Monday, November 8, 2021

Jerky Turkey Hunt

 Hiya everyone! Tonight I am delighted to share some of the prizes I have found so far from the Jerky Turkey Hunt 11, where we are looking for the bright orange turkey feathers that the turkey has left behind in each store. We find them using the hints on the hunt's website, pay $1L, and receive a terrific gift as a reward for cleaning up after the jerky little turkey. There are previews of many of the prizes on the website too, and you will need to have it open to navigate from stop to stop with the provided links to each store. I can't believe they are up to the 11th round already when I distinctly remember the first one, I am feeling SL-old ;) It is a happy feeling too though, knowing that Grumble has been around that long and the designer has been organizing such fun events for us for over a decade.


My first look comes from the home of Evil Bunny Productions who bring us this hunt. That would be Grumble and their adorable TJTH11 Prize which consists of the cropped tee and flirty skirt, each in sizes for Freya, Isis, Venus, Maitreya, Hourglass, and Physique bodies. The shirt reads "Fall leaves & lattes please" and I must say I am all for that sentiment :) Personally I like a nice caramel flavor or toffee nut, how about you?


Next I headed to Indigenous and found their feather, so I could claim this lovely Paisley Pop outfit for just $1L. Its one piece jumpsuit is provided in Altamura, Freya, Hourglass, Kupra Original, Maitreya, and Petite mesh body sizes, with a system/BOM layer t-shirt to wear beneath if you wish. As you can see on the right, it is solid black with a hint of the same pattern as the jumpsuit at the neck band so it matches wonderfully. I appreciate the option of wearing this look two terrific ways.


BlondeQueen is certainly ready for the season with their BQ::Hazel Mini Dress:: Thanksgiving Day Beige&Brown prize. The beige version is trimmed with autumn leaves, and the darker brown has sleeves and neckline decorated with hats and brooms. Each comes in sizes for Freya, Isis, Venus, Maitreya, Hourglass, and Physique mesh bodies. The solid knit texture seems to accentuate every curve, which makes sense since knits can be playfully clingy.


The prize from Crayon's Closet is their My Autumn Dress, which includes the long sleeved mini dress and a panty liner (like a C-string, crotch cover with no sides) each in Alice, eBody Classic, eBody Curvy, Freya, Hourglass, Kupra, Legacy, Maitreya, Petite, Tonic Curvy, and Tonic Fine mesh body sizing. The print reminded me of wheat because of the brushstrokes and dots, and I really like the tiny pockets on the front. 


My final look of the evening is a closer view of the nails I've been wearing and enjoying tonight, which are a hunt prize too. They are the .:: StunnerOriginals ::. Bento Nails Mesh Rounded Long Trim which are provided in sizing for Alice, Belleza, Kupra, Legacy, Maitreya, Slink, and Star mesh hands. Just use your body's HUD to hide the built in nails, then add the correct size mesh nails. They also include a great HUD with 14 textures including two ombres, with a little something to match just about any outfit. They have a bit of pearly sheen to them, and the colors they chose for this set are all gorgeous. You can choose the nails individually to polish them or select all at once with the HUD, very handy :)

You know, I think my weekend actually felt a little longer because of the extra hour from Daylight Savings Time, which I'm sure is just power of suggestion but I am not arguing ;) In general I think DST is a royal pain in the rump, and the 'missing' hour in the spring does my head in each year. My favorite way to enjoy a dark autumn evening is with a hot cup of tea, coffee, or even cocoa, oohh and ginger snaps! A couple of the bakers at the farmers market make them closer to Christmas and it makes me so happy. I had a pretty good weekend, and have plenty of things planned for my next few posts including more prizes from this very hunt along with a few other exciting hunts. There is always something tempting happening in SL, for which I am infinitely grateful. I hope you're all having a fantastic day/evening, many magical magpie hugs to everyone!!

Credits:
All Hunt Prizes from The Jerky Turkey Hunt:

Photo 1:
Outfit: Grumble-TJTH11 Prize $1L Hunt Prize

Photo 2:
Outfit: Indigenous - Paisley Pop outfit $1L Hunt Prize

Photo 3:
Dress: BlondeQueen BQ::Hazel Mini Dress:: Thanksgiving Day Beige&Brown $1L Hunt Prize

Photo 4:
Dress: Crayon's Closet - My Autumn Dress $1L Hunt Prize

Photo 5:
Nails: .:: StunnerOriginals ::. Bento Nails Mesh Rounded Long Trim $1L Hunt Prize

Head: GENUS Project - Genus Head - Classic Face W001 - Mocap 
Hair: TRUTH Blush - Redhead
Skin: 7 Deadly s[K]ins - GRACEN marshmellow (BOM)
Ring: (BENTO)~~Ysoral~~ .:Luxe Ring Lyanna 4:. (Marketplace)
Body/Hands/Feet: Maitreya Mesh Body - Lara
All Poses: Verocity  (Various Sets)

No comments:

Post a Comment