Sunday, October 11, 2020

They Did The Monster Mash

Hiya everyone! Tonight we are doing the Monster Mash, not the song exactly but a $1L gridwide hunt called Monster Mash Hunt. Each store has a hidden hunt item for $1L with the option to purchase it instead from near the sign for $25L if you prefer not to hunt for it. And what are we looking for? That would be a cute ghost peeking out from behind a bare tree with a bright full moon above him, probably looking for some monster friends to play with :) For now he is playing hide and seek with us though, and the hunt's website will provide the links to each store as well as hints and even previews of most of the prizes he is holding. I also have something very special to show you tonight, an outfit that is part of a charity sale near and dear to my heart. 



First we have the jacket/tank top combo from ZFG called Carbon, which can be yours for just $1L if you find the hidden one or $25L if you purchase from near the hunt sign. It comes in Freya, Hourglass, Legacy, and Maitreya sizes, with a HUD that lets you change the tank top texture to your choice of 8 monochromatic patterns. With its neutral colors, the possibilities are endless to pair it with, whether you are in the mood for classic jeans or a fun skirt. I am wearing it with the black jeans from the Delizio marketplace gift fatpack that finds their way here quite often.



Maybe pumpkins are one of your most preferred signs of this spooky season, well have I got a prize to tempt you with! This is the Go Frock Yourself treat called GFY-Pumpkin Patch Deep Cut Mini Dress, with a name that sums up the description very nicely. It is provided in standard mesh sizes along with Freya, Isis, Venus, Maitreya, Hourglass, and Physique versions, all with a HUD offering 7 color choices for the lush velvety background. The two I picked for the above image are probably less traditional Halloween hues, although the dark blue reminded me of a night sky.



Cats n' Kittens Boutique was inspired by Alice in Wonderland it seems, and is offering their CnK: We're All Crazy Here as the Monster Mash hunt prize. It comes in sizes for Freya, Isis, Venus, Maitreya, Hourglass, and Physique mesh bodies, and is decorated with several cheshire cat eyes and grins. A bit of advice I will give you to help find this particular prize is to make sure you are using your camera controls and looking both high and low. 



It certainly would be a shame if you missed out on this hunt prize from Shame ;) This is their Jackie MonsterMash Dress, including Freya, Isis, Venus, Maitreya, Hourglass, and Physique mesh body sizes. There is an intricate design on the front of the skirt, most noticeable being the star with an eyeball peeking out from the center. That might be an ouroboros surrounding it, a (winged) serpent biting its own tail which I believe symbolizes infinity, life and death. 



For my final look of the evening, I would like to invite you to visit the ACS I Pink I Can event. That would be the American Cancer Society, and our event is for breast cancer research which I have several reasons to feel passionately about. Many of us have lost friends or family to that disease, or are lucky enough to have survivors among our loved ones (my 94 year old grandma is a survivor!) so I am eager to spread the word. My outfit here is the exclusive offering from Entice, their Only Exception Top & Skirt - Bubblegum. For a $150L donation, all of which goes directly to the charity, you will receive the full skirt and two versions of the striped top, with and without the heart on the front, each in Freya, Hourglass, Legacy, and Maitreya sizing. I recommend using the red arrow from your map to find this specific item, and I also urge you to enjoy browsing and see if you can find other ways to contribute to this worthy cause. There are raffles and gachas, and the vendors are offering a wide variety of items in more than just the color pink. I entered a couple of raffles for gift cards from different stores, and played a couple of random gachas while I was there this morning.

I am feeling like I am running behind tonight, as I have been fairly distracted while working on my post here. It hasn't been anything negative, just various conversations and things that needed my attention. I have a few things planned for the upcoming week, which means relaxing tomorrow will be even more appreciated. The weekend is flying by, isn't it? I hope you're all having a terrific day/evening, many magical magpie hugs to everyone!!

Credits:
All Hunt Prizes from the Monster Mash Hunt:

Photo 1:
Top: ZFG CARBON $1L Hunt Prize
Pants: Delizio - Jeans + Applier for Maitreya + Omega (shown in Black) $0L Marketplace

Photo 2:
Dress: Go Frock Yourself GFY-Pumpkin Patch Deep Cut Mini Dress $1L Hunt Prize

Photo 3:
Dress: Cats n' Kittens Boutique CnK: We're All Crazy Here $1L Hunt Prize

Photo 4:
Dress: :Shame.: Jackie MonsterMash Dress $1L Hunt Prize

Photo 5:
Outfit: Entice - Only Exception Top & Skirt - Bubblegum $150L ACS I Pink I Can Event

Head: GENUS Project - Genus Head - Classic Face W001 - Mocap 
Hair: TRUTH HAIR Kaijah - Redhead
Skin: 7 Deadly s[K]ins - FLORAL marshmellow (system layer for BOM)
Ring: (BENTO)~~Ysoral~~ .:Luxe Ring Lyanna 4:. (Marketplace)
Body/Hands/Feet: Maitreya Mesh Body - Lara
All Poses: Verocity  (Various Sets)

No comments:

Post a Comment