Wednesday, May 6, 2020

Hair Toss, Check My Nails

Hiya everyone! Tonight I was in the mood for some new manicures, so I headed to the Accessories tab of the Stay at Home Club website where I found plenty of gifts related to our nails among the wide selection. Of course, I had to find an outfit in Apparel first so I wasn't showing off more than just my fingertips ;) There are plenty of free gifts available with no group tag needed, so I am very grateful to the designers who are making this possible. It has been a long couple of months, and it is refreshing to see them doing things to try to cheer us up and enhance our Second Life experience.


Our first stop is Mishmash Fusion, where I was delighted to claim 2 gifts located outside their main entrance. The dress is called ~*MF*~ Confess Mini - Dark Red, and includes standard mesh sizes as well as Freya, Isis, Venus, Tonic Curvy, and Tonic Fine body fits. It has spaghetti straps and a black bow to match the ruffle at the very short hem. The other gift is the ~*MF*~ Addicted Heels - Red and Brown, strappy sandals in sizes for Belleza, Legacy, Maitreya, and Slink high feet. These can easily be worn together, and I am guessing you have other wardrobe staples in your inventory that you might like to pair them with as well :) I find that red is generally a flattering color for most skin tones and hair colors.


I found this fun gift on the Accessories page too, the *~*HopScotch*~* Staying at Home - Cuddle Pillow. It has a built in hold pose as shown above, and says "Staying at home is my jam!" which I agree with now and did before this mess too ;) The golden lettering is striking against the black background of the pillow. I had to laugh when I realized that the pillow almost covers my entire dress, I promise I am still wearing it under there!


Now let's take a closer look at one of the nail sets I claimed from among the generous gifts :) These are the Ahroun Designs gift called [AD Originals] Ballerina Silver & Gold Nails, and they are easy to wear- just add the correct size once you hide the nails built into your mesh hands. The gift consists of Belleza, Legacy, Maitreya, and Slink versions, plus a HUD with 4 pale metallic hues for all the nails at once. For this image (and the one following) I took two separate photos and shared a piece of each, layered together, as you can only wear one color at a time. These are so luxurious!


Another terrific set of nails can be found at {WitchCraft}, their Baby Boomer Bento Ballerina Nails. The long dramatic nails come in sizes for Belleza, Legacy, Maitreya, and Slink hands (just hide the nails built into your hands and then add these) with a 6 color HUD. They are all pretty pastels that fade to white tips, very nice for spring. 


My final look this evening is our gift from Xxxstasi called Peachie Empire/Omega, and yes it is an Omega applier for your hand's built in nails. I am wearing these with my Slink hands, I believe Maitreya and Omega nails are different size textures and therefore not compatible so I do suggest making sure that your nails are in fact Omega compatible :) There are 3 gorgeous designs on the applier HUD, and I absolutely cannot pick a favorite. The heavy dose of glitter, the realistic blossoms, or the peachy pink with circular glitter (sequins?) at the base of the nail? ♥ I will definitely be back to shop for more nail art in the near future. This vendor is one of the ones that you will need to pay $1L, but it will be instantly refunded while your gift is being delivered so it is still free.

I have been trying to check the news less often the past few days, since it is probably just contributing to my anxiety. I have people in my life who share links and screenshots of news articles regularly, so I will certainly still be informed. I hope you're all staying safe and having a nice day/evening, many magical magpie hugs to everyone!!

Credits:
All Gifts for the Stay at Home Club:

Photo 1:
Dress: Mishmash Fusion ~*MF*~ Confess Mini - Dark Red $0L Stay at Home Gift
Shoes: ~*MF*~ Addicted Heels - Red and Brown $0L Stay at Home Gift

Photo 2:
Pillow: *~*HopScotch*~* Staying at Home - Cuddle Pillow $0L Stay at Home Gift

Photo 3:
Nails: Ahroun Designs [AD Originals] Ballerina Silver & Gold Nails $0L Stay at Home Gift

Photo 4:
Nails: {WitchCraft} Baby Boomer Bento Ballerina Nails $0L Stay at Home Gift

Photo 5:
Nails: Xxxtasi Nail PeachieEmpire/Omega $0L Stay at Home Gift


Head: GENUS Project - Genus Head - Classic Face W001 - Mocap 
Hair: TRUTH HAIR Elixir - Redhead 
Skin: 7 Deadly s[K]ins - EVERLASTING cotton candy (system layer for BOM)
Ring: (BENTO)~~Ysoral ~~ .:Luxe Ring Lyanna 4:. (Marketplace)
Body/Hands/FeetSlink Hourglass Physique Mesh Body Bundle (Redux) V4.0.1
All Poses: Verocity (various sets)

No comments:

Post a Comment