Tuesday, January 5, 2021

Cosmopolitan Gifts

 Hiya everyone! Tonight I was pleasantly surprised to find out that the Cosmopolitan event still has their Advent tree available for all group members to claim dozens of gifts from. The group is free to join, and the tree is near the front entrance, so all you need to do is activate the group tag and click each stocking on the tree. I saw it mentioned in a different group, with a helpful tip that you can find the stockings better if you derender the tree (right click, derender, temporary) then because there are so many I derendered each stocking after I'd clicked it. Now I did notice that some of the stockings distributed their gift twice when I know I only clicked once, so I just had to delete some duplicates. I recall that happening last year too, so I am wondering if the scripts go funny when there are a lot of avatars in the area. I would much rather receive multiple copies than none ;) This round of Cosmopolitan is open until the 9th of January, so I believe you have a few days left to be able to pick up these wonderful treats.


First I slipped into the Apl.Blossom Aurora dress, a thoughtful gift in vivid red with intricate snowflakes on the top. It comes in sizes for Legacy, Legacy Perky, Maitreya, and Maitreya Petite bodies, and has a body skimming style with unique single sleeve. I am liking this look for more than just Christmas, even if the snowflakes are a wintry touch. 


My next look is the gift from MeHoney, called Nina Dress - Red. It has several components, each in sizes for Freya and Maitreya bodies: the dress itself, a sparkles layer, and the belt which is an intricate harness style. There is also a HUD with 2 metal choices for the belt, for added versatility. I am wearing the sparkles layer on the right, but they are so tiny and they do flicker on and off, so they are hard to capture in a still image. 


This pretty top is the gift from Savin, their Mila x Top - Red which goes to show what a popular color red is at this event :) The flattering style is made even more flirty by the soft ruffle, and it is provided in Legacy, Legacy Perky, Maitreya, and Maitreya Petite sizing. I paired it with the versatile CLOCKHAUS gift called LaLa Joggers // WHITE CHRISTMAS, which are trimmed in gold and silver snowflakes on the bottom half of the legs. These playful pants come in Freya, Legacy, and Maitreya sizes. 


Those leggings came in handy for this photo too (and the next one) since I was able to change into the MASOOM Enara Top Gift which looks cute with the pants too :) This gift includes Freya, Legacy, Legacy Perky, and Maitreya sizing, with a HUD that offers 2 colors for the straps and 5 transparency settings for the diamond shaped section on the front. On the left I have it set to 70% transparency so you can see the difference between the slightly sheer area and the bra cups that do not change, and your other choices are 0, 20, 50, and 100%. 


My final look of the evening also features the CLOCKHAUS joggers pants, but I have changed into a lovely set from mellowcute called Devika Christmas gift. The top and pullover are both included in Legacy, Legacy Perky, and Maitreya sizing, and you can wear them together or separately if you prefer. On the right I am wearing just the sheer top without the pink knit pullover. Think of all the possibilities...you could pair this with jeans or a skirt, or wear either piece with a different top too. 

I hope you're all having a wonderful day/evening, many magical magpie hugs to everyone!!

Credits:
All Gifts from Cosmopolitan:

Photo 1:
Dress: Apl.Blossom Aurora $0L Cosmo Group Gift

Photo 2:
Dress: MeHoney - Nina Dress - Red $0L Cosmo Group Gift

Photo 3:
Top: Savin. Mila x Top - Red $0L Cosmo Group Gift
Pants: CLOCKHAUS - LaLa Joggers // WHITE CHRISTMAS $0L Cosmo Group Gift

Photo 4:
Top: MASOOM Enara Top Gift $0L Cosmo Group Gift

Photo 5:
Top: mellowcute-devika-Christmas gift $0L Cosmo Group Gift

Head: GENUS Project - Genus Head - Classic Face W001 - Mocap 
Hair: TRUTH Kaijah - Blonde
Skin: 7 Deadly s[K]ins - ELINE cotton candy (BOM)
Ring: (BENTO)~~Ysoral~~ .:Luxe Ring Lyanna 4:. (Marketplace)
Body/Hands/Feet: Maitreya Mesh Body - Lara
All Poses: Verocity  (Various Sets)

No comments:

Post a Comment