Saturday, January 6, 2024

Designer Showcase Gifts

 Hiya everyone! Tonight we're celebrating an anniversary, the Designer Showcase and their impressive 13 years :) That is such a wonderful accomplishment and I wish them continued success in the future. This round just opened and lasts till the 25th of the month, with several participants offering group gifts for the anniversary. You definitely don't want to miss out, as the group is free to join and these gifts are a great excuse to stop by and find yourself some new looks for the new year.


My first look of the evening is the Yuvitza DS Gift 2024 from Ghee. This lovely dress in dreamy teal will fit Kupra, Legacy, Maitreya, Petite, Pushup Nerido, Reborn, Reborn Juicy, and Reborn Mounds mesh bodies. The bra cups are slightly sheer and have a fun swirly pattern on them, while the solid colored skirt is accentuated with a slit on the left hip to show off even more skin.


Next I shimmied into my favorite Delizio jeans (well one of the many pairs you can find in their marketplace fatpack freebie) to share the Evergreen - DS GIFT '24 cropped sweater. There are sizes for Freya, Isis, Venus, Legacy, Perky, Maitreya, Petite, Hourglass, Hourglass Petite, and Physique mesh bodies included of this sweet white top with purple floral sprigs decorating it.


Sometimes it's extra fun to play with clothing that is not typically considered seasonal, as SL makes traveling to any climate as fast as clicking teleport :) With that in mind, I am happy to share the BQ::Abby Tank-Top:: Blue & Pink Pois duo from BlondeQueen. This gift does have both colors of polka dots to choose from, each in sizing for eBody Reborn, Waifu, Gen X Classic, Gen X Curvy, Kupra, Legacy, Perky, Maitreya, Flat, and Petite mesh bodies. I always wind up with humorous flashbacks to teenage Dawn and her best friends, when one of the friends was utterly obsessed with polka dots of all sizes and colors, and we spent a week on vacation together (with my parents and grandmother too) where every stitch of clothing she wore was polka dotted. Undies, nightgowns, bathing suits (beach trip), shoes, socks, it was wild!


Entice has a playful treat awaiting, as their gift is this One Love Dress - Mardi Gras in flirty style with eye-catching coloring. As a lifelong fan of purple, I think the colors for Mardi Gras have always appealed to me, so this is not sitting in my virtual closet to only be seen once a year :) It is provided in Freya, Hourglass, Legacy, Perky, and Maitreya mesh body sizes, with a HUD to toggle the built in panties on or off. I'm pretty sure that's not how you usually earn beads...


One final look tonight, I am dazzled by the beauty of the SASCHA'S DESIGNS gift called SAS - Hope Black Dress. My inner magpie definitely said "ooo sparkly!" as soon as I tried it on :) The fabric looks like it was crafted for royalty, or at least the upper echelon of society, with embossing and a scattering of sparkles. If you wear Freya, Gen X Classic, Gen X Curvy, Hourglass, Kupra, Legacy, Perky, Maitreya, Petite, Lara X, Lara X Petite, or Reborn mesh bodies, they've got you covered! Three cheers for Lara X compatibility, and an extra cheer for the Petite variation ♥.

Whew, the weekend is finally here! I had a nice dinner at my parents', chicken teriyaki with rice and veg, and we looked at some really old pictures that made me laugh. One of my birthday parties with a few kids from school had me struggling to recall who one of the little girls was, like she looked familiar but I was completely blanking on her name. She was a year younger so not in my class photos from that time frame, and I finally remembered on the way home that her name was Karen something. There's a name that we won't see given to babies again for quite some time, eh? I actually went to school with several girls named Karen, and none of them were mean or rude or anything like the meme personality. One was spelled Caryn and I always liked that version better as a kid. Oh well, I've got a shopping list to write up for the farmers market tomorrow (housemate goes for me since I cannot) and a dozen things to do in SL as always. Hope you all have a beautiful weekend, many magical magpie hugs to everyone!!

Credits:
All Group Gifts for Designer Showcase:

Photo 1:
Dress: Ghee - Yuvitza DS Gift 2024 $0L DS Group Gift

Photo 2:
Top: Evergreen - DS GIFT '24 $0L DS Group Gift

Photo 3:
Tops: BlondeQueen BQ::Abby Tank-Top:: Blue & Pink Pois $0L DS Group Gift

Photo 4:
Dress: Entice - One Love Dress - Mardi Gras $0L DS Group Gift

Photo 5:
Dress: SASCHA'S DESIGNS SAS - Hope Black Dress $0L DS Group Gift

Pants Photos 2&3: Delizio - Jeans + Applier for Maitreya + Omega (shown in Blue) $0L Marketplace

Head: LeLUTKA Fleur Head 3.1
Hair: TRUTH Valiant - Essential
Skin: 7 Deadly s[K]ins - PAOLA cotton candy (BOM)
Ring: {Carter} Wedding Zoe (Marketplace)
Body/Hands/Feet: Maitreya Mesh Body - Lara
All Poses: Verocity  (Various Sets)

No comments:

Post a Comment