Friday, January 20, 2023

Free Dove Gifts

 Hiya everyone! Tonight is a bittersweet post, as I am sharing some gifts from The Free Dove, whose owner passed away recently so the store is still there for now but it is unknown for how long. Her partner said that it was Dove's wishes that the store will not outlive her, since she poured her heart and soul into it. He is respecting her wishes, but does not know when the land is paid until, so it could vanish quickly or we could have the chance to visit for a while yet. I also would like to mention that there are several condolence books to sign near the entrances, so if you'd like to leave a few words they will be shared with her RL family as well. As much as this is hurting my heart (literally typing through tears), it means a lot to me to honor her memory and contribution to SL with my blog posts. As you probably already know, all of these gifts at The Free Dove are available for free with the "Blessed by a Dove" group tag active, and the group remains free to join while the store is still there. I believe Dove would be pleased that people are still enjoying her hard work while we can.


For my first look tonight, I am feeling fashionable in the [Vips Creations] - Female Outfit - [Vanessa] gift, one of several on their display. The dress comes in 5 standard sizes and one fitted version for classic avatars, along with Maitreya, Hourglass, and Physique mesh body sizing. The matching heels will fit Belleza, Maitreya, and Slink high feet, and truthfully with their neutral color might find their way into other outfits of mine also :) The glamorous style made me think awards shows, or maybe Met Gala?


Speaking of awards shows, does this remind anyone else of Jennifer Lopez and her famous Versace dress from the Grammys, the jungle green beauty? I know hers had sleeves but it has also been worn without like above. This is the [Vips Creations] - Female Outfit - [Artemis] gift, and like my first look it consists of a dress and coordinated footwear. The gown is provided in standard mesh sizes plus Belleza, Maitreya, and Slink mesh body versions, with black shoes in Belleza, Maitreya, and Slink high sizing. There is also a HUD with 6 colors to choose from, so we can change the look to suit our mood or personal favorites.


Nearby is the REED display where I selected their charming VIVI dress to share tonight, a strapless gathered mini with sweetheart neckline. We receive sizes for Freya, Isis, Venus, Maitreya, Hourglass, and Physique bodies in this gift, along with a HUD for 6 texture options. This is such a flattering style, especially for curvy silhouettes, and you know I'm loving that floral on the right!


Another display in the same general area is that of FurtaCor, so naturally I had to grab some of their lovely gifts to share :) This one is called :::FurtaCor:::Veronic Dress, and it includes eBody Curvy, Hourglass, Legacy, Perky, Maitreya, and Petite mesh body sizes. There's also a handy HUD with 15 terrific textures, and I was impressed by the variety. The ruched top and pert sleeves are very nice touches, and the lace hem trim is adorable. 


My final look of the evening is the :::FurtaCor:::Jojo Set which is on the same display as the previous treat. This one starts with the playful dress in eBody Reborn, Freya, Kupra (Bimbo, Low, Original, Flat), Kups A, Kups B, Legacy, Perky, Maitreya, Petite, and Flat mesh body versions, and a HUD with 15 ripped textures like on the left above and the same 15 without rips. Then we can add the BOM layer ripped stockings to match, and the bag I'm holding on the left above called chuck short handle POSE. That does make sense as it resembles 'chucks' sneakers and has a built in pose that is affecting both hands as you can see :) The dress is short and has a daring slit on the left side, with smaller notch on the right hip. I'm hiding my feet since without shoes you can see my flesh-toned toenails floating above the stockings, LOL, such a weird look and I keep forgetting to get/use the thing someone sells that hides them. I think it's a transparent applier for the toenails or something similar. I don't go barefoot in socks or stockings usually so it doesn't crop up often.

Whew, I am still feeling emotional and I'm planning on sharing more Free Dove gifts tomorrow so I need to prepare for another rollercoaster ride of feelings. Dove generally went by Pal (short for Palomma) or Dove, and I stuck with Dove since it appeals to the bird lover in me. Many of our conversations were brief, but those deeper ones really touched my heart and I will truly miss them. A few months ago she said her health was worsening, but somehow her passing was still a terrible shock to me. I wonder if being so soon after losing my godmother is making it worse, just this general sense of life being far too fragile lately, and I was unable to go to my godmother's funeral so there is a lack of closure there. It makes me want to contact everyone I've ever cared about and get all sappy on them ;) On a lighter note, Xan is being his usual supportive self, so I'm grateful to him as always. I hope you're all having a nice day/evening, many magical magpie hugs to everyone!!

Credits:
All Group Gifts from The Free Dove:

Photo 1:
Outfit: [Vips Creations] - Female Outfit - [Vanessa] $0L FreeDove Gift

Photo 2:
Outfit: [Vips Creations] - Female Outfit - [Artemis] $0L FreeDove Gift

Photo 3:
Dress: REED - VIVI $0L FreeDove Gift

Photo 4:
Dress: :::FurtaCor:::Veronic Dress $0L FreeDove Gift

Photo 5:
Dress: :::FurtaCor:::Jojo Set $0L FreeDove Gift

Mesh Nails: N.Kolour+KOSMETIK: Omega Coffin Nails - Medium // Maitreya
Head: LeLUTKA Fleur Head 3.1
Hair: TRUTH VIP Curious - Essential
Skin: 7 Deadly s[K]ins - MARYA cotton candy (BOM)
Ring: (BENTO)~~Ysoral~~ .:Luxe Ring Lyanna 4:. (Marketplace)
Body/Hands/Feet: Maitreya Mesh Body - Lara
All Poses: Verocity  (Various Sets)

No comments:

Post a Comment