Tuesday, May 24, 2022

FabFree and Freedom Rock

 Hiya everyone! Tonight I was in the mood for a bit of variety, so I started with some gifts for the FabFree group. This is the in-world presence of the fantastic FabFree in SL blog, a favorite of mine for the entirety of my time in SL, so naturally I highly recommend checking them out :) Their list of group gifts is constantly being updated, and I tend to scroll down a bit when selecting what to share with you because the slightly older ones are more likely to be changed sooner so I want to bring them to your attention while they're still available. An event that deserves your attention too is the ACS (American Cancer Society) fundraiser event called Freedom 4 Rock. Most of us have someone in our lives who has been affected by this dreadful disease, so raising money to help stop it is a cause that is dear to my heart. 


My first stop was Northern Sky Creations, where I claimed this beautiful NSC Sassy Dress Lilac as their current FabFree group gift. There are sizes for Freya, Venus, Maitreya, Hourglass, and Physique bodies included for this sexy halter with deep neckline and V waist above a tight mini skirt. This is one of my favorite shades of my favorite color, so you can imagine how happy this gift makes me.


I also visited BYRNE to pick up their SequinCrop Outfit gift for FabFree group members. The top and leggings are system/BOM layers, each in 4 colors so you can mix and match. There are blue, chart (top right, maybe short for chartreuse?), rose (left above), and silver (right pants). The sequins are such a fun and intricate texture, aren't they?


Next we head to Belle Epoque with our "I Am Fabulous" group tag still active, to claim their Samira - Olive gift. It is a lovely gown with plunging neckline and built in belt, whose skirt has a brief train and wrapped front. It comes in Legacy and Maitreya sizes, and I must say the color and style reminds me of palm leaves so it gives a tropical summery vibe. 


If you are in a floral mood, I suggest visiting Blink2Wink where you can find their FabFree Rose Dress seen above. This sleeveless beauty has a diagonal cut hem and tiny cutouts on both front and back, all in bloom with pink roses on a pretty blue background. Our gift fits Freya, Isis, Venus, Kupra, Legacy, Maitreya, Hourglass, and Physique mesh bodies. 


As I mentioned earlier, we are also visiting the ACS Freedom Rock 4 event where we can donate to an excellent cause in several different ways. Many talented designers are offering raffles in addition to selling items with full donations to the ACS, such as Entice ♥. They have two items you can purchase for $150L donation apiece, with the entirety of that price going to the charity. On the left above I am wearing the Entice - Shake it Out Dress - Blue dress, and the Tan version can be seen to the right. They each include the long sleeved dress and matching scarf in sizes for Freya, Hourglass, Kupra, Legacy, Maitreya, and Petite bodies, with an additional unrigged version of the scarf that has a resize HUD so you can adjust to suit any shape or size. The dresses look great with or without the scarf, and the design at the hem of the dress calls to mind the wild west theme of the event. Many thanks to Entice for their generosity! I have lost two grandparents to cancer, with the other two having battled it as well, and my 78 year old father is a recent cancer survivor so it is deeply personal and important to me. 

It was another hot one here and I did not sleep as well as I'd like, just not staying asleep once I finally drifted off. Tomorrow (well now today since it's past midnight here) is my parents' wedding anniversary, and I don't know if they are going to celebrate on the day itself or wait until the weekend. Speaking of weekends, mine is going to be considerably less pleasant since the housemate is having a visitor who I think of as the houseguest from hell. It still puzzles me how they became friends since the visitor is awkward and not friendly in the slightest. Maybe he was different back in high school when the friendship started. I will still be going to the farmers market, not sure what else to expect yet. Oh well, I hope you're all having a pleasant day/evening, many magical magpie hugs to everyone!!

Credits:

Photo 1:
Dress: Northern Sky Creations NSC Sassy Dress Lilac $0L FabFree Group Gift

Photo 2:
Outfit: (BYRNE) SequinCrop Outfit $0L FabFree Group Gift

Photo 3:
Dress: Belle Epoque - Samira - Olive $0L FabFree Group Gift

Photo 4:
Dress: Blink2Wink - FabFree Rose Dress $0L FabFree Group Gift

Photo 5:
Dress Left: Entice - Shake it Out Dress - Blue $150L ACS Freedom Rock 4
Dress Right: Entice - Shake it Out Dress - Tan $150L ACS Freedom Rock 4

Head: GENUS Project - Genus Head - Classic Face W001 - Mocap 
Hair: Magika - Oats
Skin: 7 Deadly s[K]ins - VAIANAI marshmellow (BOM)
Ring: (BENTO)~~Ysoral~~ .:Luxe Ring Lyanna 4:. (Marketplace)
Body/Hands/Feet: Maitreya Mesh Body - Lara
All Poses: Verocity  (Various Sets)

No comments:

Post a Comment