Saturday, October 14, 2023

I Put a Spell On You

 Hiya everyone! Tonight I'm inviting you to a gridwide hunt from Cheeky Monkey Hunts, called I Put a Spell On You 3 Hunt. There are $1L prizes as well as $25L exclusive offers and $50L exclusives, with each designer choosing one or more of those to hide in pictures of a carved jack o'lantern with a rather sinister grinning face. The list of prizes and prices can be found on the hunt's website, with the hints and preview images so you know what you'll be able to claim. I always enjoy their opportunities to visit wonderful stores and see what's new, and we get to save money because the prizes are all worth far more than what we are paying :) The exclusive offers may be released at some time in the future (probably full price) but are designed specifically for the hunt and only available via the hunt prize for this month. I'll be cheerfully humming the song that inspired the hunt's name while I type this post...while thinking of the Hocus Pocus movie, which I'll be watching soon!


My first look of the evening is the $1L prize from The Sissy Bar called (TSB) I Put A Spell On You 3 Hunt. The outfit consists of the sweater and jeans each in sizing for eBody Reborn, Hourglass, Legacy, and Maitreya mesh bodies. The sweater has an adorable image of a little witch girl sitting on a carved pumpkin holding a kitten, on a very pretty knit texture. I was also drawn to the low rise jeans with ripped knee and cuffed legs that are more like capri length. This outfit is just right for the cool but not freezing weather that autumn brings :)


The jeans from The Sissy Bar came in handy to wear with two of the prizes from The Bold Llama T-Shirt Co. They have three different prizes, one at each price point, so two are exclusives :) On the left I'm wearing the $1L ZOMBIE SLOTH Tee that gave me a huge chuckle, saying Zombie Sloth above and No Need To Run underneath the undead slowpoke. I definitely have days where I feel like I'm as slow as him. Their $25L exclusive offer is called DON'T TEST ME Tee, seen on the right above. This one has a witch flying on her broom (almost looks like surfing) with the words "My Magic is Strong" above and "Don't Test Me" below her. It's a great message of empowerment, as we all have some magic inside that we deserve to be able to tap into. Both of these treats, as with all of their tank tops, come in 5 standard mesh sizes along with eBody, Freya, Isis, Venus, Legacy, Maitreya, Ocacin, Hourglass, Physique, TMP, Tonic Curvy, and Tonic Fine mesh body versions.


We are also visiting Psyche's Pstyles to find their pumpkin that holds the $1L Black Widow Dress. It has a great design with metallic halter neck and cobwebbed pattern, not to mention the fun tattered hem :) There are standard S and standard L sizes for classic avatars, plus eBody Classic, Maitreya, Hourglass, and Physique mesh body sizing. This time of year it will be very easy to find Halloween themed accessories for it, but I'm thinking a simple pair of black ankle booties and maybe some red earrings to match the spider-adorned medallion on the front of the bodice.


I'm always eager to see what [Ari-Pari] has brewed up (sorry, yep bad seasonal pun intended) for each hunt or event they participate in, and am naturally thrilled with their Hallows Top & Shorts prize. It's just $1L so you definitely can treat yourself to this cutie, which includes sizes for eBody Reborn, Kupra, Legacy, Perky, and Maitreya mesh bodies for each piece. There is also a HUD of course, with 5 colors each that can be mixed and matched. Our top is always solid colored, and the shorts have a sweet seasonal pattern on whichever background color you select. I was feeling like mixing things up a bit to show off more hues :)


My final look of the evening is the Esoteric RED mini dress with thongs & shoes, which is our $25L exclusive offer from Harambee-Gwassi. They are a charity store raising funds in SL for Kenyan communities in need of essentials like schooling, so it is a worthy cause that I am always eager to support. Looking at this beautiful outfit, can you really blame me? :) The dress and thong each fit Freya, Isis, Venus, Maitreya, Hourglass, and Physique mesh bodies, and we receive Belleza, Maitreya, Hourglass, and Physique sizing of the matching stilettos. I was intrigued staring at the golden pattern, noticing symbols like bats, moons, and herbs which this time of year call to mind magical potions. The single shouldered dress looks terrific with the solid red ruffle, and the hip slits and short hemline make the thong beneath even more helpful for covering the essentials. 

It was a nice day and a busy evening, trying to make plans for the upcoming week and making sure I have things I need on hand. One of the vendors at the farmers market tomorrow is making crepes, so you know I'm asking the housemate to bring me home one of those :) Then I'll be watching a hockey game in the early afternoon, and we won our season opener which makes me doubly eager to watch game two. Mostly I need to relax this weekend, as the following week is bound to be a rollercoaster ride. I hope you all have a beautiful weekend ahead, many magical magpie hugs to everyone!!

Credits:

Photo 1:
Outfit: The Sissy Bar (TSB) I Put A Spell On You 3 Hunt $1L Hunt Prize

Photo 2:
Top Left: The Bold Llama T-Shirt Co. ZOMBIE SLOTH Tee $1L Hunt Prize
Top Right: The Bold Llama T-Shirt Co. DON'T TEST ME Tee $25L Hunt Exclusive

Photo 3:
Dress: Psyche's Pstyles Black Widow Dress $1L Hunt Prize

Photo 4:
Outfit: [Ari-Pari] Hallows Top & Shorts $1L Hunt Prize

Photo 5:
Outfit: Harambee-Gwassi Esoteric RED mini dress with thongs & shoes $25L Hunt Exclusive

Head: LeLUTKA Fleur Head 3.1
Hair: TRUTH Tangle - Redhead
Skin: 7 Deadly s[K]ins - PAOLA cotton candy (BOM)
Ring: {Carter} Wedding Zoe (Marketplace)
Body/Hands/Feet: Maitreya Mesh Body - Lara
All Poses: Verocity  (Various Sets)

No comments:

Post a Comment