Monday, September 5, 2016

Time to Get Twisted

Hiya everyone! September has brought us a new round of the Twisted Hunt, the hardest hunt in SL, and so far it is living up to that proud reputation for me ;) They do recommend reading their website for information and guidance, and I agree with that one. This round is the 16th one and the theme is Divination, and the cube's color for the round is steel blue. This has led to plenty of fascinating gifts, and several designers have mini/side hunts to confound but reward you even more. I also suggest joining their inworld group so you can get a bit of help if needed. Time to see a random selection of gifts I have found so far...


It is still rather warm out here in RL but I know that cooler weather will be upon us soon enough, and this lovely fireplace will be a perfect place to gravitate towards in SL for the virtual comfort. It is our prize from Michigans Shack who are #07 in the hunt path, and it's called Regal Fire place. It has a land impact of 10, and there is a menu when you click the logs to adjust the flame (smoulder, extinguish, glow, etc.) and the main menu can be found clicking anywhere else. This offers several categories of poses, including scenes, dances, singles, friends, and cuddles. I am in one of the singles animations in the photo.


Here is a closer look at the gorgeous gown from #09 Goth1c0, which also has a men's prize but I am enjoying the Divination Long Gown very much here. It is provided in plenty of mesh sizes: standard, Belleza Freya, Belleza Isis, Belleza Venus, Maitreya, Slink Physique, Slink Hourglass and TMP. The deep colors combine beautifully, and the styling with the train adds drama. 


So this next prize has a winning combination of good looks and a cheeky sense of humor :) The lovely necklace is the Fortune Time Necklace from our starting location, Secrets of Gaia, and it comes in a scripted and a non-scripted version so you can decide which suits your needs of the moment. The fun part in the scripting is that it emotes one of 10 fortunes when you click it, and the ones I saw were clever observations that made me chuckle. I love the engraved look of the cookie, and I also have to mention that this photo gives you an even closer look at the amazing texturing of that dress from the previous photos.


Avatar Bizarre is our second stop on the hunt trail, and they are offering prizes for the men and the ladies (a very common occurrence in this hunt) so I am pleased to share the ladies' gift, the AB Cartomancer Gown. The name refers to someone who reads cards, either tarot or standard playing cards, which fits the Divination theme wonderfully. I love the dramatic red and black, and the unusual styling of this gown is intriguing for sure. Xan mentioned when he saw it that it reminded him of a Renaissance Harley Quinn, or did he say Medieval? Xan, love, I apologize if I'm slightly misquoting you but clearly I agree with the sentiment you expressed ;) This gown is provided in a single fitted size that worked out splendidly for me, so I hope you enjoy it as well.


I have one last look for the evening and it is a doozy! The prize found at #10 Fallen Gods Inc is a set of tattoos that cover a great area and feature some really interesting artwork. Called AUSPEX, these come in system layers plus appliers for Omega, Slink, and TMP. Even better for variety, they have been included in several colors...the blood henna I am wearing, black, blue old ink, green old ink, and white whose system layer indicates that it is tintable. These are designed to be unisex so that is good news for everyone. I still haven't quite mastered the layers/alpha thing with the Slink body and tattoos, so I realized that the back portion wasn't appearing when I wore the bikini top from my Alessandra marketplace gift (previously blogged many times, details in credits) so I removed the top to show you a closer look at that backpiece. Even our hands got a little love from this tattoo artist if you look at my left hand on the far right of the image.

My busy holiday weekend has wound down, my houseguest has begun the journey back home, and I am pondering what my week will hold. I know I'll have treatment on my foot twice to get that random inflammation to settle down, and I am relieved that someone believes something can actually be done to help it :) I'm too young at heart to feel this old, LOL! Please try to be kind to the people you come in contact with, you never know who might need a simple smile or friendly word and you could make a big difference. Magical magpie hugs to all of you!!!

Credits:
All Prizes from the Twisted Hunt Fall 2016:

Photo 1:
Fireplace: [Michigans Shack] Regal Fire Place $0L Hunt Prize #07

Photo 2:
Dress: Goth1c0: Divination Long Gown $0L Hunt Prize #09

Photo 3:
Necklace: Secrets of Gaia SoG Fortune Time Necklace $0L Hunt Prize #01

Photo 4:
Dress: Avatar Bizarre AB Cartomancer Gown $0L Prize #02

Photo 5:
Tattoos: Fallen Gods Inc. AUSPEX Tattoo $0L Prize #10
Bikini: ALESSANDRA - Essentials Bikini BLACK $0L Marketplace

Hair: Magika [01] Meadow
Skin: 7 Deadly s{K}ins - KLAASJE Caramel group gift September
Eyes: * Inkheart * - Fantasy Eyes - Brown (M)
Nails: Slink Utilities HUD
Body: Slink Physique Mesh Body
Hands: Slink AvEnhance Hands Female-Casual/Elegant 1
Feet: Slink AvEnhance Feet Female Deluxe Pack

No comments:

Post a Comment