Friday, January 26, 2024

Helping Haven Gateway

 Hiya everyone! Tonight I'd like to tell you about a fantastic place I've just learned about, the Helping Haven Gateway. It is such a valuable resource for new residents or perhaps those who've been away from SL for a while and are returning to a vastly different world, as they have a tutorial area as well as a rez area, sailing, parties with DJs, and a freebie center. Now as you can guess, I'm focusing on sharing some of the many gifts from the freebie area from the Ladies Fashion building. It has multiple floors with treats to appeal to a wide range of tastes, some in standard mesh sizes for classic avatars but also plenty with sizing for mesh bodies. I am wearing my Maitreya body (Lara 5.3, not X) and I found plenty to fit just on the first floor I explored and on the left side. Yes I will be back very soon, LOL, as there is so much more I want to show you from here! The men have their own building further down the path with clothing and accessories, and the landing zone has teleporter pads or you can just follow the path and signs to the freebies. It was a long scenic walk that I really enjoyed, even passing through a stained glass archway that leads to a beach barbecue area :) Did I mention that the gifts do not require any particular group tag? Just click and buy each for $0L, easy peasy!


First I randomly picked the lovely S/D Mesh Spaghetti Minidress in Checkerboard gift by Sweet Distractions. There is something so timeless about slip dresses, and the dainty pattern on this one definitely caught my eye. We receive this in a Maitreya mesh body size, with a HUD offering 13 different colors of that pretty texture. I can easily imagine dressing this up or down with various shoes and jewelry, depending on where I'm planning on wearing it.


Lately it probably looks like I purposely seek out denim, LOL, but it's just been a very happy coincidence that I've run across so much of it lately :) This is the ::BG:: Denim Dress gift from Boutique Gglam, who are currently a marketplace-only store (I'd blogged them before when they were inworld so I was familiar) with a very generous designer. The dress comes in sizing for Alice, Altamura, eBody Curvy, Freya, Isis, Venus, Maitreya, Hourglass, Physique, Star, Tonic Curvy, and Tonic Fine mesh bodies. There's also a HUD in the gift with 2 texture choices, both seen above. The black on the right does not have the floral applique on the front like the blue does, but they both have that gorgeous white lace inset on the front and a matching one on the back. 


AmAzInG CrEaTiOnS has many thoughtful gifts awaiting all visitors, like this charming Spring dress. There is a fitted standard size as well as versions for Freya, Isis, Venus, Maitreya, Hourglass, and Physique mesh bodies, and we also receive 4 different HUDs. The first is for the textures, 2 for the top and belt with 3 for the skirt. Then the others are tinting HUDs, for each section I just mentioned. On the right I tinted the belt a tan shade from solid white, and then set the skirt to solid white and tinted it a softer yellow like some of the flower petals in the top's print. It is a fun opportunity to be creative :)


Next I slipped into the MissTic Amelina dress+jewelry gift, which is not their only generous treat for us :) The cold shoulder dress is provided in sizes for Freya, Isis, Venus, Maitreya, Hourglass, and Physique mesh bodies, with a HUD that has 16 wonderful textures on two different pages. The jewelry mentioned in the name is the silver earrings, necklace, and bracelet I'm enjoying here, all adjustable and a perfect way to accessorize no matter which texture catches your eye. 


My final look of the evening is the cozy :.C!L.: Rainbow Kasha Turtleneck & Legwarmers Set. This gift tickled my 80s-loving heart, especially the bold colors and of course the legwarmers :) Yes I had a few pairs back in the day, which came in handy standing at a bus stop in the snow while wearing a school uniform dress. This turtleneck dress and the legwarmers each fit eBody, Freya, Isis, Venus, Maitreya, Hourglass, Physique, TMP, Tonic Curvy, and Tonic Fine bodies, with additional 5 standard turtleneck sizes as well as an Ocacin version of it. I love the way the sleeves hook around the base of the thumb, keeping us snug and warm if we explore somewhere chilly in SL. 

Whew, I feel like it's Friday already! My sense of timing is all wonky, as my weekend houseguest has just arrived and that usually happens on Friday evenings instead. It is a positive thing of course, and I am very much looking forward to tomorrow's dinner and the rest of the weekend :) I hope you're all having a pleasant day/evening, many magical magpie hugs to everyone!!

Credits:
All Gifts from Helping Haven Gateway:

Photo 1:
Dress: Sweet Distractions S/D Mesh Spaghetti Minidress in Checkerboard $0L Free Gift

Photo 2:
Dress: Boutique Gglam ::BG:: Denim Dress $0L Free Gift

Photo 3:
Dress: AmAzInG CrEaTiOnS Spring dress $0L Free Gift

Photo 4:
Outfit: MissTic Amelina dress+jewelry $0L Free Gift

Photo 5:
Outfit: :.C!L.: Rainbow Kasha Turtleneck & Legwarmers Set $0L Free Gift

Head: LeLUTKA Fleur Head 3.1
Hair: TRUTH Blush - Redhead
Skin: .::WoW Skins::. .WS. MANON EVOX SKIN - VELOUR PORCELAIN
Ring: {Carter} Wedding Zoe (Marketplace)
Body/Hands/Feet: Maitreya Mesh Body - Lara 5.3
All Poses: Verocity  (Various Sets)

No comments:

Post a Comment