Monday, August 28, 2017

Around The Grid Again

Hiya everyone! Tonight I am taking another trip around the grid, courtesy of the Around The Grid 5 Hunt that is, with each participating store holding a $1L hidden balloon and a $25L version on the sign in case you prefer not to search for the concealed one. There are hints on their website and on the signs at each location, and I find it helpful to see the examples on each sign of the hunt object. The prizes are worth so much more than the single linden they cost, indeed even more than the $25L if you opt to purchase instead of hunt, so I was delighted to choose another handful of prizes to share with you tonight. I also indulged in the newest Truth hair release, and you are about to see just how versatile the new Lady hairstyle can be.


First I visited Cherry's Blossom and found their hot air balloon, containing this charming Taylor Dress ATG Hunt. It includes standard mesh sizes plus Freya, Isis, Venus, Maitreya, Hourglass, Physique, and TMP versions, so you should be able to find your ideal fit. Those shiny apples almost look like hearts at first glance, and the simple belt is a lovely touch.


Get Frocked is offering a fun retro dress too as their hunt prize, simply called Around The Grid Gift, in versions for Belleza, Maitreya, Slink, and 5 standard fitmesh sizes. The slim dress style is very flattering and accentuates our curves beautifully. I also played a bit with the stylist HUD for my new hair, changing the bangs to another of the 6 (!) choices.


I also visited Brii Underground to find their generous gift, a full outfit called Liberata Urban Style Complet Outfit that includes the clothing and accessories seen here. The top comes in what I call the lucky 13 of mesh sizes (5 standard, 5 fitmesh, Belleza, Maitreya, Slink) and the cropped pants are in even more sizes: 5 standard, 5 fitmesh, Freya, Isis, Venus, eBody, Ocacin, Maitreya, Hourglass, Physique, TMP, Tonic Curvy, and Tonic Fine. Also included are the sunglasses, bracelets for each wrist, necklace, shoes for Belleza, Maitreya, Slink, and Tonic sizes, and even the Omega applier for the makeup I am wearing here. I love having everything I need in one folder, an easy way to look chic in a snap.


Then I found myself happily visiting Ollies Follies again (I recently showed you their FabFree group gift) to track down the hidden $1L hot air balloon there, and I adore their prize for this hunt! It is called Dandy Daisy Skirt Set ATG, and there are two size sets included, one for classic bodies and the other for mesh bodies. The classic holds standard mesh sizes of the skirt, tee (left), and tank top (right) seen here, while the mesh body set has Belleza Freya, Belleza Isis, Belleza Venus, Maitreya, Hourglass, Physique, and TMP versions for each piece. The front of the tank has the same woven texture of the back rather than a daisy to match the pockets of the skirt and the front of the tee, so you can decide how floral you are feeling at the moment. 


The Harry Potter series holds a special place in my heart, so this prize from Sweet Peach definitely called to me as soon as I saw the preview photo on the hunt website. It is called "I Swear" Lacy Mini Dress, and comes in standard mesh sizes as well as Freya, Isis, Venus, Hourglass, Physique, and TMP fits. Also provided is a HUD with 4 choices for the design color: white with white lace as seen on the left, white with black lace, blue with black lace (right), and red with black lace. Please note the little footprints above and below the banners with the words on them, another marauder's map reference that made me smile. 

Hair note of the night: as I made note of a bit already, this is a new Truth Hair release named Lady with a delicious retro/rockabilly flavor. The stylist HUD is the most thorough I've seen yet, with so many options like 6 for the bangs including none at all, 3 different whisps (short and long by the ears, and the ones at the nape) and straight or up and curled for the ponytail ends. The headband can be turned on or off too, and there is a separate accessories HUD for the colors of the headband and the little hairband holding the ponytail itself. I wore my group tag when I picked it up at their mainstore so I even earned a bit more store credit :) It is a very versatile style and I am always in need of updos for showing you the backs of my outfits as well as the fronts.

Tonight's post is delayed because I was distracted by the Game of Thrones season finale, #sorrynotsorry LOL ;) Okay I do feel bad for running late, and I'd never post spoilers for anything out of respect for any readers who may want to watch but have not yet. All I will say is that some things about the episode made me very happy, others tugged at heartstrings, and it is going to be a long wait for the final season. I hope you have all had a fantastic weekend, magical magpie hugs to each of you!!

Credits:

Photo 1:
Dress: :Cherry's Blossom: Taylor Dress ATG Hunt $1L Hunt Prize

Photo 2:
Dress: {Get Frocked} Around The Grid Gift $1L Hunt Prize

Photo 3:
Outfit: Brii Underground **LIBERATA URBAN STYLE COMPLET OUTFIT $1L Hunt Prize

Photo 4:
Outfit: Ollies Follies Dandy Daisy Skirt Set ATG ~OF~ $1L Hunt Prize

Photo 5:
Dress: Sweet Peach SP~"I Swear" Lacy Mini Dress $1L Hunt Prize

Head: [GA.EG] Barbara Bento Mesh Head
Hair: TRUTH HAIR Lady - Redhead (New Release)
Skin: 7 Deadly s[K]ins - Blair Apricot (Omega head/body)
Eyes: * Inkheart * - Soul Eyes - Dawn $0L Midnight Mania Prize
Ring: (BENTO)~~Ysoral ~~ .:Luxe Ring Lyanna 4:. (Marketplace)
Body: Maitreya Mesh Body - Lara
Nails: Slink Utilities HUD
Hands: Slink AvEnhance Hands Female-Casual (UPDATED 3/8/2017 to Dynamic/Bento)
Feet: Slink AvEnhance Feet Female Deluxe Pack
All Poses: Verocity (various sets)

No comments:

Post a Comment