Monday, January 2, 2023

#BIGGIRL Gifts

 Hiya everyone! Tonight we start the new year by visiting the #BIGGIRL event, organized by Flair For Events. If you join the Flair For Events group (not the #BIGGIRL one) you can claim a few dozen gifts found in green giftboxes with red ribbons. Yes, that does mean they are technically Christmas gifts, and I apologize for being slow to discover this round's gifts as it looks like it's closing on the 4th. So we have a few days to stop by and enjoy the bargains and generous gifts. Not all are seasonally themed, so we can enjoy much of our findings all year round. You will see lots of red here, but is that really just for Christmas? I think not and hope you agree :)


My first look is the lovely - pOOnsh - Rachel Dress (xmas) gift. Its dress and underwear (bra and panties linked) are each provided in Kupra, Kups, Legacy, Perky, Maitreya, and Reborn mesh body sizes. There is also a HUD with 4 textures for the dress and 14 colors each for straps (trim on dress) and underwear, as well as transparency settings of 30%, 50%, or off which makes the dress fully opaque. I left it slightly sheer so you could see the underwear through it ;) There are two snowflake patterns and two others with birds, which makes me extremely happy.


Rebane is offering their Cory Dress. Red. as the free Flair For Events group gift, and it is adorable for any time of year. This strapless mini with flared skirt and rear bow beneath a small zipper will fit Belleza Classic, Belleza Curvy, eBody Reborn, Legacy, Perky, and Maitreya mesh bodies, and includes a zipper HUD with 4 metal options. The style and color combo makes me think of Valentine's Day, which will be upon us before we know it at this rate since time just keeps flying.


I really like 1 Hundred's general sexy vibe, and was delighted with their Baby Cakes Mini. Cherry gift! The dress and panty each come in sizes for Freya, Hourglass, Kupra, Legacy, and Maitreya mesh bodies. The plaid pattern makes me think of flannel, yet the styling is more flirty than cozy ;) I definitely enjoy the white insert in the front, and the delicate loose bows there and on each shoulder.


Next I slipped into the shimmery ::Saussi:: Romper Fabi (Nude) gift, with lots of cutouts in a soft peachy tone. There are Erika, Kupra, Legacy, Maitreya, Reborn, and Reborn Juicy sizes included, so this should fit a wide range of bodies and flatter all of them :) Such a unique style, it absolutely caught my eye.


For my final look of the evening, we take a look at both versions included in the Francesca Dress - Red gift from Beyond. The solid on the left above is a charming shade of red, while the pattern (right) is a yellow floral for a very different and equally beautiful look. Each is included in sizing for Kupra, Legacy, Perky, Maitreya, and Petite mesh bodies. The plunging neckline might be just right to showcase your favorite necklace, and the short skirt shows off plenty of leg :)

~SLINK NEWS~ If you haven't heard yet, the creator of Slink mesh bodies/heads, Siddean Munro, has retired from SL and the store is gone from inworld and the marketplace. By the time I found out this morning it was already past tense, so there was very little warning. I'm very sad that the past couple of years were so rough for her, and her 15 years of amazing contributions to SL are greatly appreciated. I am guessing that many designers will remove the bodies (mostly Hourglass, although Physique still shows up now and then) from their usual sizes since the bodies can no longer be purchased or redelivered and no support will be provided any longer for Slink products. I will of course continue to list all sizes offered for anything I blog, including the Slink pair and her newer Cinnamon Chai body if applicable, since we can still wear the bodies and clothe them how we wish. It is incredible to think about my journey with Slink fingernails, then hands and feet, then bodies as my introductions to mesh body parts...fond memories for sure. I wish her the best in all of her future endeavors.

Here we are, in a brand new year, and I cannot decide how to feel yet...somewhat positive, a touch anxious, and a smidge overwhelmed so far I guess. I had an intense dream that had me shaky when I woke up from it, so that got the day off to a strange start. Generally it was a good weekend though, and I am glad I went to the other farmers market for a change of pace with my usual one closed for the week. The chicken croquettes I got there really hit the spot for dinner tonight :) I hope you're all having a wonderful day/evening/New Year, many magical magpie hugs to everyone!!

Credits:
All Group Gifts from #BIGGIRL Event:

Photo 1:
Outfit: - pOOnsh - Rachel Dress (xmas) $0L Group Gift

Photo 2:
Dress: Rebane. Cory Dress. Red. $0L Group Gift

Photo 3:
Dress: 1 Hundred. Baby Cakes Mini. Cherry $0L Group Gift

Photo 4:
Outfit: ::Saussi:: Romper Fabi (Nude) $0L Group Gift

Photo 5:
Dress: .:Beyond:. Francesca Dress - Red $0L Group Gift

Mesh Nails: N.Kolour+KOSMETIK: Omega Coffin Nails - Medium // Maitreya
Head: LeLUTKA Fleur Head 3.1
Hair: TRUTH VIP Merry - Essential
Skin: 7 Deadly s[K]ins - BOWIEN cotton candy (BOM)
Ring: (BENTO)~~Ysoral~~ .:Luxe Ring Lyanna 4:. (Marketplace)
Body/Hands/Feet: Maitreya Mesh Body - Lara
All Poses: Verocity  (Various Sets)

No comments:

Post a Comment