Tuesday, October 24, 2023

Boo! Bunny Hunt

 Hiya everyone! Tonight I was in the mood for some gridwide hunting, and the Boo! Bunny Hunt 13 happily fulfilled my craving. We are looking for a small piece of candy in an orange and green striped wrapper, with an example featured on their website so you know what to keep an eye out for. That is also where we'll find our landmarks, hints, and preview images where available, but some stores have the hint on their sign as well if you click the candy attached. All of these fantastic prizes are just $1L each, and you know your girl here is an experienced bargain hunter in SL and RL ;) So naturally I needed to share these finds with all of you too, because this magpie loves to find treasures (shinies!) but is also a generous soul who wants to spread the word about how you can claim your own seasonal goodies. I'm also excited that it's the lucky 13th round of this hunt, so thirteen years of finding affordable treats for Halloween and beyond.


My first look is from the creator who also organizes the Evil Bunny Hunts, so of course I was inspired to give them top billing here ;) This is the Grumble-Skulltastic dress, a fascinatingly crafted skintight mini dress with cutouts that make it look like a bra beneath an overalls style dress. There are sizes for Gen X Classic, Gen X Curvy, Khara, Kupra, Legacy, Maitreya, Prima Busty, Reborn, and Reborn Waifu mesh bodies. I was immediately drawn to the bright colors that pop so beautifully against the black background, with skulls and mushrooms plus a sprinkling of stardust. I thought of it as Goth Lisa Frank and snorted while drinking coffee, somehow making myself laugh even more...


I also visited Indigenous to pick up their piece of candy, which gave me this clever Ooze Dress prize for just $1L. It has a charming draped neckline that leads to a deep scoop in the back beneath crossed straps, in sizes for Gen X Classic, Gen X Curvy, Khara, Kupra, Legacy, Perky, Maitreya, Peach, Reborn, and Reborn Waifu mesh bodies. The skulls in reaper robes have a special secret to share, as the fabric is materials enabled (advanced lighting material) so blood drips and splatters are visible in the light. I've got some lamps near me in my skybox where I took these photos, so you can see the dark red showing up on my left (image right) both front and back. 


My next stop was Emerald Couture, home to many generous gifts (group gifts, lucky chairs, midnight manias, etc.) and hunt prizes like this EC Bona Lisa Dress Orange. The skulls somehow remind me of Jason masks but also a damask fabric like you might find on their year-round fashions, with the orange and black being perfect for Halloween season. The prize includes 5 standard mesh sizes as well as Freya, Isis, Venus, Legacy, Maitreya, Hourglass, Physique, and TMP mesh body versions. There are sheer sections on the midriff both front and back, and the slender straps cross in the back but are hiding beneath my hair. Who knew that spooky and sexy could combine so well?


Emi's Attic is one of those stores who've been on my radar for several years now as a talented and generous designer with clothing that suits my personal style very well. So you'd better believe I hightailed it over there to find this candy and claim their Trick O' Tee Trio prize! There are three versions of the tube dress with detached looking sleeves (they are technically attached, linked) each in sizing for Freya, Gen X, Kupra, Legacy Perky, Maitreya, and Reborn mesh bodies, along with a bonus pair of BOM black knit panties. I'm absolutely going to lounge around the house in this as is, but add either jeans or a long skirt to go out in, depending on my mood or where we might be headed. 


My final look of the evening gives me the opportunity to tell you about a rebranding from ZFG (Zero F*cks Given) to their new name, nope. They might have had another name before that but it's currently escaping me, my apologies for the brain fart :) This hilarious cropped hoodie is called sass horror - scholarship, and that front reads "going to hell on full scholarship" which resonates with me quite a bit lately. The sleeves both have a fun stitched pattern that I initially mistook for bones, so we'll chalk that up to having Halloween on my mind, and there is a pert hood hanging down the back beneath my hair. The panties from our Emi's Attic prize came in handy, but I'm sure you have several items in your inventory that you can wear beneath this like jeans, leggings, or skirts in just about any color. How you do suppose we apply for that scholarship, an essay? Because obviously I enjoy writing...and wait, is there usually tuition? Do we have to pay for our horns and demon tails, and do we automatically get stuck with a roommate who would annoy us the most? Wow, the questions I have now!

Whew, this is a really busy season for blogging! I heard about at least 3 more events in the past 24 hours, which is wonderful but I wasn't quite done with the ones that I'd already known about ;) October and December are usually the busiest times in SL for events and hunts, with February being up there thanks to all the hearts and cupids. I'd rather have too many possibilities than not enough though, so this is all said with love and gratitude for the amazing designers and hunt/event organizers in SL who keep us busy. I hope you're all having a fantastic day/evening, many magical magpie hugs to everyone!!

Credits:
All Hunt Prizes from Boo! Bunny Hunt 13:

Photo 1:
Dress: Grumble-Skulltastic dress $1L Hunt Prize

Photo 2:
Dress: Indigenous - Ooze Dress $1L Hunt Prize

Photo 3:
Dress: Emerald Couture EC Bona Lisa Dress Orange $1L Hunt Prize

Photo 4:
Outfit: Emi's Attic ~ Trick O' Tee Trio $1L Hunt Prize

Photo 5:
Top: nope. sass horror - scholarship $1L Hunt Prize

Head: LeLUTKA Fleur Head 3.1
Hair: Lamb. - Pearl Full Pack 
Skin: 7 Deadly s[K]ins - PAOLA cotton candy (BOM)
Ring: {Carter} Wedding Zoe (Marketplace)
Body/Hands/Feet: Maitreya Mesh Body - Lara
All Poses: Verocity  (Various Sets)

No comments:

Post a Comment