Thursday, January 19, 2017

The Beauty of Variety

Hiya everyone! It was a mostly quiet day, and I have just two places for you to visit tonight to pick up the freebies shown here. There are group gifts from Insomnia Store, whose group is free to join, and there is a better look at a Midnight Mania prize I hinted at yesterday from DanemarkZ. I am always grateful to find free or almost free gifts to share, as it does help us spread our SL budgets a bit further and gives us a chance to wear the designers' hard work out and about (rather than a brief demo) to better appreciate their style. If you like a free gift you pick up, please support the creators by shopping in their store, so they will be able to continue to offer us these freebies :) I know that I personally could never manage to do what they do, which makes me even more glad that there are so many creative and talented ladies and gentlemen out there who keep my avi looking her best.

My first look shows two different gifts found at Insomnia Store, just wear your free group tag and click the various bags, signs, and boxes in the group gifts area to claim them. The dress is their *IS* Doll Mini Dress, standard mesh sizes with a HUD featuring 6 different textures/color combos for the dress, two of which are shown here. On the left I am wearing the *IS* Fur Stole Winter Edition Christmas Gift, 3 sizes that span the range of standard sizes by combining a few, and another HUD for two different textures to the fur itself. They are both white, just different patterns. As mesh, they do move with your arms and it is quite handy in the cooler weather.

I really like the style of our next gift, *IS* Flowers Embroidered Dress Updated, which is two gifts in one since you get the black and white versions in one gift, sized for Maitreya, Belleza, and Slink only but I'm sure with alpha layers you could work it out for a classic body. The scalloped hem is as lovely as the floral designs and slight hints of embossed lace. The long sleeves make it ideal for winter, and if the short skirt seems too chilly, you can always pick out your favorite tights or leggings to wear beneath. I might even use it as a tunic top over some cute jeans.

Another beautiful gift you can claim from Insomnia Store is their *IS* Mohito Rose Dress Exclusive Group Gift, with its fluttery layered skirt and soft bow to top it off. You will find all standard sizes in this box, and it looks like I caught myself gasping or giggling at how sweet this style looks.

Yesterday I mentioned that I could not show you a closer look yet at one of the Midnight Mania prizes from DanemarkZ since SL was being glitchy, well fortunately today the grid was much kinder to me :) So here is that wonderful prize, the DMZ Ten shades of Passion Nailpolish pack. There are, as the name implies, 10 designs to choose from or mix and match, including solids and a subtle marbled look, and that deep grey grid with chains draped across my index finger. Such rich colors, the gloss and shadowing really gives them depth. Hurry and click those boards, they don't need many clicks to lock down each day. The pack includes appliers for Belleza, Omega, Slink fingernails, and Slink toenails.

I have a few busy days ahead, but will still try my best to blog regularly and bring you glimpses of my favorite affordable finds in SL. It is especially challenging after the excitement of the holidays has died down, but there are so many places I have never visited yet across the grid that I am enjoying the exploration. Have a beautiful day/evening, magical magpie hugs to each of you!!

Credits:

Photo 1:
Dress: *IS* Doll Mini Dress $0L Group Gift
Stole: *IS* Fur Stole Winter Edition//Christmas Gift $0L Group Gift

Photo 2:
Dresses: *IS* Flowers Embroidered Dress Updated $0L Group Gift

Photo 3:
Dress: *IS* Mohito Rose Dress Exclusive Group Gift $0L Group Gift

Photo 4:
Nails: DanemarkZ DMZ Ten shades of Passion Nailpolish pack $0L Midnight Mania Prize

Hair: TRUTH HAIR - Gretchen gingers
Eyes: * Inkheart * - Seth Eyes - Gold (Size M)
Skin: 7 Deadly s{K}ins - Madelief GG January/17 Cotton Candy
Body: Slink Physique Mesh Body
Hands: Slink AvEnhance Hands Female-Casual/Elegant 1
Feet: Slink AvEnhance Feet Female Deluxe Pack

No comments:

Post a Comment