Saturday, October 19, 2019

Halloween at Hello Dave

Hiya everyone! Tonight is a nail extravaganza, because I have several nail palettes to show you from Hello Dave from their Halloween hunt tradition. The mainstore is high in the air (3000+ m) above a magnificently decorated sim, Moochie, that you will be visiting after picking up your hunt kit from the mainstore. There are notecards and a map to guide you around the sim, and tell you what items you are looking for. Please note, I had Xan's help with this hunt (he is awesome at them!) and we both found it to be extremely difficult, in fact there are a few items out of the 18 that we never located yet. We have visited several times, spending multiple hours there, but I must admit it is beautiful enough that I do not mind being there ;) There are no hints, which adds to its challenging nature, so please be prepared for an intense search. I am a fan of teamwork as you can tell, and we are always in voice chat so we are not disrupting anyone else on the sim. Well, let's see a sampling of these hard-earned treats!


All of tonight's nail designs are shown on my Slink hands and the medium length of their standard shape. I mention that because tomorrow I will be showing more, but on Maitreya hands so you can see how well they work on those too :) These are the Hello Dave - Nail Appliers - Dark Fables - Hallowed, 5 designs on a HUD that works with Maitreya, Omega, and Slink. This one is a bit special since there is writing, there is a split palette with a left and right side of each button to get the lettering mirrored correctly (notecard included to explain). There are other varieties of the Dark Fables styling among our prizes too, which is worth noting.


These made me chuckle, as you can see our talented designer had considerable fun with the Jack O'Zombie nail appliers :) As with all of tonight's, the HUD is compatible with Slink, Maitreya, and Omega enabled nails/hands, and this set has a vivid yellow background for the zombie faces. 


I love the colors of this palette, which is a prize called Halloween Sorcery Sky nail appliers. 5 slightly different designs to mix or match, with a crescent moon on one of them (see my middle fingers) and plenty of stars and other symbols. 


Another fantastic hunt prize is the Hello Dave - Nail Appliers - The Witching Banished, in a radioactive looking shade of green with darkened edges and a line of letters down the center of each of the 5 designs. There are other background colors among the hunt prizes for this style as well.


My final look of the evening is the Haunted Pentacles nail appliers, 5 designs as with all of tonight's appliers. The stark colors are ideal for the sketched pentacles on three of the designs, and the other designs are solid colors that work well if you want to mix and match with accent nails.

Quick side note: sharp eyed readers may notice that you can almost see my shirt in the photos, so it is worth mentioning that I am still wearing the Trick or Treat Lane gift from Pink Cream Pie that I blogged yesterday. It is certainly appropriate with the seasonal nails, so I was happy to leave it on.

The weekend is here, and I am ready for a busy Saturday :) I am battling a headache right now, but with a little luck it will clear up before I have to go out in the morning. It's moving around, started in the front behind my eyes and worked its way back to my upper neck almost, while still clinging to the temples. I will be glad to kiss it goodbye. Meanwhile I hope you all have a wonderful weekend planned, many magical magpie hugs to everyone!!

Credits:
All Hunt Prizes from Hello Dave:

Photo 1:
Nails: Hello Dave - Nail Appliers - Dark Fables - Hallowed $0L Hunt Prize

Photo 2:
Nails: Hello Dave - Nail Appliers - Jack O'Zombie $0L Hunt Prize

Photo 3:
Nails: Hello Dave - Nail Appliers - Halloween Sorcery Sky $0L Hunt Prize

Photo 4:
Nails: Hello Dave - Nail Appliers - The Witching Banished $0L Hunt Prize

Photo 5:
Nails: Hello Dave - Nail Appliers - Haunted Pentacles $0L Hunt Prize


Head: GENUS Project - Genus Head - Classic Face W001 - Mocap
Hair: TRUTH HAIR Labyrinth - Redhead 
Skin: 7 Deadly s[K]ins - ZELLA cotton candy (system layer for BOM)
Ring: (BENTO)~~Ysoral ~~ .:Luxe Ring Lyanna 4:. (Marketplace)
Body: Maitreya Mesh Body - Lara
Hands: Slink Dynamic Hands Female
Feet: Slink AvEnhance Feet Female Deluxe Pack
All Poses: Verocity (various sets)

No comments:

Post a Comment