Thursday, October 26, 2023

Crypt Crawl Hunt

 Hiya everyone! Tonight I'd like to invite you to the SLS Crypt Crawl Hunt, a spooky trip through an abandoned carnival, hedge maze, funhouse turned asylum, and a graveyard with mausoleums and chapels to explore. There are over 150 free prizes for those who are brave enough to examine every nook and cranny, high and low, hiding inside lollipops that look as though they've seen better days ;) They are rainbow colored swirls that are bent and slightly faded, so I guess they got wet at some point and might even be a little sticky. When you land you can pick up a free lollipop (fresher than the hunt objects lol) to wear and click anything suspicious you see to follow the storyline, but it is not required to claim the free prizes. Meanwhile there's a fantastic sales event nearby (teleport pad near landing spot) which is a sidewalk sale with discounts of 25% or more. SLS stands for Second Life Syndicate, who bring us loads of sales and hunts throughout the year so I'm a bit fan. If you remember the Scoop n Score hunt (wandering through sewers looking for poo) or Green Freaks (gold coins) hunts, those are theirs also :) As you can probably guess from the general theme and the time of year, there are some creepy sights awaiting like body parts that are no longer attached to their bodies, blood and gore, and probably the thing that bothered me the most was in the funhouse...a rotating tunnel with lights that leads to a room with black and white swirly lines that made me a little dizzy. I've had trouble with seeing motion since my anxiety flared again a few months back, and I got turned around so I had to go through that area a few different times....creating my own headdesk moment I guess. We have until the 5th of November for both the sale and the hunt, so come and get your creep on!


Web Dew has several free prizes available in this hunt, like this exquisite ::WD:: Set Rebecca - Orange. The very detailed top, sleeves, skirt, and collar each fit Erika, Freya, Kupra, Kups, Legacy, Perky, Maitreya, and Petite mesh bodies. The brooches for left and right arms and the chest are all unrigged so we can adjust them if we need to. We also receive a details HUD with 10 colors for each of 8 portions like the chains, bows, flower petals, etc., and there is a transparency HUD with 3 areas (sides of breasts, sides of waist, hem trim) to choose from none, blend, or mask. I did blending on one and masking on the other, but I apologize that I've simply forgotten which is which. Yes these things still confuse me, even after 16 years in SL, lol!


You'll definitely need to give this image a click to see it in full, as the impressively sized skirt made for a wider image than average. This is our ::WD:: Youth - Orange-Purple prize which is also from Web Dew, and reminds me of a floral fairy costume (Thumbelina?). It consists of top, skirt, petals, panties, and shoes, each provided in sizes for Legacy, Perky, Maitreya, Petite, and Reborn bodies. The HUD for this outfit has all sorts of fun settings to play with - glow in 8 colors and 5 settings, gloss in 8 colors, walking sounds on/off for the shoes, and transparency settings of blend/mask/none. Blend is one of the above and mask is the other, while none would make the skirt completely solid looking all the way to the hem.


Sorting through the many prizes was almost as much of an adventure as the hunt itself, and I wound up with two 'bottoms' without coordinating tops but also this wonderful tattoo that I just had to share. The tattoo is the Lolapop! - The Familiar Tattoo which is one of 5 different prizes they have hidden, and it consists of BOM layers in faded, new (shown), and red. Our familiar looks to have cat ears, with different variations on the arm, back, and collarbone areas. There are symbols down the arm to the hands too, very thorough and nicely done. My panties here are the Normandy Crusher Panties CC hunt prize, which fit Cakes, Legacy, Maitreya, Reborn, and Rolls mesh bodies/mods. The symbol on the front looks like Baphomet, and the waistline is intriguingly designed :) As for my chest, well I covered the nips with a very handy set of pasties from the marketplace, the [ Embox ] // Modest Heart Pasties - TINTABLE. They are free and include 3 sizes of breast pasties and a lower heart for the crotch. 


I kept that outfit mostly the same with one major change...I couldn't resist sharing the Normandy - Lithe Skirt CC prize! There is a red rose outline on the left thigh of this tight, high waisted skirt with latex sheen, so many great details here the longer you look. When you find this lollipop, you will receive sizes for Legacy, Maitreya, Reborn, and Rolls bodies, all for free :)


My last look of the evening gave me a nervous chuckle when I tried it on, then another when I turned around! This is the Insomnia Angel.. Elly's Nightmare Dress [orange] prize, and it looks like Elly's nightmare is having extra hands protruding from her lovely new dress! This is just perfect for Halloween, don't ya think? It fits eBody Reborn, Legacy, Maitreya, and Petite bodies, with a HUD offering 12 colors apiece for bows, trim, and bottom ruffle as well as show/hide the black mist around the arm. There are 6 skin tints for the hands, and 5 for the hands' nails, just in case you wish to adjust the look of whomever is creeping out of your clothing ;) One choice was green which made me think of zombies, so perhaps that will help inspire your Halloween costume.

It was a decent day here, and I am preparing for my therapy session tomorrow afternoon while trying to decide exactly what I'll be blogging in the evening. There are a few possibilities, so it boils down to figuring out what suits my other plans best, fitting into my schedule I suppose. I hope you're all having a wonderful day/evening, many magical magpie hugs to everyone!!

Credits:
All Hunt Prizes from Crypt Crawl:

Photo 1:
Outfit: Web Dew ::WD:: Set Rebecca - Orange $0L Hunt Prize

Photo 2:
Outfit: ::WD:: Youth - Orange-Purple $0L Hunt Prize

Photo 3:
Panties: Normandy Crusher Panties CC $0L Hunt Prize
Tattoo: Lolapop! - The Familiar Tattoo $0L Hunt Prize
Pasties: [ Embox ] // Modest Heart Pasties - TINTABLE $0L Marketplace

Photo 4:
Skirt: Normandy - Lithe Skirt CC $0L Hunt Prize

Photo 5:
Dress: Insomnia Angel.. Elly's Nightmare Dress [orange] $0L Hunt Prize

Head: LeLUTKA Fleur Head 3.1
Hair: TRUTH Muse - Essential
Skin: 7 Deadly s[K]ins - PAOLA cotton candy (BOM)
Ring: {Carter} Wedding Zoe (Marketplace)
Body/Hands/Feet: Maitreya Mesh Body - Lara
All Poses: Verocity  (Various Sets)

No comments:

Post a Comment