Friday, February 2, 2024

Misty Blue

 Hiya everyone! Tonight's post is chock full of treats from the BLUE SL event, which is open until the 8th of the month and has a free group we can join for said gifts :) There are exclusive offers and discounted selections for us to enjoy, and as you can guess from the title I was thinking of an old song called Misty Blue. I know the Dorothy Moore version from the 70s, but there have been many other recordings and it is a very rich soulful song about how thoughts of a former lover still haunt the singer. It reminds me of "At Last" by Etta James, and then I found out that Etta James also covered it so I need to listen to that version too :) Just the thought of you, turns my whole world misty blue...


My first look of the evening is a gift from Uni-qu3 called Demetrea Sepia TOP - SHORTS. The bandana top and loose fitting shorts are each provided in Belleza, Maitreya, and Slink sizes, and both pieces are trimmed in that same lovely diamond pattern. It is such a fun style for warm weather or lounging around indoors, just loving life :)


One of the best ways I've found to show off tattoos is with swimwear, so here I combined a gift of each type :) The Kyarafashion Julya Swimsuit GIFT blue is actually looking quite purple on my screen, not a complaint as it's my favorite color. The gift includes sizes for Freya, Isis, Hourglass, Hourglass Petite, Kupra, Legacy, Perky, Maitreya, and Maitreya Petite mesh bodies as well as a standard version to fit classic avatars. The crossed straps and lacy waist ruffle are fantastic details, don't you think? As for the body art, that would be our inKdependent - CARPE KOI - COLORABLE gift. It is a system/BOM layer that you can edit and choose your own color, so on the left I left it black but on the right I was going for an orange-red koi look. I'm afraid I went too red and it looks like scarring instead, if so I apologize as that was not my intention. Each time you edit and change the color it gets saved as a new version, so be sure to label them each with the hue you chose in the name so you know what layer is which without having to try them each on whenever you wear it. 


Next I changed tattoos and clothing, for another fun result. The tops are our BQ::Dark Flowers Top::Black 1 & 2 gift from BlondeQueen, two lovely strapless tops that have subtly different textures and will look great with any bottoms you choose to pair them with. Each are provided in Freya, Isis, Venus, Legacy, Maitreya, Signature, Hourglass, and Physique body sizes. Confession, I was sorting my Received Items folder recently and realized I'd never shared this pair of mesh jeans I found for free on the marketplace, the Snappy \\ Twenty Two Jeans w/ 3 Color Hud. They fit Freya, Isis, Venus, Legacy, Maitreya, Hourglass, Physique, Tonic Curvy, and Tonic Fine bodies, with XXII down the left left in gold and a 22 on a rear pocket. Tattoo details - that is our generous TWO DELTA gift of ::TD:: FLOWERS TATTOO, which is a trio of BOM layers. There are dark tintable, light tintable (right above) and red (left) versions, so you get to pick which one suits your personal style best. I tinted the light tintable a pretty blue to go along with the night's theme, even if most of the gifts are not in fact shades of blue :) 


I've decided that The Bold Llama T-Shirt Co. should have with a snort-laugh warning before you read any of their shirts! Their gift for the event is called TURTLE ON AN ESCALATOR Tee, and that expression is new to me but I plan on using it again and often. The front says "Today I will be happier than a turtle on an escalator" and just picturing that made me giggle :) There are 5 standard mesh sizes as well as eBody, Freya, Isis, Venus, Legacy, Maitreya, Ocacin, Hourglass, Physique, TMP, Tonic Curvy, and Tonic Fine mesh body sizes, so you are probably covered here one way or another. But wait, there's more...


My final look of the evening is their exclusive offer for the event, called SELECTIVE HEARING Tees. Oh my goodness, too funny! Thanks to the included HUD, you can choose from "I have selective hearing, I'm sorry you were not selected" or "It's a beautiful day to leave me alone!" as shown above, or the third option not shown says "Anti-idiots". Same sizes as mentioned in the previous photo will be yours for just $150L if you get to this event in the next week or so :) Quick story, anytime my mom called me as a kid and I didn't hear her, she said I had selective hearing, so it made me laugh thinking of how many times I accidentally drove her bonkers with that. She also often said my dad had (still has) selective hearing too, but now he's got hearing aids so he has less of an excuse ;) My family means well but we are a quirky bunch sometimes.

It was a better day here overall, and I got more sleep which is always helpful. My favorite restaurant recently revamped their menu, and I was going to get food from there when I realized that the dinner I was craving was one of the few to be removed from the menu. Boo hiss. Instead I got a caprese melt, which is mozzarella and fontina with pesto and sliced tomato on sourdough bread. YUM! I'd never had that one before so it might be new to them, and I really enjoyed it. It was also half the price of the fancy dinner I'd initially wanted, LOL, probably from lack of meat because the one I wanted had chicken and tortellini in pesto cream sauce. Still got a touch of the pesto I was craving, so it's all good. Tomorrow I allegedly have a tele-visit with my missing doctor, heh, and then an hour and a half later I'm having dinner at my parents'. If she doesn't call yet again, I am done with her, and if she waits until dinnertime I am going to be very irritated. I enjoyed my day off last night, but tonight got so busy I almost wished I had taken off tonight instead. It's okay though, I am hanging in here :) I hope you're all having a nice day/evening, many magical magpie hugs to everyone!!

Credits:
All Group Gifts and Offers from BLUE SL Event:

Photo 1:
Outfit: Uni-qu3 / Demetrea Sepia TOP - SHORTS $0L Blue Event GG

Photo 2:
Swimsuit: Kyarafashion Julya Swimsuit GIFT blue $0L Blue Event GG
Tattoo: inKdependent - CARPE KOI - COLORABLE $0L Blue Event GG

Photo 3:
Top: BlondeQueen BQ::Dark Flowers Top::Black 1 & 2 $0L Blue Event GG
Tattoo: TWO DELTA ::TD:: FLOWERS TATTOO $0L Blue Event GG

Photo 4:
Top: The Bold Llama T-Shirt Co. TURTLE ON AN ESCALATOR Tee $0L Blue Event GG

Photo 5:
Top: The Bold Llama T-Shirt Co. SELECTIVE HEARING Tees $150L Exclusive

Pants Photos 3-5: Snappy \\ Twenty Two Jeans w/ 3 Color Hud $0L Marketplace

Head: LeLUTKA Fleur Head 3.1
Hair: TRUTH Puppet - Essential
Skin: .::WoW Skins::. .WS. MANON EVOX SKIN - VELOUR PORCELAIN
Ring: {Carter} Wedding Zoe (Marketplace)
Body/Hands/Feet: Maitreya Mesh Body - Lara 5.3
All Poses: Verocity  (Various Sets)

No comments:

Post a Comment