Thursday, October 8, 2015

More Medieval Fantasy Hunt

Hiya everyone! I have more prizes to share from the Medieval Hunt XIV - Story of Salem. There are a wide variety of gifts to be found, obviously I mainly focus on the fashion but I've found some fun home decor too for example. You never know what you'll find in these hunts, and sometimes a picture on a hunt blog doesn't even capture the full scope of what a gift looks like or does. I love when they surprise me!

This stunning gown is an exclusive prize from C&N called Larunna, and they are #14 in the hunt. You will receive it in standard mesh sizes for a fine fit. The colors and pattern are lovely, and it looks as pretty from the back as it does from the front. I accessorized with the prize from #17, Chaos, Panic & Disorder! They have included a mens and womens version of their Wooden Pentacle Necklace (I'm sure you can guess which I'm wearing) and the beads are a really nice touch.

This elegant costume is our gift from #38 Tayren's Fantasy Fashions, and it is called Plague Witch (a mens version called Plague Warlock is also included). It is a wonderfully thorough gift, consisting of not only the mesh gown in standard sizes, but also the mask, pentacle necklace, and tintable hair in 3 sizes to fit nicely beneath the hood of the gown. The mask triggered a partial memory so I wound up doing some googling, and it served as an interesting reminder that witch persecution does predate Salem, and this mask stems from a time in Europe when they believed witches were to blame for the plague, and the beak part of the mask held scented herbs to protect doctors from the bad smells that they believe infected people with the plague. The necklace is also quite striking, with the moon as an addition to the pentacle, which I would interpret to symbolize the Goddess within everything, including the elements represented by the pentacle. I can't speak for the creator's intention, that is merely my guess :)

A new-to-me location called Taufells provided this appealing trio of Arwen dresses, which certainly made me smile. This is #41 in the hunt path, and they have provided not only these gowns in green, purple, and red as shown (standard mesh sizes of each), but a men's prize and a shield with an owl design on it. I love the little details, like how the design isn't quite identical for each color variation so it really is 3 different versions. 

Before I wrap up with the credits, may I offer you a beverage? This tray is our gift from Kittycat's Creations (#45) and is called Banke of Brewes, and our detail-oriented brewmaster has included a notecard explaining that these are all ales that were available during that time frame, and because they are called Sixe-shilling Beere, Shilling Ale, Half-penny Ale, and Penny Ale, the name Bank fell into place quite nicely. She does a remarkable amount of research before creating any of her products, and I guess that's why I love showing you her work. Each has its own cup (stein?) and they are wearable and throwable (and spellfire scripted), so I suggest being a nice host while offering these or you might get bonked in the head ;) When your guest clicks a drink, it disappears from your tray and is offered to them in their inventory, but don't worry it will reappear shortly on the tray so someone else may choose it as well. 

Nail note of the night: same as last night, I went with a French manicure from the default Slink HUD for simplicity. These historical themed outfits don't seem like they'd need nail art to complement them, hehe.

Busy day, glad it's the halfway point of the week because I have some fun plans on the horizon this weekend. I hope this week has been good to all of you so far, magical magpie hugs to everyone!!

Credits:
All Prizes from the Medieval Fantasy Hunt XIV - Story of Salem:

Photo 1:

Dress: C&N Exclusive female outfit Larunna  $0L Prize #14
Necklace: Chaos, Panic, & Disorder! :*:CPD:*: Wooden Pentacle Necklaces  $0L Prize #17

Photo 2:

Outfit: Tayren's Fantasy Fashions Plague Witch  $0L Prize #38

Photo 3:

Dress: Taufellser Arwen Dress  $0L Prize #41

Photo 4:

Tray: Kittycat's Creations Banke of Brewes  $0L Prize #45

Hair: TRUTH HAIR Ami - gingers
Skin: .::WoW Skins::. Natasha Tan GG October CL
Hands: Slink AvEnhance Hands Female-Casual
Feet: Slink AvEnhance Feet Female High

No comments:

Post a Comment