Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Silk Road Hunt Travels Part 3

Hiya everyone! I'm still slipping my way through the Silk Road Hunt, finding some really innovative stores and a veritable goldmine of historical treasures. Allow me to show you some more goodies...

Here we see two different prizes, the beautiful toga and the majestic throne. The toga is from store #056 AdelleArts and comes in standard mesh sizes, and I am truly taken by the crisp linen texture which looks as though if I touched it, it would tickle my fingertips with its rich weave. I am seated upon prize #053 from [Park Place] and enjoying one of 10 female sit poses, there are also 9 male poses built in. Please excuse the poor editing of the shoes, included with the toga and meant for default feet, which I tried to fit to my Slink flat feet but I see a pinky toe popping out the side.

This pose made me chuckle so I just had to share it...this is the Roman Garden Chair from Zoe's Garden #052 with 14 sit poses, this one just happens to make me look like a bored and sleepy child ;) I love the marble texture, and the tassels on the fabric are a great little touch.

For more breathtaking beauty, this necklace from WILLOW is sure to catch your eye! Aptly named Blue Nebula, this is a welcome addition to my inventory and will be worn with as many outfits as I can reasonably match it to. I may go back when I have more lindens to see if they offer it in other colors, or have matching earrings, it's just that gorgeous.

A bit of explanation, when I reached store #064 in the hunt, Mountain Rose, I was surprised to discover that it hosts a 26 prize mini hunt. I cannot possibly show you that many prizes, hehe, and considering that some of them contained about a dozen pieces of furniture or several individual costumes, it would take me the rest of the month (the time frame of this hunt) to give you a fair glimpse at everything you'll receive if you find all 26 pyramids. Instead, I'll give you a couple of peeks and the heads-up that pretty much everything you see while exploring the landing area, can be found in one of those gifts! We've got Roman and Egyptian themed items, from army tents and weapons to Cleopatra's palace and bedroom with all furnishings. In the above photo, you'll see a stunning Cleopatra throne (love the peacock feather pattern on the seat!) and those guardian Bastet statues are built in. My costume is one of the several you'll find, Cleopatra Seductress, and includes the system layer top (PG version shown, sheer also included) and undies, skirt, snake bracelets, winged scarab necklace and earrings. This can be found in #20 of the mini hunt, the throne in #12. Now the crook & flail I'm holding is a separate gift, #18, and the pose to hold it is built in. I really love that, as I remembered from a trip to an Art History museum a few years ago that the crook and flail was a symbol of the Pharaoh's authority. Cleopatra simply must have it then :)

This photo honestly makes me laugh, as my initial intention was to show you a better view of the arm guards I'm wearing which are part of the very detailed Hatshepsut costume from prize #13 in the mini hunt, but my pose winds up looking more like my avi is pleading for mercy after being caught playing in someone else's closet! I had to google to find out that Hatshepsut was a pharaoh with a very long and prosperous reign, remarkable for a female in her time. My costume seems to be as one of her soldiers, and includes the breastplate shirt (system layer) and a solid purple shirt not shown, underpants, helmet, arm guards, belt, Legionaire cape, and toga bottom with or without armor (with is shown). This is for adult female avis, there are also male versions and all in other sizes as well.

Whew, this was quite a post! I'm eager to get this posted and do anything I can to take my mind off that Game of Thrones finale...I watched it on my tivo a few hours ago, despite the internet making sure I knew almost everything to expect. I hope you all had a decent Monday, magpie hugs to everyone!

Credits:
All Prizes from the Silk Road Hunt VI: The Roman Empire:
Photo 1:
Outfit: AdelleArts Silk Road VI Hunt Female Prize  $0L Prize #056
Chair: [Park Place] Silk Road Golden Throne  $0L Prize #053

Photo 2:

Chair: *ZG* Roman Garden Chair from Zoe's Garden  $0L Prize #052

Photo 3:

Necklace: ~*W I L L O W*~ Treasure of Silk Road necklace - Blue nebula  $0L Prize #059

Photo 4:

Outfit: Mountain Rose Cleopatra Seductress  $0L Store #064 Mini hunt #20
Throne: Mountain Rose Cleopatra's Throne  $0L Store #064 Mini hunt #12

Crook & Flail w/Beads Scripted  $0L Store #064 Mini hunt #18

Photo 5:

Outfit: Adult Hatshepsut  $0L Store #064 Mini hunt #13

Nails: ~*By Snow*~ Slink Nails Appliers - French Natural *FREE Gift* $0L Marketplace
TRUTH HAIR Ishya- gingers (available at ~uber~)
Skin: .::WoW Skins::. Nicole Tan CL
Lips: [:T:] Parted lips {free from TULI skins} Parted lips 1  $0L Marketplace
Hands: Slink AvEnhance Hands Female-Casual
Feet: Slink AvEnhance Feet Female Flat

No comments:

Post a Comment