Thursday, November 23, 2023

Nerdy Girl Is Back!

 Hiya everyone! Tonight I have some terrific news, the grand reopening of the Nerdy Girl store ♥. Their catchphrase is "The clothes you didn't know you needed", and I felt that a lot while browsing their offerings. Their designer, Moira, is definitely as awesome as her display name inworld mentions, and her sassy sense of humor shown on her creations makes me extremely happy. The store group is currently free to join, but please hurry so you don't miss out on that opportunity :) I found several group gifts and picked out a few random delights that it's my pleasure to show you. I have fond memories of shopping at her store and sharing some of her Wash Cart Sale items long ago, and oh my goodness I just looked back at my posts from 2015 and 2016 that made me laugh to the point of wheezing! Well, I would love to warmly welcome Nerdy Girl back to SL and hope you'll join me in visiting.


My first look combines two generous group gifts with very fun and flirty results. The top is the NG - Baby Tee All HUDs gift, which comes in a standard fitmesh size as well as Freya, Isis, Venus, Maitreya, Ocacin, Hourglass, Physique, Tonic Curvy, Tonic Fine, and Voluptuous mesh body sizing. The HUDs are After School and Saturday Morning Cartoons, each with 10 wonderful choices :) School House Rock is a fond memory for me, and I'll probably be humming the Animaniacs theme song all night now ;) As for the shorts, those would be the NG - Short Shorts All Huds which fit Freya, Isis, Venus, Maitreya, Hourglass, and Physique mesh bodies. There are two HUDs in this gift too, Patterns and Fades, with 10 choices apiece. Please note that for all of the group gifts, we pay $1L which is automatically refunded while the gift is delivered, so be sure to have at least one linden in your 'wallet'. 


I kept on the Short Shorts here but changed into another group gift called NG - Bandeau Top. This cutie is a flattering tube top in 5 standard mesh sizes along with sizes for Freya, Isis, Venus, Maitreya, Hourglass, Physique, Tonic Curvy, and Tonic Fine mesh bodies. You can tell that there are multiple colors, which is thanks to our 10 color HUD that is also included. I'm such a fan of HUDs and the ability to change colors or textures on a whim :) Also the rear view lets you see the pockets on the back of the shorts in addition to more texture choices.


Those shorts came in handy again here so I could show you a new release you might purchase while visiting, the NG - Basic Tank Anti Social Butterfly which is just $99L. The front does have an image featuring the words of its name in two fun fonts, beneath a winged beauty. There are sizes for Freya, Isis, Legacy, Maitreya, Hourglass, and Physique mesh bodies included. If this particular saying doesn't speak to you, that's okay as there are several other options available for the same low price. As for myself, I am shy and awkward with a touch of social anxiety so I'm possibly viewed as anti-social at first. So I can't entirely deny this one, and wonder hopefully if it would keep away the flirty peeps who refuse to read in my profile that I am happily taken.


It was genuinely challenging to pick just one pair of jammies to show off here, but I think I made a good choice with the NG - Jammies Rawr Dino set ♥. The phrase "rawr means I love you in dinosaur" takes up an oddly permanent space in my brain, LOL, and the one on our pj top here has lots of adorable friends on the pants too. All the jammies are $169L per set, and consist of top and bottom each in sizing for Freya, Isis, Legacy, Maitreya, Hourglass, Physique, and Reborn mesh bodies. The colors really caught my eye here too, earth tones that work so well with each other and for dinosaurs in general.


For my final look of the evening, I looked around the store and realized what I would certainly need this holiday weekend - a new dress that is not overly formal and suitable for fall! Fortunately I spotted one right away, the NG - Slip Dress Garden which is one of several (mostly florals) for $129L each. I almost picked a pale blue with sunflowers to be honest, but this classic pattern of mixed flowers on a black background won me over. It includes Freya, Isis, Legacy, Maitreya, Hourglass, Physique, and Reborn mesh body sizing. My RL weather may be too chilly for this lovely dress, but nothing can stop me in SL from indulging in this breezy style any time of year :) I tried the Lara X with it because of the relatively loose fit, but it would take a lot of breast and butt alpha-ing so it is doable but not ideal. I do expect many designers to be able to provide the new rigging/sizing soon though, so no worries there.

It was a busy day here, helping prepare for the Thanksgiving celebration that I can't attend (but still helping anyway I can) and baring my soul in therapy. I have some new 'homework' to help with the anxiety, and I'll be taking a couple of walks tomorrow to keep from being bored or lonely. There's also a chance I will be able to do a voice chat with those who are at dinner, which would be reassuring I think. The weather will be clear, unlike yesterday, so it should be fine to walk. I'm taking tomorrow evening off from blogging, so my next post will be Friday evening. I'd like to wish all who are celebrating a very Happy Thanksgiving, and for those who don't I wish you all the best as always. I'm very thankful to have this opportunity to share free and affordable fashions with all of you, and just to share a tiny slice of my life here. I hope you're all having a glorious day/evening, many magical magpie hugs to everyone!!

Credits:
All Gifts and Items from Nerdy Girl:

Photo 1:
Top: NG - Baby Tee All HUDs $0L Group Gift
Shorts: NG - Short Shorts All Huds $0L Group Gift

Photo 2:
Top: NG - Bandeau Top $0L Group Gift

Photo 3:
Top: NG - Basic Tank Anti Social Butterfly $99L New Release

Photo 4:
Outfit: NG - Jammies Rawr Dino $169L New Release

Photo 5:
Dress: NG - Slip Dress Garden $129L New Release

Head: LeLUTKA Fleur Head 3.1
Hair: TRUTH VIP Bliss - Essential
Skin: 7 Deadly s[K]ins - PAOLA cotton candy (BOM)
Ring: {Carter} Wedding Zoe (Marketplace)
Body/Hands/Feet: Maitreya Mesh Body - Lara
All Poses: Verocity  (Various Sets)

No comments:

Post a Comment