Saturday, October 28, 2023

FabFree Gets Spooky

 Hiya everyone! Tonight I realized that with all the hubbub of various Halloween events, I hadn't yet shared the seasonal treats being offered to FabFree group members. So of course I had to remedy that, as I love any reason to share goodies for the FabFree in SL group or from their incredible blog :) They've been a huge part of my second life since I arrived on the grid, and as an enthusiastic fan of theirs I have been noticing gifts added to their ever-growing group gift list that are just right for Halloween. If you need a costume this weekend or on the holiday itself, be sure to take a peek and see if perhaps the look of your dreams is waiting for you for free! The FabFree group is free to join as always, and has a permanent place among my group slots even back when they were limited to a much lower number than we enjoy these days.


My first look of the evening is more for giggles than gasps of terror ;) It is our SPOTLIGHT - FABFREE 'BOO-BEES' gift, and well there are indeed two bees on the front with ghost costumes for the BOO part. Where else would they land but on our chest? The dress has a layered look with yellow trim to match the bees' stripes, and a slit on each side to make things a little flirty. The gift includes sizes for Gen X Classic, Gen X Curvy, Khara, Kupra, Legacy, Perky, Maitreya, Petite, Prima, Prima Petite, Reborn, and Reborn Waifu mesh bodies. 


Taylor Designs clearly had Halloween in mind when designing our Agatha Overalls Oct gift, from the bright orange color to the dancing jack o'lantern on the left hip. This one piece outfit comes in Gen X Classic, Gen X Curvy, Khara, Kupra, Legacy, Perky, Maitreya, Petite, Peach, Reborn, and Reborn Waifu mesh body sizes. The halter neck leads around to a deep plunging back, just right for showing off a new tattoo and especially if you've picked up a seasonal themed one recently :) 


I also noticed that V8 Underground recently changed their group gifts over to costumes or Halloween themed treats, like this FabFree gift called **MISS KRUEGER V2 TERROR STYLE THEME COSTUME COMPLET OUTFIT**. Freddy could be short for Fredericka or Frieda, right? As always their outfits are full of great details and accessories, but we start with the cropped sweater and micro mini shorts each in standard mesh sizes as well as Freya, Isis, Venus, Maitreya, Hourglass, Physique, and TMP versions. The boots are unrigged so we can adjust them, or just wear the included alpha layer to hide your feet if you prefer. Then we have the hat and a blonde hairstyle (not shown) that is blood splattered, and a claw glove in 2 versions for the right hand. The stockings and scratches tattoos come in system/BOM layers and an Omega applier, just like the makeup which I'm not wearing here because it is for Catwa and not Evo X. The image included with the gift will let you see what it looks like though :) I have always been very timid about horror movies, yet even as a teenager I was drawn to the Nightmare on Elm Street series. 


Pink may not be a traditional Halloween color, but I'm all for making it a new tradition :) This is the SLW Design - Fab-Boo-Lous Hoodie gift, clearly designed just for us, and it goes without saying that we're all fabulous but I also love the idea of being fab-BOO-lous this month! The image on the front reads just that, with a witch on the left of the Fab part (I thought it was a 4 at first LOL) and spiderwebs on the Lous at the bottom. The hoodie itself has shapely seams in the front and a double row of matching stripes down each arm in pale blue, just right to go with the sleeve cuffs. There are two versions included, with or without the Fab-Boo-Lous wording on the front, and each will fit Legacy, Maitreya, and Petite mesh bodies. It is just long enough to be a very short dress as I've worn it here, or a long tunic top that you can add your favorite pants beneath if you wish.


My final look of the evening keeps the SLW Design hoodie but adds a fantastic accessory - the "VOOH" FABFREE GROUP GIFT #4 MIX & MATCH COFFIN BAG. This stunning handbag comes in 8 different versions, each with a different hold pose (some left hand, some right, and one in both at once which is the one I'm using on the left above) and a very handy HUD to customize the look. There are 40 textures and 30 metals each for the full bag, bag part 1, or bag part 2 (the sides seem to be part 1 and the front is 2) so we can change things up quite a bit! I really leaned into the purple to go with the pink clothing, but there are patterns and solids of black, red, orange, and all sorts of possibilities for year round. I really couldn't resist the style!

Are you ready for the weekend? I sure am, well except for making up a shopping list for the morning for the housemate to go to the farmers market. I think the weather will be decent enough, cool (low 60s) but clear, and it is the last market for one of the vendors so I've preordered some frozen goodies to enjoy, at least until he gets set up in a new venture if that works out. Dinner with my parents was productive as I got them thinking about Thanksgiving plans. My mom texted my cousins/her nephews to see if they are able to be there, so now we wait for their decisions. They are understanding that I don't think I can make it, and there's chaos about the physical therapist wanting my grandmother's bed moved from the dining room (where it's been for a few years now) to the living room to make room for more equipment, meaning my parents will have to figure out what table to use and where. There's also a huge ancient sofa (from the 50s or 60s) in the way that will probably get chopped up and discarded because it's in bad shape, more things to do by then. I hope you all have a wonderful weekend ahead, many magical magpie hugs to everyone!!

Credits:
All Group Gifts for FabFree in SL:

Photo 1:
Dress: SPOTLIGHT - FABFREE 'BOO-BEES' $0L FabFree Gift

Photo 2:
Outfit: Taylor Designs Agatha Overalls Oct $0L FabFree Gift

Photo 3:
Outfit: V8 Underground **MISS KRUEGER V2 TERROR STYLE THEME COSTUME COMPLET OUTFIT** $0L FabFree Gift

Photo 4:
Dress: SLW Design - Fab-Boo-Lous Hoodie $0L FabFree Gift

Photo 5:
Bag: "VOOH" FABFREE GROUP GIFT #4 MIX & MATCH COFFIN BAG $0L FabFree Gift

Head: LeLUTKA Fleur Head 3.1
Hair: TRUTH Muse - Essential
Skin: 7 Deadly s[K]ins - PAOLA cotton candy (BOM)
Ring: {Carter} Wedding Zoe (Marketplace)
Body/Hands/Feet: Maitreya Mesh Body - Lara
All Poses: Verocity  (Various Sets)

No comments:

Post a Comment