Saturday, July 22, 2023

Marketplace Gifts

 Hiya everyone! Tonight just felt like a "stay at home, relax and prepare for the weekend" kind of evening, so I perused the Marketplace for some new gifts. I also changed into my Legacy mesh body, so that was a part of my search too. Some of the ones labeled legacy are actually for the free TMP body, so it was important to try each of them on to make sure which ones where for which version. It is always intriguing to see what is new on the marketplace since some designers are there rather than having an inworld store. I also sometimes just don't want to have to teleport too many places on a weekend since it can be more crowded/laggy, which makes the marketplace a nice alternative. 


First up, we see the *CK* Savage dress CAMO gift from Candy Kitten. The slip dress has dramatic slits on each thigh, and the neckline is trimmed in lace that can be tinted black or white by using the included HUD. There are sizes for Kupra, Legacy, Maitreya, and Petite mesh bodies of this flirty treat. It may be camouflage but I can guarantee you won't blend in ;)


Next I changed into the Sin Original - Lexi - [FREE GIFT 1] set, a terrific find whose top and panty each fit Belleza Classic, Belleza Curvy, Legacy, Perky, Maitreya, Reborn, and Juicy mesh bodies. Their dark floral pattern is trimmed in bright orange lace and bows, so eye-catching and fun for any time of year. The way the tails of the bows curl down made me smile, and I'm realizing I have no idea if that is the correct term for those parts or not. I used to visit this store inworld quite often, so it is always a pleasure to see their creations.


This gift wasn't even brand new, but there is a timeless appeal that is amplified due to the new movie ♥. This is the [GIFTS HOME] FREE I'm a Barbie! (T-Shirt), a white tank top with pink text and deeper pink trim. It comes in Freya, Isis, Venus, Legacy, Maitreya, Signature, Hourglass, and Physique mesh body sizes, and the arm openings are cut rather low so it is surprisingly sexy :) The Delizio jeans that appear here on my blog often seemed like the perfect choice, but you can wear this top with just about anything you wish and look perfectly put together. There is a small part of me that will always think of SL as getting to play with virtual fashion dolls, even though we all know it's so much more.


The Kira Couture Summer gift is a playful mix of sporty and sexy styling, thanks to the tank dress being gathered on each side and tied at the hips while trimmed in white. There is an 11 color HUD so you can choose your favorite hue, all of which have the same white trim and an image on the front that looks like it says "London Soho 09 Fashion District" although I did see it as a 69 at first. The flowers over top made it hard for my old eyes to see it clearly ;) This gift contains sizes for Freya, Isis, Kupra, Legacy, Perky, Maitreya, Petite, Hourglass, and Hourglass Petite mesh bodies and a standard fitted version, in addition to the aforementioned HUD. It isn't even the only free gift I saw from Kira Couture, so be sure to explore their marketplace store.


My final look of the evening is the amazing ::TD:: Sofia Dress Outfit {Mesh} - 1 gift from Tiffany Designs. There are so many noteworthy details, like the midriff opening on the dress that makes it appear like two pieces from the front, with slender waist chain peeking through, or the fact that it includes shoes in the exact matched floral pattern! The dress is provided in Erika, Gen X Classic, Gen X Curvy, Gen X Curvy Dainty, Kupra, Kupra Bimbo, Legacy, Nerido, Perky, Maitreya, Petite, Peach, Reborn, and Reborn Juicy mesh body sizes, in other words lots of options. The heels will fit the same bodies, there are just fewer total sizes because some of those mods or alternative sizes just affect the bust. I'm torn between wearing this outfit or the Barbie shirt all weekend, LOL!

Everyone seems to be discussing one of the weekend's big summer blockbusters lately, although almost all the talk I've seen has been about Barbie. My housemate saw Oppenheimer last night after midnight, and definitely enjoyed it but has said very little to me about it other than it being intense. I had Barbie dolls as a kid, and her smaller competition called Dawn dolls (no, I wasn't named after them LOL) which were only 7" tall so the clothing was smaller too. There is a sentimental attachment for me, so I will certainly be seeing the movie when it's possible for me to do so from home. I hope you all have a beautiful weekend ahead, many magical magpie hugs to everyone!!

Credits:
All Free Gifts from SL Marketplace:

Photo 1:
Dress: Candy Kitten *CK* Savage dress CAMO $0L Marketplace

Photo 2:
Outfit: Sin Original - Lexi - [FREE GIFT 1] $0L Marketplace

Photo 3:
Top: [GIFTS HOME] FREE I'm a Barbie! (T-Shirt) $0L Marketplace

Photo 4:
Dress: Kira Couture Summer $0L Marketplace

Photo 5:
Outfit: Tiffany Designs ::TD:: Sofia Dress Outfit {Mesh} - 1 $0L Marketplace

Head: LeLUTKA Fleur Head 3.1
Hair: TRUTH Eternity - Essential
Skin: 7 Deadly s[K]ins - MARLIE cotton candy (BOM)
Ring: {Carter} Wedding Zoe (Legacy) (Marketplace)
Body/Hands/Feet: [LEGACY] Meshbody (f) Special Edition (1.6)
All Poses: Verocity  (Various Sets)

No comments:

Post a Comment