Friday, January 17, 2020

Let It Snow Hunt

Hiya everyone! Tonight I start exploring the Let It Snow Hunt 3 path, where we are looking for happy little snow people with red Santa hats and purple scarves. The hunt object is a flat prim image, so they can hide pretty easily behind things or underneath places. When you find them, you will get to claim a prize from each for just one linden, an impressive value for that low cost. The website has the links and some previews, and let's not forget the handy hints to help you find these goodies.


My first visit was to [Ari-Pari], where I found their well hidden snowperson that holds their exclusive gift called Winter Sweater Dress. It comes in Freya, Isis, Venus, Maitreya, Hourglass, and Physique sizes, with a HUD that lets you pick from 8 colors for the background of the snowflakes. The knit texture looks so cozy, and such a flattering style.


Next we take a look at the PHE: prize called Poncho_Knit Shirt. There poncho and knit shirt are two separate pieces, each in sizes for Freya, Isis, Venus, Maitreya, Hourglass, Physique, Tonic Curvy, and Tonic Fine. There is a HUD included too, which unfortunately would not rez the texture for me (sometimes SL acts goofy, I tried removing and re-adding it along with right clicking from inventory and refreshing textures but no luck) so I am not certain what all it does. There were at least 3 colors I found by clicking blindly, and one area seemed to hide the long poncho completely. Such a pretty look in any color!


'Tis the season for sweaters, and I am wild about this one from Applique` Chic. Their hunt prize is the Icy Argyle Sweater, provided in regular and loose versions (regular shown above) each in Freya, Hourglass, Legacy, and Maitreya sizing. I had a family member who was known for wearing argyle socks, and the fondness stuck with me it seems :) The colors look terrific together, cool and soothing. You can pair this with just about any jeans, leggings, pants, or even a simple skirt from your wardrobe, and in my case I went with the Delizio jeans found for free on the marketplace, in black.


There are two prizes at Harambee-Gwassi Charity Store, and I noticed that they are very close to each other so be sure to follow the hints to find the correct one :) This is the female prize called RedSatin strapless MiniDress & shoes, and I enjoy the high-low hem and layered style of the beautiful dress. Said dress comes in fitmesh standard sizes as well as eBody, Freya, Isis, Venus, Maitreya, Hourglass, Physique, TMP, Tonic Curvy, and Tonic Fine body versions. The matching heels have versions with and without the bows, each in Belleza, Maitreya, and Slink High sizes. If you peek at the top of my left heel, you will see that I am wearing the version with bows above. 


My final look of the evening comes from the snowman at The Sissy Bar, called (TSB) Let It Snow Outfit. This one piece shirt and leggings set comes in standard mesh sizes plus Belleza, Maitreya, and Slink versions, and features lovely flakes on the 3/4 sleeve V-neck top. This outfit will keep your warm and looking hot. 

It was a tiring but decent day, other than my favorite hockey team having a really rough game after doing so well last night. I would guess that they were tired from 2 games starting 23 hours apart, with travel in between. Meanwhile I am looking forward to a busy few days myself, well I have to get as much done as possible before a snowstorm hits so this hunt was very timely. I could use these outfits in RL this weekend! I am sitting here listening to the wind howling outside, and bundling up because it is getting colder and colder. I hope you're all having a lovely day/evening, many magical magpie hugs to everyone!!

Credits:
All Prizes from the Let It Snow Hunt:

Photo 1:
Dress: [Ari-Pari] Winter Sweater Dress $1L Hunt Prize

Photo 2:
Top: PHE: Poncho_Knit Shirt $1L Hunt Prize

Photo 3:
Top: Applique` Chic Icy Argyle Sweater $1L Hunt Prize

Photo 4:
Outfit: Harambee-Gwassi RedSatin strapless MiniDress & shoes $1L Hunt Prize

Photo 5:
Outfit: The Sissy Bar (TSB) Let It Snow Outfit $1L Hunt Prize


Pants Photos 1&2: Delizio - Jeans + Applier for Maitreya + Omega (shown in Black) $0L Marketplace


Head: GENUS Project - Genus Head - Classic Face W001 - Mocap 
Hair: TRUTH HAIR Kitten - Redhead 
Skin: 7 Deadly s[K]ins - MAZE cotton candy (system layer for BOM)
Ring: (BENTO)~~Ysoral ~~ .:Luxe Ring Lyanna 4:. (Marketplace)
Body: Maitreya Mesh Body - Lara
Hands: Slink Dynamic Hands Female
Feet: Slink AvEnhance Feet Female Deluxe Pack
All Poses: Verocity (various sets)

No comments:

Post a Comment