Thursday, July 9, 2020

Chilling at Home

Hiya everyone! Tonight I chose some Stay at Home Club gifts to share, from the Apparel section of their website. I do suggest peeking at all their categories though, as you never know what you'll find that will appeal to you personally. These gifts are free with no group tag needed to claim them, and a thoughtful way to lift people's spirits during these upsetting times. I am very grateful to all the designers who are participating, whether I have taken advantage of their gift yet or not :) 


My first look of the evening is the gift from Addicted Apothecary, who are new to me so I was extra excited to visit their store for my first but not last time. This is their [AA] Stay at Home Gift which consists of the knit halter and overalls, each in a Maitreya size. The top has a heart-shaped rib cage with the words "Love Conquers All" surrounding it, and the back left pocket of the overalls has a happy little multicolored daisy embroidered on it. They are a quirky and fun combination, but you can also pair either item with whatever you wished if this look doesn't quite match your aesthetic. 


This next look brings out the magic lover in me. It is from Grumpy Cat which seems to be the kids division of Tiar, and it includes the dress and a matching unicorn headband you can see above. The dress comes in kids sizes BB and TD, while the ladies' version shown here is in Freya, Isis, Venus, Maitreya, Hourglass, and Physique sizing. The headband can be edited to resize (stretch) it and move it to the perfect height for your head and hairstyle, and the colors are so cheerful that it makes me smile.


If I had to choose just one word to describe this gift from Korpokkur House, I think it would be feminine. It is simply called SunDress and is provided in sizes for Legacy Perky, Maitreya, and Slink Physique mesh bodies. The beautiful pink floral pattern with lots of greenery is complemented by the peachy trim and belt/bow without being super matchy-matchy. It really is a lovely offering for these warm summer days.


TrendZy Apparel has two Stay at Home gifts waiting for us, starting with the TA Absentee Dress 1 seen here. The tight black dress says "Let's Stay Home" in red writing across the midriff, and has two separate ruffles so you can wear with or without either. The dress and both ruffles (labeled skirt 2 and skirt 3) are each included in Freya, Isis, Venus, Maitreya, Hourglass, and Physique sizing. On the right I removed the bottom ruffle so you could get an idea of what that asymmetrical hemline looks like without it, and I chuckled when I realized how much shorter it appears that way ;)


Their other gift is my final look of the evening, the TA Absentee Dress 2. It is very similar to the first one, as indicated by the name, with a soft whitish silver trim and text color instead of the red. This treat comes in the same sizes and with the same separate ruffle pieces, so if you were feeling particularly creative you could always mix and match the components :) I always encourage creativity, and for people to think outside the box when it comes to their individual fashion sense. 

Because of a dentist visit tomorrow, I have decided to take the evening off from blogging in case I need a little extra rest to sleep off the nitrous ;) This morning I almost thought I wouldn't be able to blog tonight, because SL had some problems that all struck during their off-hours for support. Rezzing/wearing anything was impossible, and there were login issues too apparently. Fortunately my patience paid off and I was able to visit all these wonderful stores and wear their gorgeous clothing to share. I hope you're all having a safe and pleasant day/evening, many magical magpie hugs to everyone!!

Credits:
All Gifts for the Stay at Home Club:

Photo 1:
Outfit: Addicted Apothecary [AA] Stay at Home Gift $0L Stay at Home Club

Photo 2:
Dress/Headband: GrumpyCat *GC* Tiar Stay at home club gift $0L Stay at Home Club

Photo 3:
Dress: Korpokkur House [KH] SunDress $0L Stay at Home Club

Photo 4:
Dress: TrendZy Apparel TA Absentee DRESS 1 $0L Stay at Home Club

Photo 5:
Dress: TrendZy Apparel TA Absentee DRESS 2 $0L Stay at Home Club


Head: Genus Project - Genus Head - Classic Face W001 - Mocap 
Eyeshadow: alaskametro<3 Summer Beauty Book - eyeshadow 3 FIT B $0L Wearable Demo
Hair: TRUTH HAIR Eternity - Brunette
Skin: 7 Deadly s[K]ins - GENIE dew (system layer for BOM)
Ring: (BENTO)~~Ysoral~~ .:Luxe Ring Lyanna 4:. (Marketplace)
Body: Maitreya Mesh Body - Lara
All Poses: Verocity (Various Sets)

No comments:

Post a Comment