Wednesday, October 6, 2021

Time For Shop and Hop

 Hiya everyone! Tonight we begin exploring the Halloween 2021 Shop and Hop event, an extravaganza that is open the entire month of October with 14 full regions (sims) filled with designers offering sales items and free gifts. Every round of Shop and Hop makes me extremely happy, since I find a few stores that are new to me among plenty that I am already glad to be familiar with. Guys and gals will find treats here, from clothing to accessories to home decor and more. The regions are decorated for the spooky season, including giant spiders in the center of many so consider that a warning for arachnophobes. I am okay with the pixel/virtual kind but not the real life ones, so I just scooted past their long legs without being upset. You might also see ghosts, zombies, blood and gore, all your typical Halloween atmosphere components. Most of the designers are offering free gifts with no group needed, while a few have ones for their store group either instead of or in addition to a non-group goodie. There are some extra bargains near some of the free gifts too, like I saw several in the range of $10L. I find it easiest to keep the gifts sorted by region, so I am showing you one at a time to help you find them. Tonight I'm sharing several from the Snapdragon region or sim :)


My first look is the fantastic TO.KISKI gift called Tyra dress / Cherry. It starts with the shiny metallic dress with its single long sleeve, in sizes for Belleza Hourglass, Legacy, Maitreya mesh bodies, then continues with the matching strappy sandals in the same sizing. We can accessorize with the cat ears headband which is unrigged to adjust as needed, and three sets of bento pose hearts in Cherry and Magic. The cherry are solid colors to match the rest of the set, and the magic ones read "Life is Magic" in beautiful script. There are lots of fun possibilities here!


Next I changed into the striking AtaMe - Lilly Fat Pack dress which puts me in mind of a fairy with petals for a skirt. The dress is provided in Kupra, Legacy, and Maitreya sizes, with a HUD offering 5 metallic colors for the top, 7 hues for the skirt, and 4 transparency levels to choose from for that skirt. The corset style top looks terrific in all the metals, and the skirt is a bold shape that is sure to get noticed.


*Lurve* has a gift that is sure to turn heads, their Forever Loved Gown - Halloween Edition. It has bold stripes and a delicately etched inset on the front of the long skirt, and includes not only the gown but an embroidered shawl that you can add or take off, your choice. There is a Medium size for classic avatars, as well as Freya, Isis, Venus, Maitreya, Hourglass, and Physique mesh body sizes. Gorgeous! I feel like I should be a hostess introducing performers at an old timey Halloween carnival, which might be a thought inspired by those dramatic stripes. 


It is also fun to combine gifts when we can, as I have done here :) The top is the gift from LYBRA named JESSI GIFT HALLOWEEN, a fun single shouldered tank in sizes for Kupra, Legacy, Maitreya, and Petite bodies. There is also a HUD included with 6 patterns in various colors, two seen above, all just right for Halloween. I am wearing it with the ::C'est la vie!:: Starry Tights, which are more the stockings type of tights than the leggings style I initially thought they were ;) They are all system/BOM layers in 4 colors: black, pink, purple, and white, each with a golden design of stars and the moon around the lower thigh. When I wear these in public, it will be beneath a dress or tunic that is short enough to show off that great detailing.


My final look this evening is actually a perfect example of what else to wear those C'est la vie tights with! Our gift from UNA. is their Pumkin Jersey, a knit top with pretty boat neck styling and a jack o'lantern face on the front. There are Legacy, Perky, Maitreya, and Petite sizes each in blue (left above), green (seen on the right above), orange, pink, and yellow. The half and half coloring is such a fun touch, and it carries over to the back but without the carved face because each sweater only needs one of those and it needs to see where we're going ;) 

My day was productive if not altogether enjoyable, and I have started taking a supplement (includes glucosamine and chondroitin) for my painful fingers that may be arthritis. Typing is uncomfortable so I am a bit slow, and I might start taking more days off from blogging than my one-a-week if I need to rest my hands. For now I am trying my best and still have lots that I want to share, so I will persevere. It will take a few weeks before I know if the new supplements are helping, so patience is crucial. No RL plans until Friday, so my main goal will be resting, especially since very loud construction will be interfering with my sleep for a few days so the water company can replace old pipes on my street. Safe drinking water is certainly important so it's all good. I hope you're all having a great day/evening, many magical magpie hugs to everyone!!

Credits:
All Gifts from Shop and Hop - Snapdragon Region:

Photo 1:
Dress: TO.KISKI - Tyra dress / Cherry $0L Shop&Hop Gift

Photo 2:
Dress: AtaMe - Lilly Fat Pack $0L Shop&Hop Gift

Photo 3:
Dress: *Lurve* Forever Loved Gown - Halloween Edition $0L Shop&Hop Gift

Photo 4:
Top: LYBRA JESSI GIFT HALLOWEEN $0L Shop&Hop Gift
Pants: ::C'est la vie!:: Starry Tights $0L Shop&Hop Gift

Photo 5:
Top: UNA. Pumkin Jersey $0L Shop&Hop Gift

Head: GENUS Project - Genus Head - Classic Face W001 - Mocap 
Hair: TRUTH Farryn - Redhead
Skin: 7 Deadly s[K]ins - ADORABLE cotton candy (BOM)
Ring: (BENTO)~~Ysoral~~ .:Luxe Ring Lyanna 4:. (Marketplace)
Body/Hands/Feet: Maitreya Mesh Body - Lara
All Poses: Verocity  (Various Sets)

No comments:

Post a Comment