Sunday, December 2, 2018

December Means Advent Time

Hiya everyone! Today I have a special edition post, done in the morning because of the very time-limited nature of the featured offers. It is a very exciting time in SL, with so many designers helping us prepare for the holidays with Advent calendars. Some require a group tag to claim the many gifts, while others are available to all, but I will be sure to let you know which are which. I will also let you know if the groups needed have a fee to join or not, to help you decide and be prepared. I'd also like to share the two guides that have been very helpful to me: FabFree and Holiday Advent-ure. Many stores sell the prizes after their initial day has passed, so if you miss one but really want it I suggest you check to see if it's available for a small cost.


Our first stop is [>Ma'De<] where you will find an Advent calendar for their group members, which fortunately is free to join. Give the correct date a click with your group tag active, and you can claim today's gift of a lovely, flirty black dress. It comes in sizes for eBody Curvy, Freya, Isis, Venus, Maitreya, Hourglass, and Physique, all with that tulip hemmed skirt and slender spaghetti straps. This calendar runs up until the 24th, so there are still 3 weeks worth of treats to anticipate.


Next we have a striking dress from the Susie's Shoppe Advent calendar, their Bluemoon dress. There is no group tag needed, just click the 2 for today's date and you'll receive this maxi dress with built in sheer top layer. It comes in standard mesh sizes plus Freya, Isis, Venus, Maitreya, Hourglass, Physique, and TMP sizes, and I can see enjoying this style year round.


One of the Advent calendars I've been looking forward to from previous years is at Eclectic Stars, where none other than Deadpool is posed seductively in front of a fireplace in the background image for the Advent calendar board. The store bills itself as a little bit cheeky, many bits geeky, although today's gift of their Zelda - Enchanted Forest dress is simply delightful. It is included in fitmesh standard sizes as well as Freya, Isis, Venus, Maitreya, Hourglass, Physique, TMP, Tonic Curvy, and Tonic Fine versions. No group tag is needed, just find the right date (they aren't in the usual order) and give it a tickle.


Moonstar is another Advent calendar I've been visiting for years, and today's gift (no group necessary) is their *V* Snowman Fringe Dress. The fringe has a large snowman image on it, but the main pattern of the dress itself has a smattering of tiny snow people too. The dress is provided in standard mesh sizes plus Freya, Isis, Venus, Maitreya, Hourglass, and Physique versions.


For my final look of the day, I am doubly excited because I get to show off two different Advent calendar gifts. On the left is the top from Sweet E's, their Gift 2 Amelia Top which says "Let It Snow" next to a cheery sledding snowman. It comes in Freya, Isis, Venus, Maitreya, Hourglass, Physique, TMP, Tonic Curvy, and Tonic Fine versions, and you do not need a group tag to claim it. The sweater on the right, which is long enough to double as a dress, is an Advent gift from Applique` Chic called AC: Jolly Sweater Pink. The seasonal knit is so attractive in the pink and white combo, and it comes in plenty of mesh sizes for all: standard, Freya, Venus, Maitreya, Ocacin, Hourglass, Physique, Tonic Curvy, Tonic Fine, and Voluptuous. No group tag is required to claim this either, and prior gifts will be available for $10L each as the days pass by. 

I had a random weird SL thing happen, and I'm wondering if any of you have experienced the same thing...I was in the process of teleporting around to the many Advent calendars, and after one of them I realized that most of my avatar had gone missing. My Maitreya body was detached and its HUD, my hair was gone, I was only wearing one hand and no feet, my dress had vanished, and my mesh head/ears were still attached but the AO HUD and facelight for it were gone. I thought maybe they didn't feel like rezzing, like they were there but invisible, but they really were no longer attached or in the "worn" tab of my inventory. I sure looked interesting...

Yesterday was a busy one for sure, with all of my time basically either out and about, or trying to catch up on sleep. I didn't manage to get as much sleep as I needed, so I'm pleasantly surprised to still be awake and able to get this post together :) I really enjoyed my afternoon, and I hope you have all been having a terrific weekend. Many magical magpie hugs to everyone!!

Credits:

Photo 1:
Dress: [>Ma'De<] Dec 2, 2018 GIFT $0L Advent Gift

Photo 2:
Dress: Susie's Shoppe 2 Bluemoon Dress $0L Advent Gift

Photo 3:
Dress: Eclectic Stars - Zelda - Enchanted Forest $0L Advent Gift

Photo 4:
Dress: Moonstar *V* Snowman Fringe Dress $0L Advent Gift

Photo 5:
Top Left: Sweet E's Gift 2 Amelia Top $0L Advent Gift
Top Right: Applique` Chic AC: Jolly Sweater Pink $0L Advent Gift
Pants: Delizio - Jeans + Applier for Maitreya + Omega (shown in Black) $0L Marketplace

Head: [GA.EG] Barbara Bento Mesh Head
Hair: TRUTH HAIR Farryn - Redhead 
Skin: 7 Deadly s[K]ins - LIVA dew (Omega head/body)
Eyes: Angel Eyes [AE] Spring Eyes Brownies $0L Free Dove Gift
Ring: (BENTO)~~Ysoral ~~ .:Luxe Ring Lyanna 4:. (Marketplace)
Body: Maitreya Mesh Body - Lara
Hands: Slink AvEnhance Hands Female-Casual (UPDATED 3/8/2017 to Dynamic/Bento)
Nails: Slink Utilities HUD
Feet: Slink AvEnhance Feet Female Deluxe Pack
All Poses: Verocity (various sets)

No comments:

Post a Comment