2:
Outfit: {Le'La} Elisse Outfit V2 $0L Palomma Plaza Gift

Photo 3:
Outfit: {Le'La} Raisa Romper $0L Palomma Plaza Gift

Photo 4:
Dress: {Le'La} Dioniss Dress V2 $0L Palomma Plaza Gift

Photo 5:
Dress: [Enchantress] Addie Dress Gift $0L Palomma Plaza Gift

Head: LeLUTKA Fleur Head 3.1
Hair: TRUTH Blush - Blonde
Skin: 7 Deadly s[K]ins - ELITE cotton candy (BOM)
Ring: {Carter} Wedding Zoe (Marketplace)
Body/Hands/Feet: Maitreya Mesh Body - Lara
All Poses: Verocity  (Various Sets)

No comments:

Post a Comment