Thursday, November 16, 2023

Thanksgiving Treasure Hunt

 Hiya everyone! Tonight we are searching for treasure chests, as part of the Thanksgiving Shopping & Treasure Hunt event at Wonderland Beach. They are mainly in or near the various booths and displays at the event, and the lid opens to show golden coins inside when you click them :) They also send you a folder with your prize inside, many generous free treats with most but not all being themed to the upcoming holiday and autumn season. The event is open until the 23rd which I believe is Thanksgiving this year, so head on over soon to enjoy!


My first look of the evening is our treasure from Moonstar, simply named Thanksgiving Hunt outfit. The long tunic shirt is provided in classic M and fitmesh M for classic avatars, along with sizes for Freya, Isis, Venus, Legacy, Maitreya, Ocacin, Hourglass, Physique, Tonic Curvy, Tonic Fine, and Voluptuous mesh bodies. We also receive the brown denim jeans as a system/BOM layer, so handy! The top says "Happy Thanks Giving" with a pilgrim style hat above it and a bounty of pumpkins and corn beneath, and a few flowers to help decorate the image. 


Next I changed into the charming DbD Music Flower Dress prize from Designs by Danielle. There are Khara, Kupra, Legacy, Maitreya, Petite, and Reborn mesh body sizes included, all with a turtleneck and long puffed sleeves above a short hemline. The shiny fabric has lines of music notes like sheet music on it, with a large floral image that serves as a backdrop. I am wearing the Maitreya size on my Maitreya body, but I must admit it looks like a looser fit like it might have been mislabeled and is really a curvier body. It doesn't look bad by any means, just different than I'd expect if that makes sense. I really like the texture, even if I have forgotten how to read music since it's been over 40 years since I took guitar lessons ;)


We can always rely on Grumble to provide hunt prizes and gifts that tantalize, like this stunning Fiery Dress that has a playful mix of patterns and sparkles. Click their treasure chest and you too will receive sizing for Altamura, eBody Classic, eBody Curvy, Freya, Isis, Venus, Legacy, Maitreya, Signature, Hourglass, Physique, Tonic Curvy, and Tonic Fine mesh bodies. The rear view is certainly on the cheeky side, lol, so undies are a must for many venues.


Starshine Design sure has the right idea for holiday plans with their ~*SD*~ GF114U [TE] bodysuit, don't ya think? This strapless cutie comes in several system/BOM layers, as well as appliers for Belleza, Eve, Maitreya, Omega, Signature, and Slink mesh bodies. The turkey on the front advises us to "Gobble till you Wobble", a saying that never fails to make me smile for how fun it is and how accurate for many of us.


My final look of the night is a closeup of the nail art I've been enjoying from this hunt, thanks to .::LUNA::. Body Art and their Autumn Mix I - Nails. There are 5 different designs available on each HUD, which include Belleza, Maitreya, and Slink appliers. I did a bit of Frankenstein-ing here to get three of the 5 designs in one image, lol, as I love variety and really enjoyed all of the possibilities. 

Today was a challenging one because of the outing I attempted, and yes I do realize how stupid it sounds to be like "omg life is so hard, I went to the local park and saw cute dogs being walked" but it's not about the destination. It's about being in a car and away from home, and about agoraphobia being a beast of an opponent. I did have a small panic attack, but I did sit there in the parking lot and wait it out, which is supposed to retrain my brain not to run away (fight or flight) and that anxiety/panic are not life threatening. I was in literally no danger, and I wish my brain would get the hint about that fact ;) It was a bit better than Sunday's outing, so I'm taking that as a positive. Otherwise I watched a well played hockey game tonight, and now I'm here sharing goodies with all of you so life is good :) I hope you're all having a beautiful day/evening, many magical magpie hugs to everyone!!

Credits:
All Hunt Prizes from Thanksgiving Treasure Hunt:

Photo 1:
Outfit: Moonstar Thanksgiving Hunt outfit $0L Hunt Prize

Photo 2:
Dress: Designs by Danielle DbD Music Flower Dress $0L Hunt Prize

Photo 3:
Dress: Grumble-Fiery Dress $0L Hunt Prize

Photo 4:
Bodysuit: Starshine Design ~*SD*~ GF114U [TE] $0L Hunt Prize

Photo 5:
Nails: .::LUNA::. Body Art - Autumn Mix I - Nails $0L Hunt Prize

Head: LeLUTKA Fleur Head 3.1
Hair: TRUTH VIP Merry - Essential
Skin: 7 Deadly s[K]ins - PAOLA cotton candy (BOM)
Ring: {Carter} Wedding Zoe (Marketplace)
Body/Hands/Feet: Maitreya Mesh Body - Lara
All Poses: Verocity  (Various Sets)

No comments:

Post a Comment