Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Medieval Fantasy Hunt XIV

Hiya everyone! One of the current free gridwide hunts I have been working on is the Medieval Fantasy Hunt XIV - Story of Salem. There is a focus on the macabre this time of year, which is generally not my thing I admit, but I am fascinated by history and this hunt is rooted in a sad, dark time in the past. I was a bit thrown by the hunt object we're searching for being a pyre, which I initially saw as a misshapen broom (I'm sure that amused Xan when he had to correct me, LOL) but it serves as a reminder of a past we never want to relive. That said, let's move on to the prizes I am sharing tonight!

This gown is absolutely incredible, so please do click the photo to see a bigger and better view. This is the prize from irrISIStible, #34 in the hunt, and includes the beautiful mesh gown along with a prim pelvis attachment and prim spine (flowers at the waist and cleavage) and the flexi skirt. I showed it in the middle without any attachments, and with the lovely lacing in the back I couldn't resist sharing a rear view. Another thing I noticed is that the dress is very figure flattering!

Our next look is prize #32 from Kitty Creations, called The Chattel of Salem. The ladies' prize includes the mesh Yearning top and skirt plus Chattel sleeves each in standard sizes, along with the Medieval Iron open collar with scripting that was looking for RLV and turned itself off when it found none. I really like the separate pieces, which will allow for more flexibility so I can leave off the sleeves if I choose or wear the top with something else, and the collar can be omitted for a sense of freedom.

This lovely gown is the gift from {Acios} and is simply named Salem Witch Dress. They are #18 in the hunt path. This elegant prize has a popular style, with the attached cape trailing gently behind.

If the word "witch" makes you think of spiders and pentacles and dramatic high collars, this dazzling dress might be just what you're looking for. Tamiron Forge (#25) is offering this dramatic gift for the ladies, with a system layer top and prim sleeves, a mesh skirt in standard sizes, a collar attachment, the triple chain belt with resize script, and matching pentacle earrings. Be sure to notice the deep plunging neckline with the visiting spider hiding in there ;)

Nail note of the night: for simplicity, I went with the Slink default HUD and used their deep red for the first photo, a neutral French mani for the rest, and the stiletto setting for added drama. I have a skin note of the night too, as I am wearing the new group gift from WoW skins, which is not free to join but all previous group gifts are always available. There are lucky chairs and boards that don't require the group, and some boards plus Midnight Mania boards that do.

The subject matter of the hunt makes me think back to being a teenager or maybe even younger, and walking to my local library (this was before the internet and google, hehe) and reading all the books I could on witchcraft. My town was just small enough that the librarians knew my mom and decided to express their concern to her, but she is awesome enough that she just replied that I am an avid reader and it's not a problem if the books were age appropriate like no nudity or adult language. They weren't the only books I read, but she was more concerned about the racy romance novels! Oh well, I do hope you're all having a great day/evening, magical magpie hugs to everyone!!

Credits:
All Prizes from the Medieval Fantasy Hunt XIV - Story of Salem:

Photo 1:

Dress: irrISIStible Mesh Dress  $0L Prize #34

Photo 2:

Outfit: Kitty Creations - The Chattel of Salem  $0L Prize #32

Photo 3:

Dress: {Acios} Salems Witch Dress  $0L Prize #18

Photo 4:

Dress: Tamiron Forge [TF] The Witch  $0L Prize #25

Hair: TRUTH HAIR Demelza - gingers
Skin: .::WoW Skins::. Natasha Tan GG October CL
Hands: Slink AvEnhance Hands Female-Casual
Feet: Slink AvEnhance Feet Female High

No comments:

Post a Comment