Thursday, March 10, 2022

Standing with Ukraine

 Hiya everyone! Tonight my mind and heart are overwhelmed with sorrow for the people of Ukraine, and my post reflects that. I have seen it mentioned in group chats and blog posts to check the marketplace for gifts and items supporting Ukraine, and as the situation becomes even more volatile I really wanted to share some of these thoughtful offers. Now I am not political minded and generally avoid it on my blog as much as possible, but staying silent is not always the right answer. A simple search for the word "Ukraine" on the marketplace, then sorted by newest first, will show you many choices, then I further sorted by apparel then women's. Some of the non-free items indicate that their costs are being donated, something I definitely appreciate, so keep an eye out for that if you feel the same. I stuck with the free ones for my blog post, but also purchased some charity items that caught my eye. You might also see donation kiosks in various locations as well, so let your heart lead you. I know this is an unusually somber post for me, but I feel it is necessary, and will hopefully have a more lighthearted post tomorrow ♥. 


My first look of the evening is the .MKN. Pray For Ukraine Outfit Gift, consisting of t-shirt and pants each in Freya, Hourglass, Kupra, Legacy, Perky, and Maitreya mesh body sizes. The shirt has a handprint in the Ukrainian flag's colors with "Pray For Ukraine" written next to it, and "I stand with Ukraine" in several different languages on the back. Our pants have blue and yellow stripes down each leg, track pant style, and a heart on the front with "I stand with Ukraine" above. 


Next we have two lovely shirts that I paired with my favorite marketplace jeans from Delizio, but you can wear these with many different bottoms. On the left is the BM Ukraine Tee gift from Baby Monkey, which is provided in system/BOM layers and there is a notecard inside with info on where you can donate in RL to make even more impact. The shirt reads #SlavaUkraini and We stand with Ukraine across the front, on the familiar blue and yellow of their flag. The gift from [TinRoof] is called "Stand" TShirt (Women), and yes there is a men's version available as well. This mesh shirt with cuffed short sleeves has a Ukrainian flag colored heart with "Stand with Ukraine" inside, and comes in standard mesh sizes as well as versions for eBody Classic, eBody Curvy, Freya, Isis, Venus, Kupra, Legacy, Maitreya, Petite, Hourglass, and Physique mesh bodies. 


Dark Angel is offering a pair of t-shirts with simple yet powerful images on them, their Pray For Peace Ukraine Tshirts - Free Gift. The heart and peace versions are each provided in eBody Curvy, Freya, Hourglass, Kupra, Legacy, and Maitreya mesh body sizes. It is hard to decide which one I like better, as these are two symbols that have been a big part of my life as long as I can recall.


The top on the left above is the Manikin - No War - Top - Female gift, and they are also offering a male gift on the marketplace so be sure to look for that too. This charming layered look has a blue bra beneath the black tank top, with "Say NO to WAR" emblazoned across it. The gift includes Freya, Isis, Venus, Legacy, Maitreya, Hourglass, and Physique sizes. Then on the right I changed into the Support Ukraine Women's Tank Top gift from Angel Fae, a cropped tank in soft white with a heart bearing the Ukrainian flag colors. It comes in standard mesh sizes along with Freya, Isis, Venus, Maitreya, Hourglass, Physique, Tonic Curvy, and Tonic Fine mesh body versions. 


My final look this evening is an outfit you can wear out to a club or date if you wish, while still showing your solidarity by displaying the Ukrainian blue and yellow colors. It is the E&E Eiko Dress Ukraine gift from Ella & Elle, who have provided the dress in sizes for Freya, Hourglass, Legacy, Perky, Maitreya, and Petite bodies, as well as shoes to fit Belleza, Maitreya, and Slink high feet. I love how the shoes are each one color lined with the other, and the single dress strap with midriff cutout makes for a head-turning look. 

I have had to take a few quick breaks while typing this post because I was getting teary, if that gives you an idea of how I am feeling about this situation. War is brutal and ugly, although I would rather be empathetic and able to feel hurt for the people of Ukraine than be the type of person who can turn off those feelings or not have them in the first place. My heart goes out to everyone involved, and it is my fervent hope that peace can be found again swiftly and safely. Sending tearful but hopeful magpie hugs to everyone!!

Credits:

Photo 1:
Outfit: .MKN. Pray For Ukraine Outfit Gift $0L Marketplace

Photo 2:
Top Left: Baby Monkey BM Ukraine Tee $0L Marketplace
Top Right: [TinRoof] "Stand" TShirt (Women) $0L Marketplace

Photo 3:
Top: Dark Angel : Pray For Peace Ukraine Tshirts - Free Gift $0L Marketplace

Photo 4:
Top Left: Manikin - No War - Top - Female $0L Marketplace
Top Right: Angel Fae Support Ukraine Women's Tank Top $0L Marketplace

Photo 5:
Dress: Ella & Elle E&E Eiko Dress Ukraine $0L Marketplace

Pants Photos 2-4: Delizio - Jeans + Applier for Maitreya + Omega (shown in Blue) $0L Marketplace

Head: GENUS Project - Genus Head - Classic Face W001 - Mocap 
Hair: TRUTH Friday - Essential [FLF]
Skin: 7 Deadly s[K]ins - BRIONIE cotton candy (BOM)
Ring: (BENTO)~~Ysoral~~ .:Luxe Ring Lyanna 4:. (Marketplace)
Body/Hands/Feet: Maitreya Mesh Body - Lara
All Poses: Verocity  (Various Sets)

No comments:

Post a Comment