Monday, May 29, 2017

Marketplace Holiday

Hiya everyone! It is a holiday weekend here in the USA, Memorial Day to be specific for all my wonderful readers in other areas of the world, and Monday is generally spent with friends and family at a barbecue, or at the beach enjoying the opening weekend for most of the seasonal stores and attractions. Meanwhile in SL, I decided to visit the Marketplace so I could pick up a few bikinis, and then I could head to a beach to enjoy my new swimsuits. The marketplace is terrific for when you aren't sure who will carry exactly what you need, or don't feel like teleporting multiple places which is something that can become difficult on weekends or when SL is crowded. This meant more time on my mini-vacation, which was at a beautiful place called Star Journey. There is a beach, as well as a nightclub, and many places to explore. In the short time I was there, I enjoyed the beach, had a drink at a tiki bar, went for a swim, found a waterfall with lightning (you will see that in a moment) and even found another hidden beach in I believe it was the SW corner of the sim. It is always worth a visit and I seem to find new things each time I'm there.


This was on the beach near the landing zone, which is not far from their nightclub. I am wearing a very generous Marketplace gift from Faboo named Batik Valentine Bikini. Yes, I do realize it is no longer Valentine's Day, lol, but hearts are always a welcome addition to my wardrobe :) Now this beauty includes system layers plus appliers for Phat Azz, Slink, Tangos, WowMeh, and Omega, and there are different versions of each part: bandeau top, string top, 2 string stop, hipster bottom, string bottom, and maui bottom. There are even several bows for the various versions. On the left I am wearing the bandeau top, hipster bottom, and hipster hip knots, while on the right is the string top and string bottom with bows for neck, back, and breast. So many ways to wear this amazing gift, it was hard to narrow it down to even these two looks.


I love the ocean, but I do get thirsty from the sun, so I headed to that tiki bar I mentioned earlier and changed into a more revealing swimsuit. This is the {B} Blue Polka Dot Bikini Free Gift and includes system layers as well as an Omega HUD. The color is flattering for many skin tones, and the style will certainly get attention too.


I wandered quite a bit, and found myself in front of a double waterfall with some intriguing weather...there are frequent flashes of lightning, which glimmer off the falling water in bright flashes of blue. I got changed again, this time into my new The Rose Bikini Rose, that is the store named The Rose and the bikini having its namesake image on each section of fabric, top and bottom. This one is for the mesh body wearers, a single HUD for Belleza, Maitreya, and Omega. I do appreciate finding such generous, high quality gifts!


This time I am holding my other hand out, feeling gentle raindrops falling on myself as well as the water around me. I am on a stone path that crosses this particular pond, and the sound of the rain was quite soothing while the visual beauty was just as enjoyable. I tend to wear brighter colors when it rains, almost as a contrast I think, so I happily slipped into this Marketplace free gift from Illusion Lingerie, their Pink Floral Bikini. There are flowers on the bank behind me, so that made sense too. This gift includes Omega, Belleza, Maitreya, and Slink HUDs so it is another gift for mesh bodies. The bold colors made me want to dance in the rain, just soaking it in and appreciating (virtual) nature.

It was quite a busy day in RL too, hehe, although there was no beach involved...just a barbecue with family, and a few games to help keep all our minds sharp (mostly my 90 year old grandma) and to provide some smiles. I almost demanded a revenge match in Uno, LOL! That, Yahtzee, and Pokeno were all part of the fun. I hope you all had a nice day too, Happy Memorial Day to those in the USA, and magical magpie hugs to everyone!!

Credits:

Photo 1:
Bikini: FABOO Batik Valentine Bikini $0L Marketplace

Photo 2:
Bikini: {B}BLUE POLKADOT BIKINI-FREE GIFT $0L Marketplace

Photo 3:
Bikini: THE ROSE BIKINI ROSE $0L Marketplace

Photo 4:
Bikini: Illusion Lingerie - Pink Floral Bikini $0L Marketplace

Head: [GA.EG] Barbara Bento Mesh Head
Hair: TRUTH HAIR - Imani - Redhead @ Uber Event until June 23rd
Eyes: * Inkheart * - Uran Eyes - Deep Sea $1L Peace by Peace 1 Hunt Prize
Skin: .::WoW Skins::. Sahra GG Gen Tan 2016 (Omega HUD)
Nails: Slink Utilities HUD
Body: Slink Physique Mesh Body
Hands: Slink AvEnhance Hands Female-Casual (UPDATED 3/8/2017 to Dynamic/Bento)
Feet: Slink AvEnhance Feet Female Deluxe Pack
All Poses: Verocity (various sets)
Photo Location: Star Journey

No comments:

Post a Comment