Wednesday, November 29, 2023

Gifts from V8 Underground

 Hiya everyone! Tonight we're heading to V8 Underground, formerly known as Brii Underground, which is why their store's group is called Brii Maniacs. That group is currently free to join, and there are 15 fantastic gifts available on the wall where my link should bring you directly. The gifts are typical of their wonderful merchandise, with multiple sizes and including footwear so we can be dressed in a cinch :) I for one sometimes struggle with finding just the right shoes to go with my look, so having matching heels or such included is a big bonus in my mind. The V8 outfits are categorized by general style like urban, casual, rock, boho, costume, etc. etc. etc. so you can narrow down your choices by your mood too. Handy tip - you might want to stay in the group since Advent will be here shortly and last year they had a very generous Advent calendar for members of this very group. Ready to take a peek at a handful of currently offered group gifts?


My first look of the evening is the **JULIETTE GOGLIA CASUAL STYLE COMPLETE OUTFIT** group gift. It consists of corset, skirt, and heels that will each fit Legacy, Maitreya, and Reborn mesh bodies, all in dusky black with soft pinstripes on the clothing. The corset top has pocket flaps on the front beneath the sweetheart neckline, and the back is laced up just as the name would suggest. Mini skirts are hard to resist, especially if paired so well :)


The **ELISABETH HARNOIS URBAN STYLE COMPLETE OUTFIT** gift is another terrific choice, sexy yet suitable for exploring many places in SL. The short sleeve cropped top is loosely tied in the front, and the denim mini skirt has a built in belt with bold buckle. These and the strappy heels are all provided in sizes for Legacy, Maitreya, and Reborn mesh bodies, which seems to be the size set of the night ;) A lot of the gifts are named for actors I've noticed, and I remember this name as the star of an ill-fated series that I really liked though, Point Pleasant. I'm quite familiar with the town of the same name where it was set, so that was a fun bonus to the intriguing supernatural mystery aura of the show. Alas, the show was canned with many questions unanswered as often happens when I like a new series. 


I took a sharp, stunning turn when trying on our **MARLY GOTHIC STYLE COMPLETE OUTFIT** gift! The veiled hat really does top things off beautifully, and I usually struggle with hats (large head size, big hairstyles) but I didn't even need to adjust this one despite its being easy to do. The coat-dress is a single piece with the layered appearance of a mini dress and open long jacket, and the red heels provide a pop of color. The dress and heels each fit Legacy, Maitreya, and Reborn mesh bodies.


**SUMMER GAU URBAN STYLE COMPLETE OUTFIT** may be named for an actor, but also brings the summer heat with those low cut shorts! They are open in the front and distressed to the point of shredding, both front and back, but balanced by a long sleeved blouse that is opened just enough in the front ;) Matching mules in snowy white complete the ensemble, with all pieces in sizing for Legacy, Maitreya, and Reborn bodies. 


My final look of the evening is another very playful style that I am absolutely enjoying :) It's called **NICOLE ARI URBAN STYLE COMPLETE OUTFIT** and yes it is another free group gift...yet another reason for my heartfelt gratitude for this generosity! The denim short overalls, red tube top, and tiptoe sneakers with striped socks built in will all fit Legacy, Maitreya, and Reborn mesh bodies with ease. The red baseball style cap is included too, with a built in resize script so you can adjust if necessary. I was pleasantly surprised at how well it fit with my hair, and I think the braids poking through each side are a feature, not a bug ;) The curved V of the back pocket embroidery on the overalls gives heart shaped booty feels, love it!

Whew, I went to the salon before dinner and made an appointment for a cut next week, which is going to be a huge relief. The receptionist was not one of the ones I'd ever seen in the 20+ years of going there, so I had to explain that my former stylist wasn't there any more and I asked who they referring us to instead. She looked a bit confused I'm afraid, but I think it will all work out fine. I'll be there next Tuesday afternoon, which doesn't affect my blogging plans at all and shouldn't take particularly long for just a haircut. I'm sure by then I will be up to my eyeballs in December treats to blog, which I am definitely looking forward to :) I hope you're all having a pleasant day/evening, many magical magpie hugs to everyone!!

Credits:
All Group Gifts from V8 Underground:

Photo 1:
Outfit: **JULIETTE GOGLIA CASUAL STYLE COMPLETE OUTFIT** $0L Group Gift

Photo 2:
Outfit: **ELISABETH HARNOIS URBAN STYLE COMPLETE OUTFIT** $0L Group Gift

Photo 3:
Outfit: **MARLY GOTHIC STYLE COMPLETE OUTFIT** $0L Group Gift

Photo 4:
Outfit: **SUMMER GAU URBAN STYLE COMPLETE OUTFIT** $0L Group Gift

Photo 5:
Outfit: **NICOLE ARI URBAN STYLE COMPLETE OUTFIT** $0L Group Gift

Head: LeLUTKA Fleur Head 3.1
Hair: TRUTH Twist - Essential
Skin: 7 Deadly s[K]ins - PAOLA cotton candy (BOM)
Ring: {Carter} Wedding Zoe (Marketplace)
Body/Hands/Feet: Maitreya Mesh Body - Lara
All Poses: Verocity  (Various Sets)

No comments:

Post a Comment