Monday, July 11, 2016

Summertime Reminiscing

Hiya everyone! As I was taking the photos for tonight's blog earlier, it occurred to me that these looks all remind me of summer vacations, even if only one of them is a bathing suit. My family's tradition was to spend a week down the shore, and with that terminology you might guess that it was New Jersey since saying the shore rather than the beach seems to be a regional term. It in fact was New Jersey, not one of the more popular areas with a boardwalk but just a quiet and beautiful island (no connection to that reality show!). I would explore quaint shops in addition to enjoying the beach itself, and I have many cherished memories that these outfits seem to have evoked. If you are looking for something to wear while creating some new memories in SL this summer, here are some of my suggestions.

A visit to Kamiri is always worth the teleport, with a few group gifts available on each of the 2 floors and some gifts for other groups such as SLF&O and FitMesh Fanatics. Tonight I am showing you a couple from their own group, which is free to join, starting with the Manila Top and Leggings in Blue I am wearing above. This gift is provided in system layers along with a TMP applier and a multi HUD for Banned, Belleza, Slink, Maitreya, WowMeh, Omega, KL Lena, and G Inc. That is quite a list! I was amused that the abstract pattern made me think of waves and lightning at the same time, and I imagine everyone who looks at it will see something different. All I know for sure is that it's intriguing and quite pretty with the lace trim.

We can't head to the beach without a nice swimsuit, so luckily we can find one among Kamiri's lovely group gifts. This is their Nima Bikini Teal, in system layers along with a TMP applier and a HUD for Slink, Belleza, Maitreya, and Omega. I love the little bow in the center of the top, and the wide belt around the hips with the gemlike buckle. The color suits my hair, too!

In my tradition of exploring stores on vacations, let us head over to Punk JUSTUS where you can find two lucky chairs and a midnight mania board that changes often with no group needed for any of those. In addition, just before you reach the lucky chairs there are a few gifts free for everyone, again no group needed. This is one of them, shadow of you by Punk JUSTUS, and the casual feel with the bright color seem perfect for a vacation. It includes the mesh pencil skirt in several mesh sizes (5 standard, 5 fitmesh, Slink, Belleza, and Maitreya) along with the top in a system layer plus an Omega HUD and a Slink physique applier, and even the matching flip flops are included in Belleza, Maitreya, and Slink versions. I couldn't resist showing you the racer back styling of the tank top, love it!

Another of the generous free gifts you will find there is called sugar rush by Punk JUSTUS, and the gorgeous bright colors immediately brought a smile to my face. This gift includes the dress in what I think of as the lucky 13 mesh sizes (5 standard, 5 fitmesh, Belleza, Maitreya, and Slink) plus those great matching flip flops in Belleza, Maitreya, and Slink versions for many different flat feet. Those little tassels from the strings at the waist and inner sleeves are such a cute touch, and the low dip of the neckline makes me think it would make a wonderful coverup for a bikini such as the one I wore above. 

Well, I am almost done my regimen of antibiotics for the ear infection and laryngitis, and my ear is greatly improved but I still have a somewhat sore throat. I am patiently waiting for the healing to finish :) Meanwhile I am always looking for more things to share with all of you, very few free hunts these days so expect to see some carefully selected dollarbie hunt prizes soon. I hope you are all having a great day/evening, magical magpie hugs to everyone!!

Credits:

Photo 1:

Outfit: + Kamiri + Manila Top & Leggings Blue / Appliers $0L Group Gift (Free to Join)

Photo 2:

Bikini: + Kamiri + Nima Bikini Teal $0L Group Gift (Free to Join)

Photo 3:

Outfit: shadow of you by Punk JUSTUS $0L Free Gift

Photo 4:

Outfit: sugar rush by Punk JUSTUS $0L Free Gift

Hair: TRUTH HAIR Loni - gingers for the Fantasy Collective (until July 15th)
Nails: Slink Utilities HUD
Skin: .::WoW Skins::. V2 Patrizia Tan
Eyes: * Inkheart * - Fantasy Eyes - Brown (M)
Lips: Tuli [:T:] Teeth HUD
Body: Slink Physique Mesh Body
Hands: Slink AvEnhance Hands Female-Casual/Elegant 1
Feet: Slink AvEnhance Feet Female Deluxe Pack

No comments:

Post a Comment