Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Holiday Preparations

Hiya everyone! As you can see tonight, I am busy in the kitchen of my new SL home, and so grateful to Free Dove for being a one-stop shop for generous gifts from so many designers from all over the grid. I shared some of the gifts I picked out yesterday, and there were plenty more to have fun with tonight as well.


The turkey is in the oven, and I am nervously awaiting my guests so first I am trying on this adorable dress from Vintage Touch called Kohala Summer Dress in Bluebell which comes in standard mesh sizes. Now the aisles at Free Dove have signs above them so you know what to find in each section, and the dress was in the Womens Clothing section but the matching shoes for Slink Mid feet are found in the Womens Shoes area. They are Kohala Strappy Sandals in Bluebell, and made me feel very pulled together with coordinated shoes in that soothing blue shade.


Then I started worrying that maybe the dress wasn't quite formal enough, so I switched to this lovely gift from Snowpaws, their Keelie Mesh Gown in violet. The fabric looks so soft to the touch, and the belt is loose enough that I am not afraid of overindulging. There are 5 standard mesh sizes to be found in this sweet gift. Speaking of sweet, that pumpkin pie smells delicious...


I keep having to open the oven and it made it so hot in the kitchen, which led me to another idea...a shorter dress! Serendipity has an adorable frock called Lacey Dress Black which comes in standard sizes plus Maitreya, Slink Hourglass, and Slink Physique sizes so I was ready again in a snap. Just don't tell Xan that I swiped a taste of his potatoes au gratin, I simply couldn't wait!


I was still feeling too hot, and then I remembered this adorable skirt set I picked up at Free Dove by Baby Monkey, their Flirt Top and Flared Skirt in Poppies. The pattern is a delicate floral in such lovely colors, and the style is so alluring. Now to check on the stuffing, guests will be here any second.


So what's a gal to do when all her guests show up dressed casually? Pick another terrific outfit she found at Free Dove and do another quick change, that's what! This is the H.W Mesh Jeans and Cropped Top from !!smesh, and it may be casual but it also has some pizazz. The teal crop top comes in standard mesh sizes plus a fitted version, and the high waisted jeans with their attached double belt are included in what I call the lucky 13 of sizes (5 classic, 5 fitted mesh, Belleza, Maitreya, Slink). I love the unique styling of the top, and the wrinkled cuffs of the jeans are shadowed perfectly. The jeans are very flattering to my curves, too!

While my SL thanksgiving adventure has come to an end, my RL one is about to begin in a mere 12 hours or so. It will be several courses over several hours, from Italian wedding soup and homemade spaghetti and meatballs to the actual turkey and sides, it's a family tradition that amazes people and quite possibly scares them ;) I even skipped mentioning a few courses there, just to save you all from them. The important thing is spending time with family though, even if we don't always see eye-to-eye there is always love and loyalty there. That is all I wish for you, too, time with people who care about you ♥. If you are in the USA like me, I wish you a very Happy Thanksgiving, and no matter where you are I wish you a beautiful day filled with your favorite things. Magical magpie hugs to everyone!!!

Credits:
All Gifts found at Free Dove:

Photo 1:
Dress: Vintage Touch Kohala Summer Dress (Bluebell) $0L Free Dove Gift
Sandals: Vintage Touch Kohala Strappy Sandals (Bluebell) $0L Free Dove Gift

Photo 2:
Dress: Snowpaws - Keelie Mesh Gown - violet $0L Free Dove Gift

Photo 3:
Dress: *Serendipity* Lacey Dress Black $0L Free Dove Gift

Photo 4:
Outfit: Baby Monkey BM Flirt Top & Flared Skirt Poppies $0L Free Dove Gift

Photo 5:
Outfit: !!smesh ~ H.W Jeans and Cropped Top $0L Free Dove Gift

Hair: TRUTH HAIR VIP Sugar - gingers
Skin: .::WoW Skins::. V2 Stella Tan
Eyes: * Inkheart * - Eternal Eyes - Malice (Size M) $0L SLF&O Group Gift
Nails: Slink Utilities HUD
Body: Slink Physique Mesh Body
Hands: Slink AvEnhance Hands Female-Casual/Elegant 1
Feet: Slink AvEnhance Feet Female Deluxe Pack

No comments:

Post a Comment