Monday, July 8, 2024

Malus Park Summer Camp

 Hiya everyone! Tonight I'd like to invite you to the Summer Camp Hunt at Malus Park, which is open for the entire month of July. There are rolled up sleeping bags in various colors that serve as our hidden hunt objects, in the southwest corner of the Malus Region. This includes their Zen garden, memorial garden, The Refuge, and oceanside dock so you know where you're exploring :) All of the prizes are $10L or less, and I must say they are all worth far more than that! We are able to find some terrific bargains, just by searching for the sleeping bags. The website can help you with hints for some of the prizes and preview images, and you'll notice that several designers are offering multiple prizes/bags so be sure to follow those hunt keys :) We have two relatively new nail artists among the designers too, so my fingertips are feeling extra fancy!


My first look combines two of the prizes from Designs by Danielle, of which there are a total of 5 which are $10L apiece. The DANI Camp Memories Tank says, "Here's to the nights we can't remember with friends we'll never forget" and I almost want to toast to that with a beer ;) It brought back fuzzy but fond memories for sure. There are sizes for Freya, Hourglass, Kupra, Legacy, Perky, Maitreya, Lara X, and Petite X mesh bodies. It pairs really well with the DANI Camo Camp Shorts, which are found in a different sleeping bag and have just the right pattern for camping in the wilderness. These fun shorts will fit Freya, Hourglass, Kupra, Legacy, Maitreya, and Reborn mesh bodies. I'm a bit of an odd duck in that I have a sentimental response to camo print, thanks to military family members like my dad.


Guess what else those shorts go well with? I mean yes, everything LOL, but specifically here I am referring to all 5 prizes from The Bold Llama T-Shirt Co. which are $10L each and all exclusive to this hunt. I'm wearing their CACTUS ROAD Tee on the left, and SUNSHINE & GOOD TIMES Tee to the right. They are each provided as an unpacker HUD so you can select just the sizes you need, so handy! There are 5 standard sizes for classic avatars, as well as sizing for eBody Classic, eBody Reborn, Waifu, Legacy, Perky, Maitreya, Petite, Lara X, Petite X, Hourglass, Physique, and TMP mesh bodies. I just realized what CACTUS ROAD reminds me of - the opening lines of Hotel California! On a dark desert highway, cool wind in my hair...you're welcome for the earworm ;) I can definitely get behind the idea of sunshine and good times, both RL and SL.


I'm definitely getting a lot of use out of the DANI camo shorts, as they appear here again with our Around The Campfire Women's Shirt from Psyche's Pstyles. They have a men's version too in another sleeping bag, each $10L, and this cozy layered cutie comes in a fitmesh M size along with eBody, Freya, Isis, Venus, Legacy, Maitreya, Ocacin, Reborn, Hourglass, Physique, TMP, Tonic Curvy, and Tonic Fine mesh body sizes. The front reads "Life is better around the campfire" and makes me picture that woody smoky smell and roasting some marshmallows for smores. 


If my mention earlier of the words "new" and "nails" got your attention, here are two amazing manicures from Petalo! Their Mesh Nails. Siren Song. Short Almond are the pink and teal beauties on the left side of the image above, and the Mesh Nails. Sunshine Petal Pop. Short Almond are seen on the right. Would you believe these are only $5L each? Each will fit Kupra, Legacy, Maitreya, and Reborn hands, just use your body's HUD to hide the built in nails and add these. Both sets have wonderful color combos, and add a lovely glimmer to your fingertips.


My final look this evening has me swooning too, thanks to backSTORY and their versatile Summer Camp Nails prize. The mesh nails are designed for Alice 5.0, Belleza OG, Gen X, Kupra, Legacy, Maitreya, and Reborn hands, and include a HUD that offers 10 solid colors for the thumb and ring finger, plus 10 designs for the pointer, middle, and pinky nails. This means we get to adjust our accent colors to suit the pattern we select :) The tiny plaid print could be a nod to flannel which is great for camping in, or a gingham picnic blanket or tablecloth for the wooden tables you'll find at many campsites. More good news, there is another set in a different sleeping bag for the same $10L cost and equally beautiful designs and coordinated accent nail colors. Why are you not there yet hunting? LOL! Go go go!

Wow, what a weekend! My computer turned itself off in the wee hours of Saturday morning while I was in SL and on discord chatting with Xan, and we brushed it off as a one-time thing that could have been a small brownout that only affect my pc but not my lights. Sounds nice, but he signed off and I was still here doing blog related prep when it happened two more times in a 15-minute span. Uh oh, right? It would turn itself back on after a couple minutes, very odd behavior indeed. 2 hours later a fourth occurrence convinced me that the problem was the PC itself since the tv, fan, and lights all stayed on. Diagnosis - power supply needed replacing, blah. That was taken care of late last night, and things are going well so far, knock on wood, so I am very relieved. This kind of thing is why I feel like my middle name should be chaos, and it's a good thing I usually don't blog on Saturdays anyway. Oh yeah, and tonight the housemate (who weighs about 400 lbs., no exaggeration) stepped on my foot and one of my toes made a loud gross cracking sound. This was in the kitchen so hard tile flooring. It is sore and slightly bruised, but they don't really do much for broken toes anyway, so I am taking care of it at home by icing it and elevating it, keeping two toes taped together too. If things start looking or feeling worse, I'll have to do something about it, even if the agoraphobia fights against it. Sigh. I do hope you've all had a nice weekend, many magical magpie hugs to everyone!!

Credits:
All Hunt Prizes from Summer Camp Hunt at Malus Park:

Photo 1:
Top: DANI Camp Memories Tank $10L Hunt Prize
Shorts: DANI Camo Camp Shorts $10L Hunt Prize

Photo 2:
Top Left: The Bold Llama T-Shirt Co. CACTUS ROAD Tee $10L Hunt Prize
Top Right: The Bold Llama T-Shirt Co. SUNSHINE & GOOD TIMES Tee $10L Hunt Prize

Photo 3:
Top: Psyche's Pstyles Around The Campfire Women's Shirt $10L Hunt Prize

Photo 4:
Nails Left: Petalo. Mesh Nails. Siren Song. Short Almond $5L Hunt Prize
Nails Right: Petalo. Mesh Nails. Sunshine Petal Pop. Short Almond $5L Hunt Prize

Photo 5:
Nails: backSTORY - Summer Camp Nails $10L Hunt Prize

Head: LeLUTKA Fleur Head 4.0
Hair: TRUTH VIP Moment - Essential
Skin: .::WoW Skins::. .WS. ALMOND LILLY EVOX SKIN
Ring: {Carter} Wedding Zoe (Marketplace)
Body/Hands/Feet: Maitreya Mesh Body - Lara 5.3
All Poses: Verocity  (Various Sets)

No comments:

Post a Comment